Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Yeovil pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 29714 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, April 6, 2019, 09:42:07 »

A classic 'trap game' for us today but I'm hopeful we now have enough about us not to fall into it.

3-0 Woolery, Robinson, Anderson and the table will make interesting reading tonight...

...It's the hope that kills you Roll Eyes
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #31 on: Saturday, April 6, 2019, 10:03:05 »

To add to Yokels problems the experienced left/centre back Carl Dickinson has left the club after being told not to come to training due to a falling out with the backroom staff there. He played in the fixture between the clubs earlier in the season and was a dirty fucker. The yokel fans loved him and consider him a big loss.

All is far from rosey at the crisis club.

Ex gas boss Darryl Clarke is 2nd favourite for the job and is expected to be at the game today, the favourite is the current caretaker Neale Marmon as he is a very very cheap option, no league experience.

Yeovil have decided not to appoint a new manager until their league fate is sorted though so that could well be the end of the season.

Yeovil Town Caretaker Manager Neale Marmon has said that the club will not begin their search for a new first team manager until the club's League status is confirmed. With the Glovers currently occupying a precarious 22nd place position in what is looking increasingly like a three-team battle with Macclesfield Town and Notts County, there are just six matches remaining of the 2018-19 season, and in line with previous briefings from the club, it seems highly likely that Marmon will be in charge of all of them.

The 57 year old plans to move into a permanent role at Huish Park as the club's Sporting Director, once Rob Couhig completes his purchase of the club, and has told BBC Somerset that he will be one of the key people who will select who the club's next first team manager will be. But he has said that the Glovers are not currently searching for a new manager, and will not do so until things are mathematically certain, because of the difference in the level of applicants they will be able to attract:

"I think that in my new position of Sporting Director next year, I'll obviously be in the role of selecting the manager for next year. We haven't even thought about it for the moment. We've got a load of applicants, but we'll worry about that when it comes around. The person that comes to the club will have to be either a League Two gaffer, or for the National League. Hopefully it will be League Two, and we're going for that, and then we'll have a big choice."

Marmon has also restated that the club are still awaiting a response from the Football League concerning the process that all clubs have to go through in the event of a change of Ownership, or the appointment of new Directors. The Fit and Proper Person's Test and Ownership Test will see Couhig and those he intends to co-opt onto a new Board vetted for any past financial or footballing transgressions, as well as allowing the League to inspect the forward looking business plan and funding model, to ensure that the new Owners are capable of fulfilling the club's contractual obligations.

The Caretaker manager said that they were still waiting on things, but also added that he was not in regular contact with Couhig, explaining that the potential owner was keeping a 'hands off' attitude to the football management since expressing an interest in the club:

"That was the situation when he took over, that he didn't want to get involved in the football side of things. Basically he'll be financially supporting the club, and making the new surroundings here. I wouldn't get involved in that side of things anyway, if it was the case that a new owner was telling me what to do. Everything has been handed into the EFL and we're just waiting for the return. That's it."

Neale Marmon Speaks To The BBC As Part Of The Build-Up To The Swindon Town Game

Yeovil Town Caretaker Manager Neale Marmon spoke to BBC Somerset on Wednesday 3rd April, as part of the build-up to the League Two match against Swindon Town.

TS: Neil, just over a week in the job now. Have you settled into things?

NM: Very much so. There wasn't much settling in to be done. I've been in the building since January, so it was quite easy settling in.

TS: I guess football doesn't wait for you to settle in anyway. The games come thick and fast and it's a tough prospect with Swindon away this weekend.

NM: Definitely. Obviously they're pushing for promotion as well, but I hope they under-estimate us.

TS: I was here earlier in the season when Swindon played here, and they were among the best sides I've seen at Huish Park this season. In usual circumstances it would be no shame to go to Swindon and not come away with anything, but times are different now, and Yeovil need the points.

NM: Definitely. We'll try to go there and nick something, but I hope they under-estimate us and we can really go forward and try to hurt them.

TS: Is that the tactic? To go there and be really solid and hope that you can grab something?

NM: We have nothing to lose basically. Obviously we need the points, but because they're in good form at the moment, not many people expect something.

TS: What are Swindon Town's dangers?

NM: Obviously the three strikers are very very quick, and we're very aware of that. But we're looking at ourselves at the moment, and just concentrating on our game getting better - defending better and going forward better.

TS: Yes, one goal in the last five games for Yeovil Town. How do you improve that scoring record?

NM: Well generally in training there's always finishing involved. It's getting confidence up, and getting into areas where you can score goals.

TS: Is that part of the problem for Yeovil Town at the moment? Is it just getting confidence and moral back from the players?

NM: Well I think a lot of people saw in the game last week that we kept the ball well for 60 minutes. After the goal, they got the second one quickly, so that broke morale a little bit. But the boys came back and got the game at 1-2. We were pushing for a second one, but then we got caught on the break. We've got to be aware of that, because Swindon do break very well. So we've got to watch the three quick players and stop them.

TS: You said after the Newport match that you were happy with the majority of the performance. Are you seeing improvements, but in that game and on the training pitch?

NM: Because I've been in Germany for a long time, we do try to keep the ball and that's what I've been doing this week as well. This afternoon, the eleven v eleven game that we always do on a Wednesday afternoon, the other guys that didn't play can offer themselves to try to get back into the team. But I will try to keep the core of the team together.

