Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scouse v Barcelona  (Read 12185 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 20:58:10 »

Fuck me what a game. Well done to the Scouse.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 21:05:18 »

was a great comeback. suppose they deserve it.

was willing a 94th minute Suarez winner mind.

The cheek of the winner. I'll give em a well done there
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 21:09:17 »

I really don’t get the Liverpool hate, I’m desperate for them to win the league Sunday just to piss the Utd fans off!
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 21:35:06 »

Went over the pub to watch it as I prefer a bit of atmosphere and chat about the game and was well rewarded although and no way a Liverpool fan by any means but one hell of a result. Guy I sat with had Barca to win 3-0 last week and won £150 and 'Pool to win 4-0 tonight. Cashed out after the fourth goal went in to win £300 but if he had held out would have won £500 but not bad for a fiver.

Smiley

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 21:42:54 »

Who's going to play miserable bastards after that? Classic Anfield European night. And that corner for the last goal? - genius.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 21:46:20 »

Who's going to play miserable bastards after that? Classic Anfield European night. And that corner for the last goal? - genius.
I expect we’ll have one of the usual ‘against modern football’ TEF’rs along in due course sarcastically telling us it’s a fairytale but there is no denying that was some achievement. There has been some superb top level matches this season and it’s great to see the Premier League also going down to the wire in terms of the title race.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 21:56:51 »

Football needs that sort of night. It makes everything possible. It doesn’t matter if you like Liverpool or not, or whether Barca turned up, you have to appreciate it.
Combe Up

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 22:19:21 »

I was in The Steamer & watched it. Surprisingly quiet in there numbers wise. Fantastic turnaround.

BUT... the 2nd greatest comeback ever was Town turning around a 0-3 first leg deficit to Darlo in the League Cup to win 4-3 on agg.

The greatest being Leicester Shitty's comeback from 3-0 down at Wembley only to have their fireworks well & truly pissed on by Chalky & Zippy! Ha, ha fuckin' ha!!!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 22:21:13 by Combe Up » Logged
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 22:21:44 »

Service a bit slow in Catalan Tapas Bars everywhere tonight.

Shame it was tucked away on BT Sport.
The football that is, not the tapas.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 07:00:21 »

This.

For me, i’ll armchair cheer any English club playing a European team all day long.
Combe Up

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 07:04:41 »

Steve McMahon got a gig on Radio Fucking Four this morning as a spin-off of the game. Does he get paid for that?
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 07:09:21 »

Steve McMahon got a gig on Radio Fucking Four this morning as a spin-off of the game. Does he get paid for that?

Yes of course.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 07:40:22 »

Unless you have a specific reason to hate Liverpool then as a football fan you have to appreciate how brilliant that was.

For me I just like the underdog, shocks, comebacks and Jurgen Klopp.

The greatest comeback ever was Birmingham away.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 07:55:46 »

That was properly good. If there are any of you that didn't feel even a small tinge of regret that you didn't decide to start glory hunting Liverpool at a young age, you're stronger than I am.

Remarkable stuff.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 08:25:53 »

What a game, what a performance. People will say Barca didn't turn up and they'd be right - just look at the body language of their players and coach after each Liverpool goal and it tells you everything... but Liverpool got at them constantly over the whole two legs and were worthy winners. Barca couldn't handle them. It's the kind of night that reignites a love for football after watching the last few years of dross at STFC.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: