Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doughty doubts  (Read 10470 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, April 28, 2019, 12:24:06 »

Its also be quoted that he only signed for us because the club promised him a unicorn.

Sounds like Brexit - it would be undemocratic not to honor his entire contract.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, April 28, 2019, 12:29:26 »

Probably Power planning for non league football... Doughty could become his Paul Doswell, at Suttton (although currently taking a break after 11 years)  Sutton are part time, but can hang about in the Conference, with the odd good cup run to generate funds. Doswell worked for free, as a wealthy chap, did it as a hobby. Further he personally funded things like their artificial pitch.

Have you been drinking with Sir Red Ken perchance?
Sir red ken

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, April 28, 2019, 12:31:37 »

Sounds like Brexit - it would be undemocratic not to honor his entire contract.
Its nothing like brexit, there we're no unicorns promised or requested by anyone.
However in his contract, he insisted we give him a unicorn or he'll leave.
No unicorn no play, he's off now to another club insearch of his unicorn signing on fee.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, April 28, 2019, 18:37:36 »

Its nothing like brexit, there we're no unicorns promised or requested by anyone.
However in his contract, he insisted we give him a unicorn or he'll leave.
No unicorn no play, he's off now to another club insearch of his unicorn signing on fee.

I would keep taking the tablets if I were you. Smiley
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, April 28, 2019, 19:02:05 »

Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, April 28, 2019, 19:13:14 »

I’ve said before that if Wellens wants us to be a high press all action unit then he’s best off binning doughty, as he’d never fit into that system

Things get better but they never get good
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, April 28, 2019, 21:44:10 »

I would keep taking the tablets if I were you. Smiley

An awful lot of stuff to take available if you know where to get it.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, April 28, 2019, 21:58:42 »

He's going to Lincoln. I was speaking to his Aunt just last week (Exiled Bob knows of her I hear). Makes sense, isn't his family estate up there? No, I don't mean a Mondeo either.  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, April 29, 2019, 08:50:18 »

Bloody hell he is only 26, the way he is spoken about I always assumed that he was well into his 30's and coming to the end of his career.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #24 on: Monday, April 29, 2019, 09:03:27 »

He's going to Lincoln. I was speaking to his Aunt just last week (Exiled Bob knows of her I hear). Makes sense, isn't his family estate up there? No, I don't mean a Mondeo either.  Hmmm
Doughty style does not suit how Lincoln play, he would be a shit signing for them, he likes to play with the ball at his feet not 10 yards over his head.

I have heard that Sunderland are again watching Doughty as they were in the last transfer window when he was injured which stopped them making any offer.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, April 29, 2019, 10:31:03 »

He's going to Lincoln. I was speaking to his Aunt just last week (Exiled Bob knows of her I hear).
Don't think so.....I knew a Claire Doughty at school. Is it her?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, April 29, 2019, 11:42:05 »

To free up wages/ team berth(s) for the type of player(s) to get us out of this division, bearing in mind we are likely to have a reduced budget, as originally stated...

Have you got proof of this or are you going by certain people on that facebook group

He's a pro footballer playing in L2 cant see how he could or would be able to play if he only trained part time
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, April 29, 2019, 11:56:27 »

Have you got proof of this or are you going by certain people on that facebook group

He's a pro footballer playing in L2 cant see how he could or would be able to play if he only trained part time

Some in the Conference are part time... it's been a while since we beat a Conference side. Woking were part time... they beat us. There's not a massive difference between our players and players at that standard.... I'd have thought it would be easy enough to have one player part time in Div 4.
Flashheart

« Reply #28 on: Monday, April 29, 2019, 12:01:19 »

bearing in mind we are likely to have a reduced budget, as originally stated...

It was? Where? When?
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, April 29, 2019, 13:13:37 »

It was? Where? When?

As originally stated in my previous post on this thread. May be conjecture but I'd imagine it's likely. The longer we are in this division, the less money I'd have thought would be available...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: