Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bury v Swindon pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 31940 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Friday, March 29, 2019, 14:37:52 »

Dunno if anyone cares anymore?
0-0
Panda Paws

« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 29, 2019, 15:04:58 »

Dunno if anyone cares anymore?
0-0

We'll get beat. 3-1.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 29, 2019, 15:06:16 »

I'd like to win. It annoys me that clubs who are always financially fucked like Bolton and Bury, still seem to do better than us when they go down, by seemingly carrying on spending money they don't have.

Even more annoying with Bury is their new owner says he's not particularly worried about going up this season, as although occupying our mid table Div 3 perch is the aim, it can wait.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 29, 2019, 15:15:54 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 29, 2019, 16:02:15 »

The home defeat earlier in the season was one of a handful of truly abysmal performances. Can’t believe we’ll be as shite this time round.

We’ve usually done well against the better, footballing teams. This is the sort of game we’ll win to get the PO bandwagon rolling until the inevitable home defeat next week!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 29, 2019, 16:35:54 »

I'm with Zorbrey - 3-1 to us
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 29, 2019, 19:01:59 »

The home defeat earlier in the season was one of a handful of truly abysmal performances. Can’t believe we’ll be as shite this time round.

We’ve usually done well against the better, footballing teams. This is the sort of game we’ll win to get the PO bandwagon rolling until the inevitable home defeat next week!
Tend to agree.

The home performance was a shocker but Bury were quite good opponents to be fair.

Glad to hear you'll be sporting an STFC shirt watching online.  Look forward to hearing about Argostoli Town too - hopefully they don't play in yellow and blue Wink
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 29, 2019, 19:51:39 »

I'd like to win. It annoys me that clubs who are always financially fucked like Bolton and Bury, still seem to do better than us when they go down, by seemingly carrying on spending money they don't have.

Even more annoying with Bury is their new owner says he's not particularly worried about going up this season, as although occupying our mid table Div 3 perch is the aim, it can wait.
So how do you think we will get on then ?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, March 30, 2019, 02:18:34 »

It has to be cash on the gate at Gigg Lane. They can’t process card payments. Also, ATMs are thin on the ground in the area.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, March 30, 2019, 06:55:39 »

My best mate is a Bury fan.

We'll lose.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, March 30, 2019, 08:21:00 »

Can we get something from Gigg Lane? Yes. However, anything other than a loss will be a bonus as far as I’m concerned.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, March 30, 2019, 08:54:51 »

2-0 win to Bury; but i'm hoping Swindon surprise me.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, March 30, 2019, 10:15:17 »

Bury are unbeaten in 14 league games their fans are over confident and probably rightly so, they are 2nd in the table and it should be a home banker. In the home game they beat us 2-1 it could have gone either way and Bury were nothing special at all but we were poor in front of goal and playing poorly under Brown at the time, we had Dunne at RB and a few changes in the side, they looked easily beatable though.

We are a very different kettle of fish now than we were back then.

If we can create chances like we did last week then we could easily beat them, keep Maynard quiet and we will win.

Swindon 3-0 Bury with Anderson, Robinson and Woolf scoring in front of 4,051 with 485 Town fans there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, March 30, 2019, 10:33:23 »

I’m back down the cottage this morning for my drop of Premier League football.

As for the big game, can’t see us getting anything at Bury, reckon we’ll lose 3-1 but more than happy to be proved very wrong!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, March 30, 2019, 11:05:26 »

Pre match can we shake The Shakers in the Art Picture House.
An early day motion is seeing meaningful pint no 1 approved without opposition.

An unexpected victory today with our heroic warriors trudging off the pitch after a bloody offal and tripe soaked encounter.
Bury's cause being hampered by Carroll managing to accidentally poke all of their forwards in the eye during the course of an all action display of random arm waving and pointing.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, March 30, 2019, 12:44:01 »

Pressure's more on them than on us,  hopefully we can relax and play some decent football,  a draw would be a good result,  a win would be even better.  COYR COYR

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: