Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your personal Town record this season  (Read 15665 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 09:50:41 »

In person just the 1 game vs Carlisle lost 0-4.

Sort of the same, In person just the 1 game vs Carlisle lost 2-1.
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 10:47:57 »

Well, if you’re a happy clapper you say ‘I’ve not seen us lose this season’
If you’re a Reg you’d say ‘I’ve not seen us win this season’
If you’re me you’d say ‘6 seasons clean’
You say 6 seasons clean like its some sort of fucking honour badge, yet you still have an opinion on all things STFC and often shout down those who often actually bother to go to games and watch the team.

Its great to hear your opinions on all things Swindon related, how you manage to get such extremely valid viewpoints on games you don't attend, and for 6 years, you are such a super fan, I am in awe of you.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 10:54:19 »

Crewe (A) 0-1

0 points, 0 goals for.

I would have gone to Bury and Oldham were it not for the arrival of a little one. That would have given me a respectable 4 points from 3 away games. Oh well.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 11:22:25 »

Popcorn
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 11:28:29 »

P4 W1 D3 L0

The victory was away at MK.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 12:25:06 »

You say 6 seasons clean like its some sort of fucking honour badge, yet you still have an opinion on all things STFC and often shout down those who often actually bother to go to games and watch the team.

Its great to hear your opinions on all things Swindon related, how you manage to get such extremely valid viewpoints on games you don't attend, and for 6 years, you are such a super fan, I am in awe of you.

Thanks.
Do you make any posts that aren’t about me?

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 13:01:20 »

What a load has beens this forum contains nowadays eh! Loads of old regulars no longer going or very infrequently it appears. Not been to a game for 2 seasons myself and I have no opinion on football matters for that reason. Fair play to those that still go I suppose. If you enjoy it then that's what it should be about.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 13:02:51 by Arriba » Logged
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 13:17:41 »

What a load has beens this forum contains nowadays eh! Loads of old regulars no longer going or very infrequently it appears. Not been to a game for 2 seasons myself and I have no opinion on football matters for that reason. Fair play to those that still go I suppose. If you enjoy it then that's what it should be about.
I like to think I'd go more often if I wasn't based in the north west... This season might have really tested that though.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 13:20:42 »

We did say "no judgements" folks!!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 13:24:32 »

I like to think I'd go more often if I wasn't based in the north west... This season might have really tested that though.

Yeah, fair point. Obviously logistics will be a factor for out of the area fans of course 👍
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 13:50:32 »

Likewise, plus if the bloody fixture computer stopped scheduling NW games when I am on holiday!!

I can get a note from my parents excusing me if that helps?   Wink Cheesy
Flashheart

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 13:59:41 »

I go to as many games now as I did about 20 years ago.

Seriously, though, I would have stopped going through the Flitcroft era. I couldn't even be asked to spend a fiver to watch it on the internet.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 14:04:21 »

Probably true that the forum is disproportionately visited (& posted to) by out of towners who have less access than the locals to local Swindon media.  And, for obvious reasons, we are less likely to be regulars at home games as well.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 14:07:28 »

I want Swindon to do well and I would like to go more than I have over the last 10 years but I've lost a lot of love for the game. The plastic prem fans, too much dosh involved, and I miss the players with passion and commitment the likes of Sean Taylor, Calderwood etc
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 14:19:41 »

My record this season is also no games attended. The previous 10+ years saw me attending virtually all home games and a handful away. The same before kids came along and disposable income went on disposable nappies.
Apart from the first couple of games, I've not really missed it. I avoid commenting on the football.
I will stay away next season too with Luke McC signing an extension to his contract.
I'm not sure if I will go after that regardless of where we are. I'm 2 years off retiring and had plans to go to most away games as well and stay overnight at most and see a bit of the places we visit - a bit of a lesser Wobbly Bob. I don't know if I will now. I've found other things to do and my weekend isn't ruined if Town lose now. Its a habit I have broken and I'm not sure I'm in a hurry to go back.
I've got a bit sick of Town if I'm honest. I think Alan McCormick was probably the last player I was genuinely pissed off left. The others come and go. There is no togetherness. Every season is a rebuild with players who generally couldn't care a toss as long as they've got a contract for a year. Everything is so short term. I'm not a Power fan either. My support has probably been stronger in seasons where we have been crap but I just can't muster up any enthusiasm any more.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: