Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scouse v Barcelona  (Read 12184 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, May 10, 2019, 06:05:34 »

So, 4 PL teams in the European finals - Platini must be fuming.

What does this mean for next season’s CL. Liverpool or Spurs will win the CL but are already qualified through league position. Does the 5th place team qualify as well. If so, then either Arsenal or Chelsea will win the Europa League and so automatically qualify for the CL.

That takes 5th out of the equation. Surely Man Utd won’t qualify by coming 6th.

So, 4 PL teams in the European finals - Platini must be fuming. Careful, Pauld will be on your case for suggesting anything remotely like a dig at his beloved EU. 🤣🤣
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, May 10, 2019, 08:08:32 »

So, 4 PL teams in the European finals - Platini must be fuming.

What does this mean for next season’s CL. Liverpool or Spurs will win the CL but are already qualified through league position. Does the 5th place team qualify as well. If so, then either Arsenal or Chelsea will win the Europa League and so automatically qualify for the CL.

That takes 5th out of the equation. Surely Man Utd won’t qualify by coming 6th.

A while back I wondered what would happen if say the present top 4 in Prem qualified by that route.... Man U had won the CL and Arsenal the Europa?

Memory a bit fuzzy, but I seem to remember when Liverpool won CL and didn't qualify by right, Spurs in 4th were dropped, which seemed completely unfair.  Think as a result some changes were made... not sure waht.

In the event I guess, if Arsenal don't overtake Spurs at the weekend on GD, which although unlikely is just about possible, they'll qualify by winning in Baku.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, May 10, 2019, 09:24:19 »

Regarding qualification

- as Liverpool and spurs have both already qualified for the tournament through league position, I think red bull Salzburg will take the spot reserved for the tournament winner, as the highest ranked team/coefficient that hasn’t otherwise qualified
-if Chelsea win the europa, their champions league place will go to the next highest ranked team/coefficient, which I think I read would be the third day placed french team

I think that’s right, it’s a bit of a minefield

Things get better but they never get good
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, May 10, 2019, 09:52:18 »

Qualification explained.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47806720

The prospect of a money spinning friendly and a potential CL qualifier on the same day will send Ed Woodward into a frenzy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48220247

I wonder if many will try and drive to Baku.

And the cost of a direct flight to Madrid for the CL final has hit £1,300 apparently.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, May 10, 2019, 10:38:39 »

So, 4 PL teams in the European finals - Platini must be fuming. Careful, Pauld will be on your case for suggesting anything remotely like a dig at his beloved EU. 🤣🤣

Your gag would work so much better if more than 1 of the 14 goals scored by English teams in the semi-finals had not been scored by foreign players on the whole only being here because of free movement in the EU.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, May 10, 2019, 10:41:01 »

Sarri complaining about having to go the US to play a friendly between the season end of the PL and the final.

Dont fucking organise one then
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, May 10, 2019, 11:06:37 »

https://newsthump.com/2019/05/10/manchester-united-to-feed-more-successful-teams-cats-during-european-finals/

BTW was pointed out to me the other day, Liverpool have already got more points in this PL season than Man United have ever achieved in any PL season, including those when there were 4 more games in the season (42 against the present 38).
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, May 10, 2019, 11:08:51 »

Sarri complaining about having to go the US to play a friendly between the season end of the PL and the final.

Dont fucking organise one then

Pretty sure Sarri isn't responsible for arranging pre-season friendlies is he?

I guess he is moaning at whoever at Chelsea has done the arranging.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #53 on: Friday, May 10, 2019, 11:14:49 »

I guess he is moaning at whoever at Chelsea has done the arranging.
Yeah those fixtures are organised as part of a sponsorship/marketing deals and well above his "pay grade" as they say.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, May 10, 2019, 11:58:32 »

Pretty sure Sarri isn't responsible for arranging pre-season friendlies is he?

I think pre-season is pushing it a bit!  Wink
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, May 11, 2019, 16:56:24 »

Your gag would work so much better if more than 1 of the 14 goals scored by English teams in the semi-finals had not been scored by foreign players on the whole only being here because of free movement in the EU.

Wise up mate. There were foreign players playing in other countries before free movement....😁
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: