Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Town v Swindon Town pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 31134 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 17:35:30 »

nothing, just my opinion and coupled with the fact he's been nowhere near the team for ages.
Nothing like presenting opinion as fact, eh?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 17:42:15 »

soapy tit wank, well played Chang
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 17:57:35 »

And people still want Power in!

When are people going to wake up and smell the coffee. He has had his 5 years and every season our league position gets worse.

Every year a brand new side, change manager, rinse and repeat. Never gonna progress like that

Have you got copy and pastes of every single fucking cliche? 
Flashheart

« Reply #183 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 17:58:27 »

I've a hunch Dave will still be here, Wellens has spoken highly of him in the past. It's just his fitness.

Dave was slow to get going when he first arrived but was getting into the swing of things until his injury. Then was slow to get back into it again when he returned. I reckon Wellens might want to see what he can do with him after a full pre-season.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 18:07:23 »

Have you got copy and pastes of every single fucking cliche? 

Name one part of my post that’s factually wrong then
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #185 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 18:22:18 »

I want Toums to stay, yes he has had a few mares for us but he has also been the best player on the pitch on a couple of occassions when he was fully fit and ran the game, Newport AMC, Yeovil away and Oldham at home.

Toums great today,

Diagouraga deserved the MotM, classy performance from him.  Backed up the one last weekend, hopefully he's where he needs to be fitness wise and this is what we get for the rest of the season.

Diagouraga had his best game, the kind of game we had hoped from him I think.  Lets the others play around him but still good on the ball.

I like him when hes fit and breaks up play but can also bring the ball out of defence well.

I hope Wellens gets him fit rather than letting him go.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 18:31:18 »

The first season Power was involved we finished 8th Div 3.... the 2nd 4th... been downhill each from then mind.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 18:35:41 »

I'm still looking for significant pro-Lee Power sentiment. I don't think it really exists.

Stuff like 'who else is there?' and 'we need to purchase of the CG to go through' doesn't really count as support either.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 18:45:41 »

I'm still looking for significant pro-Lee Power sentiment. I don't think it really exists.

Stuff like 'who else is there?' and 'we need to purchase of the CG to go through' doesn't really count as support either.

We do look to be stuck with Power for the foreseeable, that we seem reasonable stable financially is to his credit, but sadly that has only been achieved by paring the playing side.  A things stand going into next season, another slide albeit not massively down the Div 4 table, will call into question what are the realistic aims for next season are going to be... something we'll have a better handle on in late July.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 18:49:54 »

I think fans are more aware now than ever, that the majority of people that want to run football clubs are utter shysters. For every Andrew Fitton (well
intentioned, competent, but gamble didn’t quite pay off) there are 50 McCrorys, and nobody wants one of those. We have Power until there’s someone more competent and willing. I’m not holding my breath. There are far far worse out there.

As for today, they turned up for the first 15 and after that they were as disinterested as I’ve seen a “professional” side. Cheltenham has nothing to play for either, but at least put a semi shift in. They’ll regret that afternoon’s work when they’re in the Conference South in 2 years playing for Aldershot.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 18:52:36 »

Ah answer a question with a question. You know what a cliche is?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 18:53:22 »

That was entirely self inflicted.
A top 3 side would have won that game with the same performance.

Cut out the mistakes, be reasonably solid at the back, score some goals, rely on the opposition to have a degree of incompetence.
Play shit, win the game.

Just 5 or 10% extra in doing the basics a bit better than the rest is all it will take.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 18:58:32 »

With what Wellens has said about players being braver in heading the ball in both boxes, I fully expect our first choice CB pairing to be Broadbent and Nelson next season. Conroy to play the Carroll role. Lump up top.

New LB, Doughty, Rose, Bennett midfield. Ajose.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 19:13:52 »

Conroy hasn't signed a contract for next season yet
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, April 27, 2019, 19:17:42 »

With what Wellens has said about players being braver in heading the ball in both boxes, I fully expect our first choice CB pairing to be Broadbent and Nelson next season. Conroy to play the Carroll role. Lump up top.

New LB, Doughty, Rose, Bennett midfield. Ajose.

It's encouraging in a way that Wellens has started to wax lyrically about old skool values... I too watched the Mansfield v Lincoln game, to which he alludes, and he is of course right, proper Div 4 football, some technical competency but overall a physical battle.

However I'm not expecting us to suddenly be playing the %ages, next season.  Players like Danny Rose show you that... the sort of thing needed is an Ollie Banks type.... big old boy, get you a few goals and plenty of yellows.

Tranny took Banks, and now have a shot at auto...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: