Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Newport v Swindon Town FC Official Match Day Thread  (Read 32615 times)
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 06:59:45 »

Back to basics, on the day. There is still a glimmer of that murderous hope. 0-2 to Swindon Town FC.
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 07:11:51 »

Recommended away pub?
Panda Paws

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 07:32:28 »

Will be watching from a train between Hamburg and Berlin.

All I ask is for us to do enough this week to make Cambridge and Cheltenham worth going to. Think we'll get 4 points.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 08:15:57 »

Not confident about this one. Think Amond is fit and he will put 2 nails in our play-off dream coffin.

2-0 Newport.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 08:22:11 »

Be a nice bit of symmetry if the place that relegated us way back when could offer up 3 points to get us right in the PO mix.

1-2
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 08:26:03 »

We're away, we'll win and win well.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 09:30:37 »

Newport relegated us in 1981-82 I fear they will finally put the nail in any play off hopes this evening with their pitch being a great leveller.

Thier fans still think they will reach the play offs themselves and that we will be pretty much a walkover tonight, for that reason alone.....

Swindon 3-0 Yeovil with Anderson, Robinson and Woolf scoring in front of 3,651 with 625 hopeful Town fans there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 09:41:32 »

Swindon 3-0 Yeovil with Anderson, Robinson and Woolf scoring in front of 3,651 with 625 hopeful Town fans there.
You値l get some decent odds on that!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 09:42:10 »

Grin
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 09:54:45 »

Pre match hoping for Union, Prudence & Energy in the Pen and Wig, just up the road from the Westgate Hotel, where the Chartist Rising was greeted by the whiff of musket fire to deadly effect on that fateful day in Nov 1839.

Our occasional forays into Europe are always enjoyable, relegation aside.
After last season, doing a double over this lot would be good.
Win the game and then see what Macclesfield are up to.
After tonight, it's either very much game on, or ho hum another season in L2.

Pubs in the centre all open at 10.00, a bit of Boney M on the jukebox.
What's not to like.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 09:58:26 »

These next 2 games are very dangerous for Wellens.... lose both and we're likely back into the bottom half, and with Whaddon Road to come, could easily finish below Chetnumb for the first time ever when in the same league.

That scenario would not be good.... another season of decline under Power, leaving less wriggle room to the Conference trapdoor.

These are difficult games at the best of times, but with the squad likely to be on the beach after Saturday, it will be a test of Wellens motivational powers.

A draw would be an impressive outcome, and keep Newport below us.

Late season 3 away game trots, reminds me of 78/79, when we ende up with visits to Griffin Park, Hillsborough and Bloomfield Road win the lot and we win the league...2 wins and a draw and it's autos. We win the first at Griffin Park, with probably 6000 travelling Town fans, on the Tuesday, then lose at Hillsborough on the Friday 2-1, which finishes it.  Sad
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 10:11:39 »

Have you always been pessimistic Reg or has it got worse with age?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 10:14:36 »

You値l get some decent odds on that!
If I actually believed my prediction that I would place a bet Cheesy

Peter Venkman

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 10:21:58 »

Apparently we have sold 538 tickets as of yesterday evening, thats not a bad turn out for an away game in europe (thanks for that WB) Smiley

If we do indeed pull off a win, against all the odds then the dream of a play off is well and truly still on, if we don't win then for me thats it even though its still mathematically possible I think it will be over.

The pitch is notoriously shit and even Man City struggled to play decent football on it. I personally would like House given a go instead of Robinson after his "in front of goal" performance at the weekend.

At least our defence will be bolstered by the return of Lancashire (!!!!) and I feel Doughty will probably start the game at the expense of Anderson, Woolery or Bennett.

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 10:33:23 »

These next 2 games are very dangerous for Wellens.... lose both and we're likely back into the bottom half, and with Whaddon Road to come, could easily finish below Chetnumb for the first time ever when in the same league.

That scenario would not be good.... another season of decline under Power, leaving less wriggle room to the Conference trapdoor.

These are difficult games at the best of times, but with the squad likely to be on the beach after Saturday, it will be a test of Wellens motivational powers.

A draw would be an impressive outcome, and keep Newport below us.

Late season 3 away game trots, reminds me of 78/79, when we ende up with visits to Griffin Park, Hillsborough and Bloomfield Road win the lot and we win the league...2 wins and a draw and it's autos. We win the first at Griffin Park, with probably 6000 travelling Town fans, on the Tuesday, then lose at Hillsborough on the Friday 2-1, which finishes it.  Sad
Jesus - I think you致e reached a new low, Reg.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: