Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Crewe - matchday thread traditionally created on the match day  (Read 32441 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #75 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 14:55:09 »

Is porter the young kiddy who ran rings round us in the away game? If so he's a player we should be looking for in the summer.
No that was Kirk.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 14:56:00 »

No that was Kirk.
Beam me up, Scottie.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 14:56:10 »

I think it is clear from this that, Robinson is not the answer, Koiki is not the answer, Dunne is not the answer.

Knoyle needs to go back to right back.

We are devoid of ideas in the final 3rd, and a shambles at the back with the current situation of nobody seemingly knowing where they are supposed to be playing.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 14:58:43 »

OK, so, Wellens takes the blame for the selection of Conroy in the midfield.

Koiki takes the blame for us being at sixes and sevens, really basic stuff knowing where you need to be on a pitch.  A worrying sign for him.

Bennett can take the blame for us being 2 down and nearly 3 down.  Not sure what he was doing in the last 5 mins of that half but he was a liability in front of Knoyle who is trying to play in the wrong position to mop up Koiki's mess.  He's not a young player either so he should have more smarts to know he has a responsibility.  He looked ok for about 15 mins going forward, but the last 5 min is criminal.

Dunne - he is the type of player we need in midfield, he's just not anywhere near good enough.

Robinson - seems to have played himself out of form.  He still has the best presence up there but his radar is all squiffy right now.

Doughty - absent, then took control, then meh.

Anderson - I'd take Woolery over him, especially if we pick-up Bennett.  He may dazzle on the ball from time to time, but his final ball is a crock of shit.  If he can't shoot and score often enough, he has too get some assists, and neither look likely unfortunately.  Woolery at least has a little burst of goals in him.

Shit for 15 mins, gathered some control, then shit for 5 mins again.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 14:59:10 »

4 points from 15 makes pretty grim reading
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 15:00:55 »

Well that was fucking awful.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 15:01:18 »

I think it is clear from this that, Robinson is not the answer, Koiki is not the answer, Dunne is not the answer.

Knoyle needs to go back to right back.

We are devoid of ideas in the final 3rd, and a shambles at the back with the current situation of nobody seemingly knowing where they are supposed to be playing.

To be fair to Knoyle, there is nobody else who can fill the slot in the squad either, he is trying to clear up a mess.  Also, it's the first game we've looked rank in for a while.  It is certainly exposing all of our weaknesses in the squad today though!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #82 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 15:08:07 »

No knee jerk reaction from me.

We passed the ball quite well at times, we look poor at LB, striker and holding midfield...as we have ALL season.

We let in silly goals with poor individual mistakes....as we have done ALL season.

With a decent left back, the holding midfielder...which we have on the bench in Rose...and a striker who can actually score then we will be OK.

Broadbent looks rusty as fuck with no cover in front of him from Dunne.

We are a mid table side and with nothing to play for that was a mid table perfoemance too, not in any danger of relegation but also not good enough to get into the play offs, with the right signings we will still do well next season IMO.

Get Rose on for Dunne and just keep on pressing them.

Our last 2 home games against this lot we were 3-1 down with the 2nd half left and still won 4-3....could still happen!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 15:10:24 »

Town look like scoring with most attacks, that is right up until we try and have a shot then we don't look like scoring at all.

I don't agree with looking like scoring. Still, at least this half can't be as bad
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 15:11:20 »

No knee jerk reaction from me.

We passed the ball quite well at times, we look poor at LB, striker and holding midfield...as we have ALL season.

We let in silly goals with poor individual mistakes....as we have done ALL season.

With a decent left back, the holding midfielder...which we have on the bench in Rose...and a striker who can actually score then we will be OK.

Broadbent looks rusty as fuck with no cover in front of him from Dunne.

We are a mid table side and with nothing to play for that was a mid table perfoemance too, not in any danger of relegation but also not good enough to get into the play offs, with the right signings we will still do well next season IMO.

Get Rose on for Dunne and just keep on pressing them.

Our last 2 home games against this lot we were 3-1 down with the 2nd half left and still won 4-3....could still happen!

Agree with most of that, and pretty much sums up my previous post. 

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #85 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 15:12:03 »

Dunne good pass to Robinson in the box but his shot is blocked.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #86 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 15:13:18 »

I don't agree with looking like scoring. Still, at least this half can't be as bad
First half we had 4 shots, each one looked like we COULD score right up to the point we fucked up the shot, as my post suggested.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #87 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 15:17:22 »

Offside luckily, Doughty with a major fuck up.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 15:17:25 »

Well done Crewe. Mess up 2 v keeper. Snigger
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, April 22, 2019, 15:18:13 »

Sorry PV. I just don't recall us looking dangerous. Probably the cider intake
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 22   Go Up
Print