TS: Have you got some options at the moment, because I know you had to leave some players out last weekend that were fully fit, just because there's that many players available to Yeovil Town at the moment.

NM: At the moment we've only got two injuries which is Alex Pattison and Rhys Browne. So they're all chomping at the bit to come into the team. But as I've just said, I gave the guys last week the chance to show what they can do. Obviously today with the eleven vs eleven, there will be a few guys trying to get into the team, but at the moment I've got my core team in my head.

TS: Are you saying to those guys - the ones who are on the periphery, you've still got six games to go, everything is to play for. You can play your way into this team?

NM: Everyone in the squad makes themselves available at the start of the season anyway. But I thought the last game was quite good for 60 minutes. If we keep building on that, I think we'll get the points we require.

TS: You've made it clear that you're not going to be permanent manager here, as from next season, but you will be at the club in a different role. Are you involved in the selection of who that next manager might be, and is that process starting right now?

NM: I think that in my new position of Sporting Director next year, I'll obviously be in the role of selecting the manager for next year. We haven't even thought about it for the moment. We've got a load of applicants, but we'll worry about that when it comes around.

TS: Do you have to wait then, with the games being the most important thing at the moment? You'll wait until the end of the season and make the decision then?

NM: Yes, because the person that comes to the club will have to be either a League Two gaffer, or for the National League. Hopefully it will be League Two, and we're going for that, and then we'll have a big choice.

TS: Obviously Notts County are below and Macclesfield are below. They've both got home games this weekend. Do you even take a look at what they're doing or is it just about concentrating upon what Yeovil are doing?

NM: I don't even look at them, to be honest. I look at what we're doing in training. We'll get the boys ready for Saturday, and we'll see what happens.

TS: The other thing as well - the new owner coming in - Rob Couhig - is he speaking to you, and telling you what he expects in this last run-in of the season?

NM: No, that was the situation when he took over, that he didn't want to get involved in the football side of things. Basically he'll be financially supporting the club, and making the new surroundings here. I wouldn't get involved in that side of things anyway, if it was the case that a new owner was telling me what to do.

TS: Obviously a lot of fans are wondering what's happening with that. I know you're close to Mark Palmer. Is there any update with the negotiations and how all of that is going?

NM: Everything has been handed into the EFL and we're just waiting for the return. That's it.

TS: So hopefully it shouldn't be too long then?

NM: No, hopefully not, although you don't know with the EFL, do you!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, April 6, 2019, 10:32:55 »

I can't get used to KO being 5pm here. Going to be even stranger Tuesday with a 9.45pm KO.
Sir red ken

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, April 6, 2019, 10:36:13 »

We should lose this game but for some unknown reason I think we'll win 2-0. The clubs above us will also ldrop points and leaving us to ponder a real playofff possibily for another week.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, April 6, 2019, 11:05:40 »

From that interview it sounds like complacency on our part will be one of their main hopes.

Would be very disappointing if that happened. Don't think it will.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, April 6, 2019, 11:16:17 »

Buoyed up by Bury result I'm going.

3-1 win

Last time I was this confident was against Crawley.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, April 6, 2019, 11:41:25 »

From that interview it sounds like complacency on our part will be one of their main hopes.

Would be very disappointing if that happened. Don't think it will.

My thoughts reading between the lines, is they have slow defenders, we have fast forwards. That means 1 or 2 of theirs off for early showers.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #37 on: Saturday, April 6, 2019, 11:59:32 »

My thoughts reading between the lines, is they have slow defenders, we have fast forwards. That means 1 or 2 of theirs off for early showers.
They have had 4 red cards this season, the same number as we have but have had 6 more bookings than us at 69 so far for them.

They have the 2nd worst away form for defeats with 13 of their 20 matches ending in defeat away from Huish Park.  Only Notts County on 14 defeats away from home are worse.

They have won 5 away matches, one of which was at Mansfield in January.

Also they have drawn at Tranmere, won at Carlisle, won 6-0 away at Newport, 4-0 at Notts County and beat Grimsby away but most of those away wins came in the opening weeks of the season, they will be no pushovers.

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, April 6, 2019, 12:12:51 »

2 adult tickets in nationwide going for free. pm me an email address. can no longer go
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, April 6, 2019, 12:39:59 »

W
I can't get used to KO being 5pm here. Going to be even stranger Tuesday with a 9.45pm KO.
Which part of the planet are you on, TAFKAA? 5 pm here too (Kazan, central Russia)
Peter Venkman

« Reply #40 on: Saturday, April 6, 2019, 12:52:11 »

WWhich part of the planet are you on, TAFKAA? 5 pm here too (Kazan, central Russia)
I understand it to be Kefalonia.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #41 on: Saturday, April 6, 2019, 12:59:38 »

Peter Venkman

« Reply #42 on: Saturday, April 6, 2019, 13:00:09 »

Unsurprisingly unchanged, still no Vigs on the bench but Doughty back on the bench.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, April 6, 2019, 13:02:13 »

I think that unless, and until, his contract is sorted, he痴 toast.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #44 on: Saturday, April 6, 2019, 13:04:19 »

I think that unless, and until, his contract is sorted, he痴 toast.
I have a feeling Toums could also leave, losing his place on the bench to Doughty but McCourt keeping his.

I have always thought LMc was the better keeper anyway out of the 2 of them but if Vigs (and his agent) think he will get a better deal then go for it. Apparently Vigs has had a few days training with Spurs goalkeeping coaches this week.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 6, 2019, 13:06:29 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: