Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Town v Swindon Town pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 30907 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 19:21:05 »

I think Norwood scoring 20+ goals had more effect on Tranmere’s season than Banks.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 19:27:31 »

Regret to say that I spent most of my day in (a) the Urgent Care Centre before being transferred to (b) A&E!!  Christ what a shambles the NHS has become and I am not blaming the doctors or nurses at the GWH for that.  Too many patients and not enough space for them to be treated, not enough staff to treat them!  Rant over, can anybody enlighten me on what RW had to say after the game please?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 19:38:26 »

hope everything is ok Ronnie.

courtesy of kay brown on Twitter:

80% of squad won't be here next season; club has been riddled with cancer of complacency; not happy with building team around loan players; a lot of pretenders at the club; Conroy and Knoyle need to sign contracts soon or they're history; Rose has signed a one year deal.

---++
me:

he talked about how angry he was at half time, contact players strolling through game. really angry until be realised 80% would be gone soon...

said youth teamers will be around the squad next week and he'll play those who are here next year.

said building team with so many loaners in last few season was mistake

(all paraphrased)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 19:50:08 »

I think Norwood scoring 20+ goals had more effect on Tranmere’s season than Banks.

As I've pointed out before Tranny's good home form is based on defence... last season we had dodgy home form and Banks came in. We then went 7 undefeated.... football is a team game, you're looking for individuals who can come in and provide something more effective to the whole than what at first look their individual contribution might indicate.  Our problem is that although we have some individuals who can have the odd good performance, their input isn't sufficient to raise the team performance on a regular basis.

It's all old cliche stuff but particularly in Div 4 you need to build from the back.... couple of big buggers in midfield who put themselves about.... Brown's clean sheet mentality if you like... then  go from there.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 19:54:39 »

80% of squad won't be here next season; club has been riddled with cancer of complacency; not happy with building team around loan players; a lot of pretenders at the club; Conroy and Knoyle need to sign contracts soon or they're history; Rose has signed a one year deal.

---++
me:

he talked about how angry he was at half time, contact players strolling through game. really angry until be realised 80% would be gone soon...

said youth teamers will be around the squad next week and he'll play those who are here next year.

(all paraphrased)

Bloody hell, is that all really accurate? Sounds seriously furious and a departure from a manager who has talked a lot about squad stability in the past.
chrisser

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 20:06:00 »

Bloody hell, is that all really accurate? Sounds seriously furious and a departure from a manager who has talked a lot about squad stability in the past.
The quotes are accurate but miss the context and tone of voice. Just listened back on BBC iPlayer Radio. He sounded calmer and more composed than after the Crewe game
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 20:09:16 »

the adver have direct quotes, not all of it is there.

sorry I didn't mean to make it sound like his response wasn't controlled and measured, it was.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/17602588.richie-wellens-reacts-to-swindon-towns-3-2-loss-against-cheltenham-town-at-the-jonny-rocks-stadium-in-league-two/
Sir red ken

« Reply #202 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 20:16:07 »

The quotes are accurate but miss the context and tone of voice. Just listened back on BBC iPlayer Radio. He sounded calmer and more composed than after the Crewe game

Just read the adver article and here's my thoughts.
We don't have money for a new squad but we need one.
Starting in a new season in a few months time with mostly new players will be difficult for even the best of managers.
If next season is like every other one, then its free transfers a week before the first game of the new season.
We are fucked big time.
Under the current setup we'll start next season with talk of a playoff place (should be autos for a club like stfc)
If we get near the playoffs games will be thrown to ensure we stay in div 2
Next season the best we can hope for is to maintain our div 2 status.
Taxi for Wellens, you only got the job because you we're cheap and had a bad management record and take LP with you.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 20:30:31 »

Just read the adver article and here's my thoughts.
We don't have money for a new squad but we need one.
Starting in a new season in a few months time with mostly new players will be difficult for even the best of managers.
If next season is like every other one, then its free transfers a week before the first game of the new season.
We are fucked big time.
Under the current setup we'll start next season with talk of a playoff place (should be autos for a club like stfc)
If we get near the playoffs games will be thrown to ensure we stay in div 2
Next season the best we can hope for is to maintain our div 2 status.
Taxi for Wellens, you only got the job because you we're cheap and had a bad management record and take LP with you.

With "supporters" like that I wonder . . . . oh, I'll leave that there 
Sir red ken

« Reply #204 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 21:11:52 »

With "supporters" like that I wonder . . . . oh, I'll leave that there 

61 years of watching the town entitles me to a voice. Doesn't make me a bad supporter.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 21:37:27 »

---++
me:

(all paraphrased)

I’m disappointed he only thinks 80% of the squad will be gone.
That means we will be keeping 15% more than we should.

I think complacency sums this club up quite well. Top to bottom, owner to fans.
The club needs a shot in the arm, that will only come from a new owner. Regardless what you may think of Lee Power he simply doesn’t have the capital to progress this club.

If what he has claimed in the past is true then he has settled the foundations so to speak. Need someone else to build the house though.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 22:45:51 »

I’m disappointed he only thinks 80% of the squad will be gone.
That means we will be keeping 15% more than we should.

I think complacency sums this club up quite well. Top to bottom, owner to fans.
The club needs a shot in the arm, that will only come from a new owner. Regardless what you may think of Lee Power he simply doesn’t have the capital to progress this club.

If what he has claimed in the past is true then he has settled the foundations so to speak. Need someone else to build the house though.

Spot on
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, April 28, 2019, 00:49:02 »

61 years of watching the town entitles me to a voice. Doesn't make me a bad supporter.

With age should come wisdom..
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, April 28, 2019, 08:20:51 »

With age should come wisdom..

Or senility.
Sir red ken

« Reply #209 on: Sunday, April 28, 2019, 08:44:53 »

Or senility.
I my case its senility, I let you know when I make it to incontinence.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: