Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doughty doubts  (Read 10472 times)
sir windon

Ignore
« on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 16:15:23 »

Despite being arguably our most talented player and under contract I reckon Wellens will be looking to get rid.
Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 16:29:43 »

Arguably the best player in the division on his day. He's inconsistent, though, and prone to getting stroppy.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 17:46:13 »

Not sure he's inconsistent per se. He comes back from injury and is usually crap. Then he gets better and better, reaches his peak which is pretty damn good. Then gets injured, and starts the cycle again.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 18:51:12 »

Needs better players around him - he’s light years ahead of what we’ve got at the moment.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 19:23:52 »

If Wellens wants new combative div 4 players, presumably on a reduced budget, selling Doughty may be the only answer?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 19:35:56 »

Despite being arguably our most talented player and under contract I reckon Wellens will be looking to get rid.

Why
Sir red ken

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 21:14:20 »

Why
Eh, because we've got fuckall money!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 21:31:57 »

Eh, because we've got fuckall money!

So why would Wellens be looking to get rid?
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 22:10:57 »

Trains with the players once a week, is independently wealthy and football is basically a hobby. Good player as far as I am concerned but does he have the commitment really required to get us out of dvision 4?

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 22:22:32 »

So why would Wellens be looking to get rid?

To free up wages/ team berth(s) for the type of player(s) to get us out of this division, bearing in mind we are likely to have a reduced budget, as originally stated...
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 22:39:39 by sir windon » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, April 28, 2019, 07:06:12 »

Trains with the players once a week, is independently wealthy and football is basically a hobby. Good player as far as I am concerned but does he have the commitment really required to get us out of dvision 4?
Its been quoted several times that he trains part time. Its also been rebuffed several times too. What is the truth here?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Sir red ken

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, April 28, 2019, 07:08:07 »

To free up wages/ team berth(s) for the type of player(s) to get us out of this division, bearing in mind we are likely to have a reduced budget, as originally stated...
He's the only player under contract that another club would pay a transfer fee to sign.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, April 28, 2019, 07:15:12 »

I really struggle to believe it’s true. If it is, League Two is probably his limit..
Sir red ken

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, April 28, 2019, 08:02:48 »

Its been quoted several times that he trains part time. Its also been rebuffed several times too. What is the truth here?
Its also be quoted that he only signed for us because the club promised him a unicorn.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, April 28, 2019, 09:19:06 »

Its been quoted several times that he trains part time.

Probably Power planning for non league football... Doughty could become his Paul Doswell, at Suttton (although currently taking a break after 11 years)  Sutton are part time, but can hang about in the Conference, with the odd good cup run to generate funds. Doswell worked for free, as a wealthy chap, did it as a hobby. Further he personally funded things like their artificial pitch.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: