Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Notts County pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 25985 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 13:34:17 »

Ah well, last game of the season should see Notts retain league status. See they've sold over 1600 tickets. Might go to this, could prove interesting  Smiley
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 13:39:19 »

Edit, 2050 sold
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 13:45:10 »

Ah well, last game of the season should see Notts retain league status. See they've sold over 1600 tickets. Might go to this, could prove interesting  Smiley
Not if Maccledfield win or even draw
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 13:48:25 »

Macc lads at home to a poor side in Cambridge, but you never know, strange things happen in football.

I personally would prefer County to stay up and Sol Campbell get relegated.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 13:50:48 »

I was going more on our home form  Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 13:52:17 »

GW Reds BBQ at the cricket ground
Quick butchers at the FiTC facility building
Football to say goodbye to Matt Taylor (and good riddance under my breath to others)
Fall asleep on sofa.

Sounds like a good Saturday

An 8-0 County win would do it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 13:59:17 »

Well it will be the last time at least half the side that plays on Saturday will ever play for Swindon, if you dont want to sign for us then fuck off and don't come back.

Not a single player is bigger than the club so if you don't want to be part of it then bye, some are not good enough, some are ok but will be no loss and some should never have been signed in the first place.

TBH there is not a single player at the club who for me would be a massive loss if they did or do leave, I include Doughty in that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 14:02:17 »

While I agree, it just makes the job of recruiting that bit more difficult.

We don't want to be down to out 27th choice left back/centre back come August Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 14:15:08 »

Which they will surely do with a manager that even Guardiola looks up to in charge.... 
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 15:25:20 »

Massive game. Not for us though. Biggest home attendance of the season?

Don't have a great deal of sympathy for Notts County the club.
They've been shit all season and probably a mess behind the scenes as well to get to this point.
Do have sympathy for their fans. A decent bunch and always a good day out up there.
The wheels have well and truly fallen off the wheelbarrow.

Hope we don't just roll over, but should get an idea of who is on RW's shit list.
Anyway, good opportunity to get rid of an opponent that could otherwise be challenging us for top spot next season.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 15:37:25 »

I remember in 62, we had Yeovil in the cup one week at Huish and then Notts the following week at the CG. The Don had made his debut the week before Yeovil v Sarfend at the CG aged just about 17. He starred v Glovers and then scored his first goal v Notts.

Yeovil can go back to being non league giant killers, but it would be sad to see Notts go..... however, I don't think there's much room for sentiment, it's dog eat dog for us now as so few sides between us and the twilight zone.
Sir red ken

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 15:54:22 »

Massive game. Not for us though. Biggest home attendance of the season?

Don't have a great deal of sympathy for Notts County the club.
They've been shit all season and probably a mess behind the scenes as well to get to this point.
Do have sympathy for their fans. A decent bunch and always a good day out up there.
The wheels have well and truly fallen off the wheelbarrow.

Hope we don't just roll over, but should get an idea of who is on RW's shit list.
Anyway, good opportunity to get rid of an opponent that could otherwise be challenging us for top spot next season.

Challenging us for a top spot? I'd rather they stay up so they make up 1of 2 of the shite teams next season. That way we might keep our league status. Where's a promo season coming from we've finished worse each year now for while, STFC a dying the death of a thousand cuts.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 17:06:29 »

Challenging us for a top spot? I'd rather they stay up so they make up 1of 2 of the shite teams next season. That way we might keep our league status. Where's a promo season coming from we've finished worse each year now for while, STFC a dying the death of a thousand cuts.

Oh come on Ken, cheer up and keep the faith.
If we don't get promoted next season, then I'll be running round your mansion with my willy hanging out.
A spare tin foil hat might be needed to cover what small modesty remains though.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 19:04:25 »

Is their chairman still Nobby Cocksworth? If so that could be flying about if they stay up.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 19:04:57 »

Audrey will be gutted if he misses that..
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: