Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Going, going . . . Gone!  (Read 7045 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 11:02:36 »

I want In Paradisum from Fauré's Requiem.  Fitting for a funeral but, more importantly, a very beautiful, almost ethereal, piece of music.

And I want to go up in smoke quickly, or chemically dissolved or whatever (if cremations have been banned by then on environmental grounds).  Having my useless corpse slowly rotting away in a hole in the ground does not appeal.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 11:14:53 »

My funeral is all paid for already at 53.

When you have some illnesses you have to think about these things as myself and my wife have both lost both of our parents and without insurance the cost is huge for what you actually get.

Only 1 of our 4 parent had enough savings/insurance to cover the funerals and the basic funeral is about £4,000 now with no flowers, no extra cars, just the basic service and cremation and return of the ashes in a plastic tub.

Yes you can hand the body over to the state for a paupers funeral but you will have no say at all about times/service etc so you could be the first funeral of the day at 7am making it hard for any family to get there and as all my family are in Swindon, 120 miles away, thats difficult.

We didn't want to leave that to our kids to pay so we took out insurance about 2 years ago that covers the basic funeral after the first year, so we are safe now!

As for the actual service...I haven't as yet given it a thought, havent thought about music, anecdotes etc and don't really care at all about it as I won't be there, only in body!

As for the ashes...again I don't really care about that, buried up at the Yeovil or Taunton crem probably.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 11:20:07 »

Why isn't Highway to Hell on the list.

I want to go in the ground and then have the headstone clamped.

Ending up as tinned food might not be too far away.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 11:23:11 »

If/when I pop my clogs in Greece I’m not entirely sure if I want to remain here or be returned to Blighty. I know it really makes fuck all difference, but . . .

I used to fancy being scattered around the CG - an arm here, a leg there, me arse pointing towards the Bank.

Apparently, the British cemetery here is full so I’d have to go the Greek Orthodox route, I guess.

I think your arse should go in the car park, you could double up as a bike rack.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 11:25:08 »

Why isn't Highway to Hell on the list.

I want to go in the ground and then have the headstone clamped.

Ending up as tinned food might not be too far away.

Or Going Underground
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 11:31:54 »

I have told my kids that I want to be carried in to Highway from hell, then I want always look on the bright side of life during the service, then when they take the coffin I want them to play Ring of fire.
But knowing my kids I will probably end up with Barbie Girl by Aqua and other equally crap pop songs.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 11:46:03 »

I have told my kids that I want to be carried in to Barbie Girl by Aqua

Quoted for posterity Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 11:49:46 »

I have told my kids that I want to be carried in to Highway from hell, then I want always look on the bright side of life during the service, then when they take the coffin I want them to play Ring of fire.
But knowing my kids I will probably end up with Barbie Girl by Aqua and other equally crap pop songs.
Ring of fire and burn baby burn and several others are banned by almost all crematoriums in the UK, my mother in law wanted that and was told that it was not possible because of local crematorium rules. No sense of humour them undertakers.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 12:06:12 »

I'd rather burn than be dumped in the ground. Music - a bit of Neil Young, a bit of Richard Thompson - not too bothered which ones. Both a bit miserable like me.
My one eccentric request is for a hand on the end of the coffin and that when it goes behind the curtains, the middle finger goes up in the air so its the last thing people see. Not too much to ask.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 12:15:43 »

Breaking into Heaven - Stone Roses

My dad had a Scottish piper leading the cortège- had no idea that was on the agenda. 20 years ago, now.

Bloody hell. Time just slips away.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 14:18:11 »

Donate me and carry on as normal, no need for people to spend their hard earned money gathering to wish me goodbye when I am gone already.  Se no point in burial or funeral.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 15:37:16 »

Whilst I won't be there, I quite fancy The Man Don't Give a Fuck by SFA.... Just for shits and giggles really!
Combe Up

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 18:44:16 »

"I hear you knocking" by Dave Edmunds for me.

Alternatively Co-op Members' no ceremony deal for £1,100. But if after I'm gone any of you necros on here fancy a go on me before rigor sets in, then go for it.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 21:08:25 »

Always wanted to go down the route of cryogenics/science for myself. As for a song - genuinely;

Insomnia - Faithless
or
Sabotage - Beastie Boys

Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29 on: Friday, May 3, 2019, 07:25:08 »

"I hear you knocking" by Dave Edmunds for me.

He is my 2nd cousin, I could actually arrange for him to sing it live for the right fee Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: