Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Yeovil pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 29713 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 10:00:53 »

As for the match. too many imponderables.

Oddly, I disagree, think this one is pretty simple.... see BD's post.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 10:05:55 »

Oddly, I disagree

Smiley
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 10:13:45 »

How is it 'suspiciously' long?

Suspicious to me because they have had clashes between them in the past (Wellens & Doughty), because he hasn't been in the squad since the 12th of December and i can't recall any information coming out of the club about what his injury is and a time frame for a return (apologies if missed)

He has only played in 24 league games this season out of a possible 39.
Out of those 24 we have W11 D8 L5 average 1.7 ppg
In the 15 games he has missed we have W4 D4 L7  1.06ppg

A season with doughty playing every match we could be 5 points off automatic instead of the same out the playoffs.

he's a very important player for us
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 10:17:41 »

How is it 'suspiciously' long?

No business meeting lasts that long!  Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 10:49:38 »

Quote from: Leggett
To go or not to go, that is the question...

how many games have you been to this season? how many have we won?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 10:53:07 »

Suspicious to me because they have had clashes between them in the past (Wellens & Doughty), because he hasn't been in the squad since the 12th of December and i can't recall any information coming out of the club about what his injury is and a time frame for a return (apologies if missed)

He has only played in 24 league games this season out of a possible 39.
Out of those 24 we have W11 D8 L5 average 1.7 ppg
In the 15 games he has missed we have W4 D4 L7  1.06ppg

A season with doughty playing every match we could be 5 points off automatic instead of the same out the playoffs.

he's a very important player for us

Michael doughty has played 11 games for STFC since 12th December, scoring 4 goals in that time

I assume you mean the 12th February. Which would be a period of 7 games, in which we’ve scored three goals at least three times (43%). In the preceeding 31 games we scored at least 3 goals on five occasions (16%) - one of which (v Yeovil) doughty didn’t play

I’m sure it’s not a statistically significant stat, but would suggest we’ve not exactly suffered without doughty in recent months

Things get better but they never get good
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 11:11:08 »

Them business meetings must have finished Wink
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 11:14:39 »

Michael doughty has played 11 games for STFC since 12th December, scoring 4 goals in that time

I assume you mean the 12th February. Which would be a period of 7 games, in which we’ve scored three goals at least three times (43%). In the preceeding 31 games we scored at least 3 goals on five occasions (16%) - one of which (v Yeovil) doughty didn’t play

I’m sure it’s not a statistically significant stat, but would suggest we’ve not exactly suffered without doughty in recent months

yes sorry 12th Feb not December. everything else should be correct. agree, recently we have done well without him. but yo8 can still see that overall we get more points with him.
REDBUCK

« Reply #23 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 11:18:35 »

Seems to me we have played more as a team over the last few games rather than expect one man to create and score. If he returns they he must fit in to the team, rather than take the load and then lose his shit like he's done before.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 11:48:10 »

For me, when he’s fit he’s a must starter.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 12:10:57 »

how many games have you been to this season? how many have we won?

With me it's.....

P2, D1, L1, F0 A4.
I was considering this.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #26 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 15:09:27 »

Yeovil are the shittest side in the league at the moment with the worst current record, they sit in 22nd place in the table equal points with Notts County in 23rd place on 36 points.

They are in the middle of a takeover and have no manager and have lost 5 games in a row and lost 11 of their last 13 games.

Yokels have not won away from home since 12th January a run of 7 straight away defeats.

But, We have only beaten them 2 times in the last 7 games at the CG.

Even when they are doing well they don't bring many fans, rarely much over 400.

Has got banana skin written all over it. I would like some bragging rights if you could please see to it Swindon.

Swindon 3-0 Yeovil with Anderson, Robinson and Woolf scoring in front of 6,051 with 215 yokels there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 16:06:56 »

yes sorry 12th Feb not December. everything else should be correct. agree, recently we have done well without him. but yo8 can still see that overall we get more points with him.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/17459083.swindon-town-midfielder-michael-doughty-could-be-missing-for-up-to-a-month-following-hamstring-injury/
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 22:29:51 »

Can all of us just place a bet on a Yeovil win to force a case of reverse psychology?!

I know it has no fucking bearing on what the team actually do but if the National team can have Eileen Drewery, "Kiss Beckham's Metatarsal", "Rub Goldenball's Sack", and "Sniff Rooney's Toe" then surely the Town can have "Stroke Doughty's Thigh", can't we?  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, April 6, 2019, 00:09:57 »

Can all of us just place a bet on a Yeovil win to force a case of reverse psychology?!

I know it has no fucking bearing on what the team actually do but if the National team can have Eileen Drewery, "Kiss Beckham's Metatarsal", "Rub Goldenball's Sack", and "Sniff Rooney's Toe" then surely the Town can have "Stroke Doughty's Thigh", can't we?  Cheesy

Steve White reckoned that Eileen sorted him out.... injury wise that is... so good enough for me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: