Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Notts County pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 25993 times)
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, May 3, 2019, 11:20:54 »

Think I may feel a bit weird on Saturday, rather like attending a funeral where you didn't really know the person or care as much as other attendees.

It's ended as a real tease for them, mathematically still a last vestige of hope but not really.

Hopefully Swindon fans won't take the piss. 

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Friday, May 3, 2019, 11:41:12 »

Think I may feel a bit weird on Saturday, rather like attending a funeral where you didn't really know the person or care as much as other attendees.

It's ended as a real tease for them, mathematically still a last vestige of hope but not really.

I hadn't thought of it like that but yes you are right.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, May 3, 2019, 11:46:43 »

I suspect that some will.
Most might take on board that it could happen to us one day.

Look at Notts County, all it takes is a bad start, followed by a kneejerk sacking (where the hope is still promotion), appointment of an unsuitable replacement, then it just spirals out of control from there.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #18 on: Friday, May 3, 2019, 11:48:15 »

I suspect that some will.
Most might take on board that it could happen to us one day.

Look at Notts County, all it takes is a bad start, followed by a kneejerk sacking (where the hope is still promotion), appointment of an unsuitable replacement, then it just spirals out of control from there.
And all of that with one of the largest budgets in the division, if not THE largest allegedly, heavy spending pre season on has beens.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 06:55:38 »

Looks like County will have the backing of around 2,200 fans today.

The poster doesn't state where the quote is from but I wouldn't be shocked if its the FB owner Walker who still thinks we are a bigger club than Cardiff...fucking idiot.

Notts are a tin pot club....by a Swindon fan
http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38242631

Please Town fans attending do not take the piss if County are indeed relegated today, have a little respect and act like a grown up, it could quite easily be us in the same situation.

As for the game, I have a feeling it will be a low score(0-0 or 1-1) draw today in front of 8,245 fans with 2,221 County fans there.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 07:26:46 »

County fans are extremely confident about getting a result today despite only having won 3 times in the last 13 games and only 1 of those wins being away from Meadow Lane.

LLDLWDLWDLLDW is the run of form.

They have the wosrt away record in the league with just 17 points picked up on their travels, with 4 wins and 5 draws from 22 games, scoring 24 but conceding a hefty 47 times, thats 8 more goals let in than any other team in the league.

We are pretty inept in scoring but obviously they are still a threat. But any win at Swindon by less than 8 goals will be worthless if Macclesfield get at least a draw at home to Cambridge today.

In the away match we easily beat them 2-1 in a crappy game under Brown, I doubt 4 of the starters back in OCtober will start today Vigs, Taylor, Lancashire, Nelson, Knoyle, Smith, Dunne, McCourt, Doughty, McGlashan and Richards.

In games at the CG Town have won the last 3 matches without conceding, we have won 22 of the 34 matches between the sides at the CG with County winning just 6 of them.

County have just 1 win in the last 10 meetings at Town with us winning 6 times scoring 19 times to Countys 4 goals.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 07:30:31 »

1-3. I’m abroad currently so might watch this on Ifollow. More to see what happens to Notts than to see what our lot are up to!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 08:00:22 »

Personally, I'm really looking forward to it and, ideally, I'd like to witness absolute bedlam.

I'm hopeful there are a few twists and turns. I expect Notts County to start frantically and fade away.

I'm looking for Notts County take the lead and Cambridge score at Macclesfield - madness in the away end and all that. Then news of an equaliser at Moss Rose and witnessing the deflated away end go through it all again.

This is all to justify the £23 entrance fee so I'd like a bit of drama, please. I've got zero issues with Notts County or Macclesfield but losing the former is a big deal historically. Good luck to them both.

I'd also like to see Matthew Taylor get a final goal, in the same way that we were rooting for McEveley to get one during his final game, but rather suspect that the Town End car park will be more at risk  Smiley

Marc Richards must also be thinking of calling time on his career too? 37 this summer.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 08:12:22 »

Vale were willing to give him a contract in January but their chairman fucked it up.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 08:15:41 »

Vale were willing to give him a contract in January but their chairman fucked it up.

That's what he said, yeah. Whether it's accurate? I imagine Swindon would've allowed it though.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 08:44:36 »

Hope we get the chance to give Taylor a decent send off.
Hard work, dedication and sacrifice probably key to a very good career in MT's case. A modicum of talent as well, but not enough on its own.

Less chance of a rare sighting of LV at the final whistle though.
He might want to bid a fond farewell to the fans of the club that he "loves".

One advantage of L2 is that the season finishes at the traditional time on a Saturday.

Season after next, down a murky future timeline, could the see the last game a week earlier than what we've been used to.

I'm treating this like an away game.
 Pint

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 08:54:14 »

with Taylor I always get the sense he's putting in 100% all the time.

Sometimes he's not good enough now his legs are going, but you can ask no more of him. Comes across as a model pro.

But forgot sentimentality  he should be in today on merit ahead of koiki .
Peter Venkman

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 08:59:41 »

with Taylor I always get the sense he's putting in 100% all the time.

Sometimes he's not good enough now his legs are going, but you can ask no more of him. Comes across as a model pro.

But forgot sentimentality  he should be in today on merit ahead of koiki .
I would play Koiki and give him one more try out, then bring Taylor on for his swansong for the last 10 to 15 mins.

Taylor is always trying but his legs won't allow any more. Thanks for a good season last year.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 09:35:57 »

C'mon County.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 09:37:16 »

That's what he said, yeah. Whether it's accurate? I imagine Swindon would've allowed it though.

Richards messaged someone on instagram saying their chairman pulled the deal
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: