Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Crewe - matchday thread traditionally created on the match day  (Read 32139 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Thursday, April 25, 2019, 08:57:21 »

Isn’t he under contract at Brentford until 2020?

May well be... it's in the Adver, so should be taken with a pinch of salt.  It does serve the purpose that they quote Wellens post match and pre match thoughts and spread them out over the week, but I wouldn't trust the interpretation too much, as the hacks seem to know little about football.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Thursday, April 25, 2019, 08:59:51 »

From the Brentford official site in August last year...

Canice Carroll has joined Brentford B from Oxford United for an undisclosed fee.

The 19-year-old defender put pen to paper on a two-year deal today, Thursday 9 August, which includes the option for an extra year.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Thursday, April 25, 2019, 09:02:25 »

From the Brentford official site in August last year...

So it would likely involve a fee.... therefore won't happen, unless Brentford have decided that he really isn't their sort of player and want to help him out.

Mayhap a loan....
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #288 on: Thursday, April 25, 2019, 09:09:11 »

Well it seems pretty obvious having watched him that he will be nowhere near Brentfords first team for a few years to come if ever, but in L2 he is a nasty dirty niggly bastard who could and will improve in time and I would want him to sign for us.

Power has paid money for players in the past so why not now?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Thursday, April 25, 2019, 09:47:01 »

Wasn't one of them a friend for Clem?
Where was this rumoured then?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Thursday, April 25, 2019, 09:48:02 »

Exactly, it wouldn’t be remotely close to 6 figures either so it’s absolutely possible  
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Thursday, April 25, 2019, 09:50:22 »

Would be happy with Carroll coming in. Exactly what we need at this level & is young so time for improvement. Should hopefully hurry up the departures of Dunne & McCourt aswell then.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Thursday, April 25, 2019, 10:16:47 »

Well it seems pretty obvious having watched him that he will be nowhere near Brentfords first team for a few years to come if ever, but in L2 he is a nasty dirty niggly bastard who could and will improve in time and I would want him to sign for us.

After a little flurry of buys, like Obika and Michael Smith, which seemed to have been more aimed at something happening on the pitch, rather than hoping for a fat sell on.... we've only possibly had Vigs and Wollery in recent years, both seemingly in the hope of a profit. 

We live in hope that Power might be bored with being mid table Div 4 side, and therefore start looking at the significant strengthening required.... but I've seen nothing recently to think it likely.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #293 on: Thursday, April 25, 2019, 10:35:49 »

Broadbent, Curran, McGilp, Woolery, Anderson, Richards and Vigs were all signed for an undisclosed fee and were not free transfers so your argument doesn't really stand up that Power doesn't pay fees for players.

Why ruin a good moan with facts?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Thursday, April 25, 2019, 11:18:51 »

Broadbent, Curran, McGilp, Woolery, Anderson, Richards and Vigs were all signed for an undisclosed fee and were not free transfers so your argument doesn't really stand up that Power doesn't pay fees for players.

Why ruin a good moan with facts?

Last year we spent 20K on agent's fees.... so yes often there is a fee involved in a seemingly "free" transfer, + tieing up other contractual loose ends, hence why they're undisclosed.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 25, 2019, 11:21:14 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Thursday, April 25, 2019, 11:33:52 »

They are undisclosed so you, i and nobody else knows how much was paid for any of those players.

Your agent fee explanation is nothing more than a guess, certainly not a fact
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Thursday, April 25, 2019, 11:40:32 »

They are undisclosed so you, i and nobody else knows how much was paid for any of those players.

Your agent fee explanation is nothing more than a guess, certainly not a fact

The agent fee thing gives you an indicator.... nothing more. But obviously as agents take a % of any fees... the higher the agent fee the higher the transfer fee.  There may be the odd player who doesn't have an agent.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Thursday, April 25, 2019, 11:43:47 »

Where was this rumoured then?

It wasn't :-)

One of the lads is Australian and Clem had just done a piece at the time talking about the need for a path for development of Australian youth talent to the English leagues and he was hoping to get involved in that in his role.  2+2=5 and a rubbish joke.

On fees - Anderson was significant as I remember the description at the time and Woolery was certainly six figures because FGR leaked the fact someone had outbid them and they had bid something like 150k.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Thursday, April 25, 2019, 11:47:27 »

Would be happy with Carroll coming in. Exactly what we need at this level & is young so time for improvement. Should hopefully hurry up the departures of Dunne & McCourt aswell then.

I'm not sure his arrival will have much influence on those two leaving, I'd imagine they go anyway.  If you combined them you might have a half decent player, but Dunne looks like he got into football by winning a windmill arm running competition and McCourt has Arthritis.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Thursday, April 25, 2019, 12:01:50 »

By way of a change of subject....  have I missed the PotY in the Adver for this season.  Or are they no longer going to bother? 

Of course, it's possible that there just hasn't really been anyone good enough to merit it.  I did have a little think at the weekend, and couldn't come up with an obvious name... 
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: