Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Yeovil pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 29733 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 07:37:11 »

Yeovil have lost five on the bounce, but we are at home.

0-0 att: 6,464 (250 yo)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 07:49:32 »

The PO motor is running on high octane fuel and there’s a whooping in the offing.

iFollow for me, obviously, to watch us destroy Yeovil 5-0.

6234, 212 cordwanglers
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 07:54:18 »

Optimism of PO's in the air, at home against a team that have lost 5 on the bounce, so typical Swindon, it will be a 1-0 defeat.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 08:00:31 »

There is nothing more guaranteed in the universe that we will fail to win this game

Things get better but they never get good
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 08:18:53 »

What dave said
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 08:24:40 »

Yeah I have to go with what Dave said as well unfortunately.

Prove us wrong lads!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #6 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 08:29:24 »

This thread has just made me realise it's Friday. I thought it was Thursday. What a marvellous start to the day.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 08:43:04 »

To go or not to go, that is the question...

Panda Paws

« Reply #8 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 08:48:45 »

Just do enough over the next three to make Cambridge away worth attending please!

We'll win tomorrow. 1-0 - Doughty pen.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 09:04:16 »

The PO motor is running on high octane fuel and there’s a whooping in the offing.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 09:04:50 »

Just do enough over the next three to make Cambridge away worth attending please!

We'll win tomorrow. 1-0 - Doughty pen.

Is this based on knowledge? It's a
suspiciously long absense and if he's back it's brilliant news!

As for the match. too many imponderables. The good news is that Yeovil can be backed at 9/2 for the win or 6/5 for win/ draw.

Will happily lose £10 to cover my nationwide ticket on those odds.

The other 2 big fixtures to look at- Cheltenham v Exeter and Crawley v Forest Green. Sadly I feel we have to win tomorrow to stay at the same gap
Panda Paws

« Reply #11 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 09:22:10 »

Is this based on knowledge? It's a

As for the match. too many imponderables. The good news is that Yeovil can be backed at 9/2 for the win or 6/5 for win/ draw.

Will happily lose £10 to cover my nationwide ticket on those odds.

The other 2 big fixtures to look at- Cheltenham v Exeter and Crawley v Forest Green. Sadly I feel we have to win tomorrow to stay at the same gap

Wellens said he's back fit in his presser yesterday. Expect him to come off the bench and then start at Newport.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 09:51:04 »

Wellens said he's back fit in his presser yesterday. Expect him to come off the bench and then start at Newport.

thanks, fantastic news. all aboard the promotion train  dog
Flashheart

« Reply #13 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 09:56:26 »

How is it 'suspiciously' long?
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, April 5, 2019, 09:59:12 »

It's good to be going in to a game with that feeling that it really matters. For a large part of this season the play offs have seemed just too far away to be considered a real possibility. 3 points tomorrow and we become really strong candidates. In my view this is why tomorrows is by some distance our most important game of the season. Lose and we are likely out of it, potentially 7 points adrift with 6 games left including 3 in a row away from home and a deflated team and fan base. Win and if other results go our way, potentially 1 or 2 points off the play offs, an up beat team and fan base, with a strong away following descending on Newport, knowing that a win there could put us in the play offs.

What will happen? At some stage Yeovil will get a result after their run of losses. A draw would be a good result for them, so expect them to set up to hold what they have. An early goal for us will be crucial, otherwise tension will become evident from both fans and players. Very important therefore that if the early goal is not forthcoming that the fans stay with the players, make a lot of positive noise and dont let the "get it forward" brigade become too noticeable. The games you are fully expected to win are quite often the hardest ones to win. For that reason although on paper it should be a comfortable 3-1, I  fear a frustrating 1-1, coming back from a goal conceded from a corner after completely dominating for the first 30 minutes. Really hope that is not the case.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: