Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Yeovil pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 29723 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Sunday, April 7, 2019, 22:27:04 »

For fuck's sake! The Reg show again?

I've managed not to bite at all today. Lovely trolololololololing session by Reg.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, April 8, 2019, 06:26:45 »

The one important bit of comparing Flitcroft to Wellens is the entertainment value. If we’re going to be an above average L2 club for a bit I’d rather watch us now than under Flitcroft.

Plus the fact that Flitcroft is a proven loser at L1 level. Wellens will see us OK, I’m sure.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Monday, April 8, 2019, 06:50:43 »

the football has been better to watch. no doubt.

Flitcroft is currently second. I'd take that over better football. That's not to say I think we'd be second under Flitcroft.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, April 8, 2019, 08:23:36 »

Yep, dont think we’ll be seeing him in the team again. To be honest if he doesnt want to be here, dont play him, keep with McCormick and carry on preparing for next season

I know its potentially only a storm in a tea cup this time but this is the second manager he has pissed off and after his act of paying a fines in one and two pences he doesn't seem to have learnt his lesson.

Its a shame as I think he's a good keeper, his handling is generally impeccable and he isn't a bad shot stopper and has the ability to distribute the ball accurately. His lack of discipline is going to hold him back in his career. I have a feeling he may leave England after his contract at Swindon expires.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, April 8, 2019, 09:09:15 »

I've managed not to bite at all today. Lovely trolololololololing session by Reg.

Although the TEF is mostly about bollocks, there is space for a bit of football debate, and this one has been about how well Wellens is doing, perhaps might do in the future.

Admittedly it's a bit medieval, like how many angels can you fit on a pin head?  Seemingly searching for a definition of good v OK.  Wellens has now got 3 difficult looking away games, which will go a long way towards the final season ending report.

Join in the debate.... it's fun.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #245 on: Monday, April 8, 2019, 09:11:23 »

I know its potentially only a storm in a tea cup this time but this is the second manager he has pissed off and after his act of paying a fines in one and two pences he doesn't seem to have learnt his lesson.

Its a shame as I think he's a good keeper, his handling is generally impeccable and he isn't a bad shot stopper and has the ability to distribute the ball accurately. His lack of discipline is going to hold him back in his career. I have a feeling he may leave England after his contract at Swindon expires.
Absolutely, hes a decent keeper nothing more nothing less. Hes not a patch on Fodders, is not as good a keeper as McCormick but his head has been turned by his agent who rates him far higher than his actual ability.

Hes ok, yes hes way way better than the 2 clowns we had last season in goal but then so would 99% of all Swindon keepers in the past be.

I wouldn't even say Vigs is in my top 10 Swindon keepers in the last 40 years.

A bit more on his discipline problem here.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/17557442.boss-richie-wellens-says-goalkeeper-lawrence-vigouroux-must-follow-his-law-at-swindon-town/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #246 on: Monday, April 8, 2019, 09:27:55 »

He's a decent lower league GK with a massive chip on his shoulder. It's no coincidence he's managed to piss off 3 managers with his attitude.

The only thing stopping him having a good career is himself. He'll get his move, and sit on the bench for a L1/bottom half champ team next season.

McCormick is not the solution next season though - would fully expect us to loan in a new number one from a Championship academy - Norwich's Aston Oxborough my tip.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #247 on: Monday, April 8, 2019, 09:58:40 »

The only thing stopping him having a good career is himself. He'll get his move, and sit on the bench for a L1/bottom half champ team next season.
Him or his agent, definately.

I agree with BO I think he won't get a club in England but could get on in the Scots Prem or abroad somewhere, I think his attitude will precede him and prevent him getting a club in England, all managers speak to each other, especially when asking about signing a player.

Attitude accounts for a lot, no manager wants a disruptive influence in the dressing room, otherwise Nile Ranger would still be employed.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Monday, April 8, 2019, 10:33:27 »

Him or his agent, definately.

I agree with BO I think he won't get a club in England but could get on in the Scots Prem or abroad somewhere, I think his attitude will precede him and prevent him getting a club in England, all managers speak to each other, especially when asking about signing a player.

Attitude accounts for a lot, no manager wants a disruptive influence in the dressing room, otherwise Nile Ranger would still be employed.

There will always be managers who think they are the one to turn around someone with an attitude problem... Vigs isn't in the same class as a Ranger, but a keeper with an attitude problem isn't a great idea, as the bit betwen the ears is probably more important than for an outfield player.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, April 8, 2019, 10:53:08 »

He’s not as good as he thinks he is either

Things get better but they never get good
Peter Venkman

« Reply #250 on: Monday, April 8, 2019, 11:00:36 »

There will always be managers who think they are the one to turn around someone with an attitude problem... Vigs isn't in the same class as a Ranger, but a keeper with an attitude problem isn't a great idea, as the bit betwen the ears is probably more important than for an outfield player.
Absolutely, Vigs at times seems to throw his own spanner into his own works, with no provocation at all from outside influences.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Monday, April 8, 2019, 11:41:19 »

The thing people seem to be brushing over in the Wellens vs Flitcroft debate is that Flitcroft had the luxury of a larger budget to build (pretty much) a complete new squad of his players, not to mention a summer transfer window and a full preseason.

Wellens has had 2/3's of a season, most of which has been with another man's players (a squad which he publicly said was unbalanced, poor and demotivated - Flitcroft and Brown are to blame for this) to try to turn around. Yes, with a few worthy additions in January, but still having to include players that he either doesn't fancy or are evidently over the hill.

When you take that into account, he has done a great job to get us to the higher end of the division, playing decent football (at times) and talking a lot of sense along the way.  The only comparison to Flitcroft is the points tally, which Reg is throwing all his weight behind, but ask Flitcroft to deliver the same type of reaction with a similar scenario that Wellens has had to work with and I very much doubt the same type of result would have been achieved.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Monday, April 8, 2019, 11:47:26 »

Vigs has improved a bit in control of the area, but gone backwards in pretty much every other respect.  I'd let him go.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Monday, April 8, 2019, 12:05:51 »

I don’t get the Vigs negativity. He’s a great keeper - especially at this level.

Saying that, I have absolutely no problem with Luke McC playing. We’re lucky to have 2 such good keepers at the club.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Monday, April 8, 2019, 12:14:12 »

Yep, dont think we’ll be seeing him in the team again. To be honest if he doesnt want to be here, dont play him, keep with McCormick and carry on preparing for next season

I wonder when the team news was announced to the players ? Thursday perhaps and Vigs finds out he's on the bench....
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: