Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Birdman  (Read 9595 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 15, 2019, 12:11:47 »

He is an acquired taste is the bloke that makes the peacock noise, i have known him for years, i think he just does it to annoy people, as he will walk up behind someone and do the noise in their ears. He also used to be Rockin Robin.

I thought you were talking about flash, jutty  Smiley
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 15, 2019, 14:25:21 »

I thought you were talking about flash, jutty  Smiley
The only funny noise Flash makes is when he drops his guts
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 15, 2019, 14:53:57 »

He was featured in the last fanzine that was produce I think 10 years ago?
Swindon need character fans, just like our football Phil, it wouldn't be the same without them dotted about and making noises.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, April 15, 2019, 15:00:26 »

Talking of characters, but not loud ones.

What's the deal with the same 2 or 3 guys who get the same autographs every week?

It's impressive to see some players approach them. Like they've conducted their own Pavlov experiment.

That said, I saw one of the aforementioned autograph hunters chase Kyle Bennett down the other week as they were pre-occupied with other players.

Kyle was apologetic.

Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2019, 10:20:31 »

What's the deal with the same 2 or 3 guys who get the same autographs every week?

It's usually OCD.... I know a few people including autograph humters who have it to an exaggerated extent.... I always think having some habitual obsessions isn't a bad thing in life.... I always check my pocket for keys when leaving the house, but those who get it bad,  can lead to some very strange behaviour. 
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2019, 10:39:34 »

If the birdman leaves the County Ground then the Town End will fall.... or is it the Tower of London?
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2019, 14:37:40 »

Also the fella who dressed up in Arab headdress every game. Had some Middle Eastern country’s flag, too.

Then there was Wanker Wainwright who fancied himself as some sort of 70s hooligan who ended up being a copper - saw him months ago.

One of the blokes that used to wear the Arab headgear was known as "Paki Ron" (even though he had Maltese parentage)
aka Ron Travolta. Sadly he passed away a few years back.

He was one of the fellas that ran onto the pitch, to present John Trollope with a trophy from the Town end when he made his record appearance.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, May 18, 2019, 06:56:59 »

He was featured in the last fanzine that was produce I think 10 years ago?
Swindon need character fans, just like our football Phil, it wouldn't be the same without them dotted about and making noises.
Yes, that was in the 69'r, absolutely brilliant artical written by Flash, anyone who hasn't seen it, its well worth searching it out, you'll piss yourself,   top quality fanzine, and only 20p in its day !.. Unfortunately this was the last issue.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Combe Up

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, May 18, 2019, 08:28:39 »

It's impressive to see some players approach them. Like they've conducted their own Pavlov experiment.

That said, I saw one of the aforementioned autograph hunters chase Kyle Bennett down the other week as they were pre-occupied with other players.

Kyle was apologetic.

Smiley

The one who looks like Max Wall checks phone boxes for change, hangs around the Marriott hotel when away teams stay there, wears an Oxford scarf when he goes to their matches & he told me that his most prized autograph is of Muhammed Ali.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, May 18, 2019, 10:35:20 »

Does rick wakemen and his shouty mates still go?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, May 18, 2019, 10:52:39 »

Does rick wakemen and his shouty mates still go?
He used to be in the DRS, haven't seen him for a couple of years now.  he may have moved over to the cemetery side to liven it up!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, May 18, 2019, 12:29:28 »

I am sure I offended one of that group on here a few years back.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, May 18, 2019, 14:18:25 »

He used to be in the DRS, haven't seen him for a couple of years now.  he may have moved over to the cemetery side to liven it up!

Someone said on here a couple of years ago that he was all loved up. Maybe he’s gone the same way as the rest of us and saves his shouting for home these days.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, May 18, 2019, 17:29:45 »

Is Birdman the guy with a face that only a mother could love?

Pretty sure he got a mention in a Bring the Noise once.

Has the current squawker taken on the mantle of an original & earlier version?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, May 18, 2019, 19:48:49 »

Someone said on here a couple of years ago that he was all loved up. Maybe he’s gone the same way as the rest of us and saves his shouting for home these days.
I believe he lived out in the Coates direction and walked everywhere, maybe exhaustion got to him and marriage was an easier option.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: