Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Utilities Query  (Read 1572 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« on: Monday, April 8, 2019, 17:39:36 »

A long one to stick with it. I have a general query about British Gas. A friend manages a business with a flat above. The flat is undergoing a refurb. The guys doing it want to test the new radiators, plumbing work and new boiler under working conditions. However, the last tenant defaulted on their bills even though they paid the rent and the first the company knew of this was when the bailiffs arrived. So then a pay as you go meter was installed. The tenant has gone and the card has run out of money. There is a new tennet lined up but the company are getting the run around by BG. The supply has been swapped back to the property owners on 17th March. BG say they cannot do a credit check until 18th April because this new ownership of supply has to be in place for four weeks before a credit check is carried out? Then they still have to wait up to two weeks for a new meter to be installed. It does seem a convoluted way to get the supply reconnected. Has anyone any ideas how to circumvent this log jam? To complicate an already difficult situation, there is no card in the meter to recharge up, what’s more the tennent owes BG about £1k in arrears and charges so even if there was a card any money put on it would go to pay the arrears?

TIA.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, April 8, 2019, 21:08:41 »

Had the same sort of problem with a tenant that moved out.   Left me in exactly the same position,  the only difference being was that they did leave the card.  BG were quite helpful and allowed me to put credit on the card and reconnected straight away.   Seems like the problem is that there is no card.   The outstanding balance is the problem of the tennant, not the landlord.   BG will pursue them, not the landlord.  I did have to make several calls to BG as there were a few problems with the meter gobbling all the credit initially and found the attitude varied from operator to operator, maybe your friend just got an operator who was having an off day.  Personally  I would ring again and ask why they cannot reissue a new card, they may get a more helpful operator.  Good luck.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 17:48:08 »

Persistence has paid off common sense has prevailed. Meter being changed on Thursday afternoon, apparently.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 11:13:38 »

Persistence has paid off common sense has prevailed. Meter being changed on Thursday afternoon, apparently.
Exactly as I said,  obviously got a better operator this time,   they are as different as chalk and cheese,  gotta keep trying until you get one on your wave length.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: