Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Newport v Swindon Town FC Official Match Day Thread  (Read 32611 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 10:28:28 »

I saw the sex pistols at Crystal Palace in 2002.  It was awful.  I know loads of people who were there.  They also thought it was awful.

Never knowingly overstated.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 10:33:01 »

I saw the sex pistols at Crystal Palace in 2002.  It was awful.  I know loads of people who were there.  They also thought it was awful.

I can imagine..
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #317 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 10:40:59 »

I thought about going to see them back then and didn't bother, I have seen all 3 remaining members individually but never as a unit, glad I didn't now.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 11:44:26 »

How did you ever imagine it would be anything else? They were dreadful first time round and have only become more conceited, rather than more talented, since. Said as a former punk btw
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 11:46:41 »

Well at the time I was working in London for the promoters and got in free.  Freeloading scum that I am.  I wasn't going to miss out on a night out which was only marginally ruined by the awful performance.

Flashheart

« Reply #320 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 11:52:01 »

I'm a bit of a Sex Pistol's fan, but I've never pretended that they're good musicians. They offer... something else.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 11:58:29 »

Anyone see Budgie at The Town Hall way back when?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 14:00:33 »

Anyone see Budgie at The Town Hall way back when?

Covered somewhat in this thread...

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=56979.msg1427910#msg1427910
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 15:16:25 »

Budgie from Sioux and the banshees is now drummer for John Grant.  True fact.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #324 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 15:31:56 »

I'm a bit of a Sex Pistol's fan, but I've never pretended that they're good musicians. They offer... something else.
I saw what you did there Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 15:54:00 »

Well at the time I was working in London for the promoters and got in free.  Freeloading scum that I am.  I wasn't going to miss out on a night out which was only marginally ruined by the awful performance.
Ah fair do's. A night out's a night out!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 17:36:55 »

TBF back then me and some mates used to drive up from Swindon just to witness it, we didn't abuse them but watched them with some revultion at the time as teenagers.

We would often go on a Friday for a drive, go round the perimitter and stare a bit and get repulsed by the awful stench, which genuinely was stomach churning.

To this day I could not tell you why we did that, we did nothing while we were there and like Sutton I am not proud of it but still we did it and I don't know why. I guess it was just human nature of going to see how the other half lived. Rubbernecking as it were.

About the worst was "Smelly Lezzers" which probably wasn't too far from the truth. I do know some people who concreted their water source in the dead of night. That sort of put me off after that, a step too far, even for an immature me.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 17:41:04 »

I can imagine..

I saw The Cure same day at Hyde Park, they were on a real doom and gloom day, my brother slept through the whole gig. Was always miffed I missed the Pistols for it, until I read this. I did see them at Brixton a few years later, they were pretty decent that night.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Friday, April 12, 2019, 21:14:17 »

That brixton show was directly after Id been on there as a production manager for enter shikari.  The pistols turned up for a meeting whilst I was there where Johnny Rotten spat on the floor, drank becks and smoked in the venue.  Our lighting designer was also doing the pistols and was telling about phonecalls he was getting at 2am from Johnny rotten saying - I want all the lights to be black.  Mad bastard.

They ended up not using the one good idea they had - a backdrop like famous queen stamp with a safety pin through her nose but replacing her with Diana.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: