Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bury v Swindon pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 31938 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Sunday, March 31, 2019, 01:59:32 »

Unfortunately not,  got beat 4-1 at Lincoln, drew  0-0 at the donkey's, but have won at four of the top six - still not bad.

It's very good.... however offset by only beating 2 of the current bottom half of the table at the CG, we've still got 3 to go.

It's one of those things... teams often can win a game when the pitch is good, weather is good, and they're focused by playing a top side in the league.... but can't grind out that win when things are against. That's Wellens' challenge for next season, graft a bit of win dirty onto what we have.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 31, 2019, 02:02:16 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, March 31, 2019, 08:05:14 »

Unfortunately not,  got beat 4-1 at Lincoln, drew  0-0 at the donkey's, but have won at four of the top six - still not bad.

Yeah of course. I have a feeling I was looking at a table with best home records possibly. Either that or the beer had got to me.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, March 31, 2019, 08:32:33 »

It's very good.... however offset by only beating 2 of the current bottom half of the table at the CG, we've still got 3 to go.

It's one of those things... teams often can win a game when the pitch is good, weather is good, and they're focused by playing a top side in the league.... but can't grind out that win when things are against. That's Wellens' challenge for next season, graft a bit of win dirty onto what we have.

Or put another way. We don't do winnable. Not at home anyway, and it's been like that for a while now.
For that reason the Yeovil game will be more of a challenge than yesterday, certainly in the bit between the ears of the players.

Next Saturday will not be dissimilar to the scenario before the Crawley game. A chance to close the gap with a game against a struggling side. Will be interesting to see if the management and players have learned from the approach taken to that game.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, March 31, 2019, 08:44:43 »

3 of the top 6?
Nope,    won at  MK, Bury,, Tranmere  and FGR.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, March 31, 2019, 09:33:23 »

Nope,    won at  MK, Bury,, Tranmere  and FGR.
Drew at FGR. Beat them at home.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #200 on: Sunday, March 31, 2019, 09:34:23 »

Thanks PV.  Have been out.  Harboured hopes but reading through the thread input has been a fantastic pleasure.  We have put in some really big performances away from home - the team seem to have taken a real step forward under Wellens with so many individual seeming to grow into their potential.  A beautiful club and a beautiful read everyone. Pint
You are most welcome mate.

All fans of all teams in all sports would do well to remember this but seldom do.
A good point well made.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, March 31, 2019, 11:04:32 »

That third goal shows a real maturity to KW, superb unselfish play.

What a fantastic result, fair play.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, March 31, 2019, 13:50:24 »

Hopefully we maintain the recent uptick in home form and take the last game at home as the yardstick for the run in.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Monday, April 1, 2019, 08:48:20 »

I'm with Zorbrey - 3-1 to us
Should have put money on it!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Monday, April 1, 2019, 09:07:45 »

I assume it was a bit lively in the ground, what with it being The Energy Check Stadium Derby, no doubt got a bit tasty on Manchester Road afterwards.....  

BTW the first 30 odd seconds of the 'highlights of sky sum up how woeful this division is.... https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11679734/bury-1-3-swindon
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Monday, April 1, 2019, 09:28:30 »

The more I watch those the more it looks like a pen in that scramble. Woolfenden has his legs taken while about to shoot.
Great result tho and typical town to lose to yeovil's now
Panda Paws

« Reply #206 on: Monday, April 1, 2019, 14:05:36 »

The more I watch those the more it looks like a pen in that scramble. Woolfenden has his legs taken while about to shoot.
Great result tho and typical town to lose to yeovil's now

Yep defo pen in there, maybe two.

The foul on Bennett looks stonewall too.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 11:50:57 »

Woolery in EFL Team of the Week......
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 11:58:07 »

Yep defo pen in there, maybe two.

The foul on Bennett looks stonewall too.

You could argue that the foul on Woolf, was a red card offence, as he's just about to stick the ball in when clattered from behind.... I don't think he did, but by today's rules, even if the defender got the ball it's still a foul as he went through Woolf.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 20:47:12 »

Definitely not the correct thread, but I didn't want to create another one just for this..

Anyone know how much it is to park at the CG on matchdays? Or where is the best place to park these days? I usually park in town but it tends to cost a fair bit and can't be fucked with the walk to and from pre/post match.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: