Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Crewe - matchday thread traditionally created on the match day  (Read 32423 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 16:27:27 »

Fair enough but we might not finish 14th

We'll definitely get no more points this season, we've got bogie Cheltenham and then a home game.
Sir red ken

« Reply #136 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 16:28:41 »

Substandard dross. No one came out of that looking good, not even Bennett.

Even after Crewe tried to self-implode with Cooper-style passing and angry Artell, we just weren’t good enough. 14th in League 2 isn’t acceptable.
The seasons not over yet we could drop a few more places.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 16:33:59 »

Well that was a pile of old bollocks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 16:37:04 »

That has similarities to the Barnet/Crawley game (can;t remember which) under Flitcroft, where the tactical changes simply confused the players.  Wellens needs to take some blame for how that started off - the players equally for not having the where with all to sort it out themselves.

Koiki - on reflection I would not be comfortable if we had him as out first choice left back for a season.  Ok to have him, but only if we bring in someone ahead of him.

Broadbent looked like a player who hadn't played in a few weeks.  We know he is better than that.

Rose is clearly the player Wellens would like in midfield, but Dunne did a good job of showing what we are missing - a half decent version of him!

Anderson, Bennett and Woolery - the enigma.  Personally, Anderson is the dead weight here.  I'd think Woolery has enough credit in the tank to give him another season - as in delivers too infrequently but more often than Anderson.  Bennett has had a few really good games, today was more like the first couple and he exposed the defence too many times.

Doughty - you have to find a way of getting the best out of him, and it is not in a midfield two.

Robinson - he's not good, but he's better than we had.  I'd be ok with him, but would prefer someone better if we can manage it.  Today was the down side of him.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 16:39:19 »

We'll definitely get no more points this season, we've got bogie Cheltenham and then a home game.

The good news is we cannot finish below Numb.... or 15th for that matter, so the 17th place historic low of 83/84 is safe.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 16:43:11 »

Doughty - you have to find a way of getting the best out of him, and it is not in a midfield two.
It's also not by letting him train part-time. He either wants to be a player or he doesn't. If he wants to concentrate on the business he inherited, fair do's, can't blame him for that, but either focus on that or park it if you want to play.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 16:55:36 »

It's also not by letting him train part-time. He either wants to be a player or he doesn't. If he wants to concentrate on the business he inherited, fair do's, can't blame him for that, but either focus on that or park it if you want to play.

That’s not true is it? Pretty sure it’s rubbish.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 16:57:23 »

As pointed out, this was the danger for Wellens of a poor end of season, an erosion of momentum and a sense that perhaps we might have the core of a squad who could do something next year with a bit of strengthening.  However a bit of redemption could come with a win at Whaddon Road..  Notts County game could be horrible
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 17:02:09 »

That’s not true is it? Pretty sure it’s rubbish.
In which case, please ignore it!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #144 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 17:03:47 »

Well 7 games unbeaten and yet again when we lose its....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 17:09:12 »

I don't quite see the level of criticism directed at Dunne.  I thought his passing was generally quite good, and he didn't make fuckups like several others.  The yellow card offence stopped a break clean through in my opinion.

ust be the oldest
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 17:12:43 »

Well 7 games unbeaten and yet again when we lose its....

tbf, it was fucking terrible today. I don't want to go overboard in terms of overreaction but today was dreadful. We're limping to an indifferent end to a mediocre season in a shit division, watching a team half of whom seem to be either on the beach (or according to the manager planning their return to their parent clubs) already and not seeing much sign it's going to get radically better. I think it's quite reasonable for people to be fucked off.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #147 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 17:21:19 »

tbf, it was fucking terrible today. I don't want to go overboard in terms of overreaction but today was dreadful. We're limping to an indifferent end to a mediocre season in a shit division, watching a team half of whom seem to be either on the beach (or according to the manager planning their return to their parent clubs) already and not seeing much sign it's going to get radically better. I think it's quite reasonable for people to be fucked off.
Yes it was terrible, but was it any worse than most home games earlier in the season such as Cambridge, Crawley, Exeter, Bury and Carlisle? did the fans of MKD and Mansfield have the same reaction when beaten by Crewe at home?

I think the answer is no to all of that.

Yes you are right it was fucking terrible but its not the first time this season or last season for that matter that we have been terrible at home.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #148 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 17:26:48 »

I don't quite see the level of criticism directed at Dunne.  I thought his passing was generally quite good, and he didn't make fuckups like several others.  The yellow card offence stopped a break clean through in my opinion.
Dunne misplaced at least half his attempted passes from what I saw, his tackling was off too, as for the break...yes he did bring the man down but in all honesty should have been sent off as he was the last man and in our own half which would have meant we were at a man disadvantage for 60 mins, much as he did at Crawley and against Accrington and Coventry last season.

Cynical or just a poor tackler? either way its not good enough for me when we have Smith who is better who can't get a game and Toums who is way better who can't even get a game, also we have Rose on the bench who is far better, and for that matter McCourt who is at least as good.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 17:26:53 »

You're right.

Cumulative frustrations of another year in division 4 and a few years now of generally being crap at home
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: