Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Yeovil pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 29715 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #255 on: Monday, April 8, 2019, 12:24:35 »

I wonder when the team news was announced to the players ? Thursday perhaps and Vigs finds out he's on the bench....
I would think that is exactly how it panned out. And going by Wellens comments on Saturday pre game Vigs has been extremely unprofessional about things, hinting toward sulking.

Vigs is decent but nowhere near as good as he thinks he is, or has been told he is by people close to him.

Something is not right for him to have pissed off Cooper, Flipflop and now Wellens, also Steve Hale never seems overly complimentary to him saying that almost all his saves are "pretty routine" for any half decent keeper to be able to save.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #256 on: Monday, April 8, 2019, 12:27:21 »

There's plenty of good young keepers in the set ups of PL and championship clubs for us not to worry about LV. Get rid, use the budget somewhere else and bring in a loanee to compete with LM next season.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Monday, April 8, 2019, 13:16:30 »

Although the TEF is mostly about bollocks, there is space for a bit of football debate, and this one has been about how well Wellens is doing, perhaps might do in the future.

Join in the debate.... it's fun.

I totally agree Reg but when the "debate" is largely and continually lopsided or errs to that side repeatedly. It does get a little tiring. Thus a "debate" doesn't really benefit anyone with that outcome. Even the person wanting the last word doesn't, because ironically the "last word" always needs a previous response. I agree debates are fun...but a little compromise thrown in makes for an even more fun debate too  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Monday, April 8, 2019, 13:29:57 »

There's plenty of good young keepers in the set ups of PL and championship clubs for us not to worry about LV. Get rid, use the budget somewhere else and bring in a loanee to compete with LM next season.

It sounds easy, but our keeper situation past Vigs for the past couple of seasons shows you can find right idiots at this level.  McCormick is more than capable of being a first pick keeper at this level, as his performances and number of clean sheets show for us this season.  It's for that reason I'd let Vigs go if he insists on being a prima dona
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Monday, April 8, 2019, 14:31:47 »

To my mind Vigs has the edge over McCormick, nothing specific but just get the impression he is a little bit sharper in reactions but by being an ass he is never going to be a managers favourite.

Thinking back over the games I have seen this season so far (all at home) I cannot recall any opposing 'keeper that has stood out so that might be a pointer to those at this level but it might also be due to our non-finishing abilities.  Hmmm

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Monday, April 8, 2019, 14:46:01 »

Thinking back over the games I have seen this season so far (all at home) I cannot recall any opposing 'keeper that has stood out so that might be a pointer to those at this level but it might also be due to our non-finishing abilities.  Hmmm

The only one that stands out for me is "Stupid Sexy Flinders", who we tend to struggle scoring against, the other would be Logan/Lonergan at Mansfield. They are both older/more experienced GKs though, and when you look at the league, 14 of the teams are in negative GD. That says a lot about defences on the whole and subsequently inept attacks too. Even in positive GD there is a cluster of teams (4/5 maybe), including ourselves who only have upto 10+ GD. The top four of course all have great GDs 20+ and above.

Most pro GKs are good shot stoppers and have an acrobatic save in them. To make themselves look a little better. Nothing like an exaggerated save. Many though have poor handling/commanding/footwork/etc at this level. If they were much better they'd be playing a level above or at least would soon to be. The waters muddy when the player thinks they are better than they are. Much like my opinion that Town should be L1 and top ten level but we're not right now.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Monday, April 8, 2019, 17:00:15 »

Yay!

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-reasons-why-swindon-town-could-upset-the-league-two-promotion-party/
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: