Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oldham Athletic v Swindon Town - Pre Match Chat/Match Day Thread  (Read 27477 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 10:38:21 »

So yet another must win game if we want to get into the play offs, so it’s another guaranteed loss/draw with all the teams above us slipping up.
Oldham have picked up since the departure of Paul Scholes, winning their last 3 games, so will have play off hopes themselves and a win for them will see them climb above us in the table.

If we play like we did Tuesday I am confident we will win, but if we play like we did Saturday then that really will be it for our very slim play off hopes.

I’m going for a 2.1 win, with a late Doughty winner with Anderson getting the first.

cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 11:41:49 »

I'm confident we will win as our late surge for the play offs continue.

3-1 to the Town. Woolery to remember where the goal is and score twice and one from Anderson.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 11:42:45 »

I'm also confident we will win so we can keep the delusion of playoffs going right until we spectacularly collapse against Cheltenham, they are our nemesis
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 11:50:17 »

What's the Boundary Park pitch like this season.... Wellens reckoned its poor state was one of the reasons for last season's relegation?

At the start of the week I said how these were two big games coming up for Wellens.... he passed the first test impressively, a point at Rodney Parade in the circumstances an excellent outcome... but this is harder.  Can we maintain that level of focus, with our nice top half perch riding on it?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 12:01:46 »

What's the Boundary Park pitch like this season.... Wellens reckoned its poor state was one of the reasons for last season's relegation?

Doesn't look too bad!

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/oldham-athletic/11682625/oldham-2-0-tranmere

I am in Manchester tonight staying over morning so could divert to Boundary Park tomorrow AM, but think I will just come home!  Cheesy
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 12:08:32 »

Doesn't look too bad!

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/oldham-athletic/11682625/oldham-2-0-tranmere

I am in Manchester tonight staying over morning so could divert to Boundary Park tomorrow AM, but think I will just come home!  Cheesy

Go to Oldham, you will be kicking yourself if you don't and we get a positive result.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 12:40:40 »

Wellens will be desperate to put one over his former team.

They have won their last 3 games all 2-0  against Grimsby and Tranny home and Col U away.

Oldhams home form is almost identical to Towns away form w9 d5 l6 our away form is w9 d5 l7.

The Latics recent form is DLLDDLWWW.
Swindons recent form is WDWLLDWWDD.

Town have been hit and miss in away games at Oldhams cold and windy ground.

In our last 12 games there dating back to 2003 Swindon have come out as victors 4 times, Oldham 4 times a 4 draws with no side scoring more than 2 goals in any single game between the sides.

Their fans are rightly very confident of a win after winning their last 3 games on the bounce since Scholes decided he didn't really like working there.

In the home game Taylor was sent off for a foul in the last minute of the game in a dull 0-0 with probably only 3 of that side likely starters for tomorrows match in McCormick, Woolf and Anderson, add to that Conroy who was on the bench that day being the only other likely player to start from the matchday 18 back then.

A game Town dominated without scoring, Oldham had an incedibly slow defence and the ref was terrible and Oldham came for a 0-0 which is what they got.

Tomorrow will be very different.

Swindon 3-0 Oldham with Anderson, Robinson and Woolf scoring in front of 4,351 with 475 hopeful Town fans there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #7 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 12:44:50 »

Doesn't look too bad!

Even the Oldham fans on their forum say playing good flowing football on their pitch is unlikely this season as its in a terrible state.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #8 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 12:51:29 »

I love to see fans of other teams on their forums getting things so wrong.

Last five games

Swindon: LLWDD
Oldham: DLWWW

Purple patch? Some fans are making unnecessary excuses already.

How about DWWDD for Swindon....hmmm changes things a bit doesnt it.

Tranmere and Colchester are far better sides than Swindon and were going into this game on the back of three wins, six goals scored and three clean sheets

I can only see another win for us  
Depends on how you define better? 2 sides we have beaten in recent weeks and we have won 3 of the 4 games played between the teams this season. If judged on football quality then we would win hands down in the "better" stakes.

My word there more in fighting and arguements between their fans on the forum than most I have visited ever.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 12, 2019, 12:53:52 by Peter Venkman » Logged

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 16:31:15 »

Vigs is back in the squad tomorrow
Peter Venkman

« Reply #10 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 18:26:08 »

Vigs is back in the squad tomorrow
I hope he doesn't play him, McCormick hasn't put a foot wrong since hes been playing and didn't go off sulking when he wasn't picked but happily sat on the bench for 20 consecutive matches.

Vigs 7 clean sheets in 29 games, McCormick 7 clean sheets in 12, says it all for me.

Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 20:08:01 »

I hope he doesn't play him, McCormick hasn't put a foot wrong since hes been playing and didn't go off sulking when he wasn't picked but happily sat on the bench for 20 consecutive matches.

Vigs 7 clean sheets in 29 games, McCormick 7 clean sheets in 12, says it all for me.
Exactly this, it does boil my piss when footballers become petulant wee shits, something about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, April 13, 2019, 07:27:34 »

So where has this jump from going to a funeral to being a shit come from? People dont die to order.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, April 13, 2019, 08:14:06 »

So where has this jump from going to a funeral to being a shit come from? People dont die to order.
Vigs only let Wellens know about the funeral the night before by text. People don’t die to order but funerals usually take a while to organise, Vigs May have known about the funeral for week or two and could have mentioned it beforehand. I think that’s why he may be considered thoughtless.
Back to today’s match; 2-0 to keep the slight chance alive for another week.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, April 13, 2019, 10:11:12 »

Need a win = Doughty must start
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: