Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Morecambe pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 19341 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 18:04:04 »

Thought bennet deserved MoTM. Conroy played well, but I think the clean sheet owed more to shitty finishing than good defending

Things get better but they never get good
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 18:59:54 »

First home league game I've missed since 2002 for my mates stag do in Benidorm & we win 4 fucking nil!! Just text the missus to tell the daughter that I love her & that Daddy is moving to Spain!! If that's how we perform when I don't turn up I'm happily staying out here!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 20:00:06 »

First home league game I've missed since 2002 for my mates stag do in Benidorm & we win 4 fucking nil!! Just text the missus to tell the daughter that I love her & that Daddy is moving to Spain!! If that's how we perform when I don't turn up I'm happily staying out here!!
We'll have a whipround for you!
REDBUCK

« Reply #78 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 20:07:27 »

He is a bit more than hit n miss! 2 of his goals were "keeper assisted" but you can't score if you don't shoot...and he can shoot! hes had a good game today.

Not sure he'll get much of a kick next week at Bury but he's got a lucky touch in front goal
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 20:55:05 »

First time i've seen several of the players.

Thought Bennett was deserved MOM, had a great game and caused problems throughout.

Conroy was excellent also and took his goal with great skill and composure for a centre back.

Carroll, got stuck in and ruffled their feathers, but his passing was awful at times.

Anderson. Worked hard but had a disappointing game.

Koiki, had a good game and was a threat going forward.

Woolfenden, assured at the back and confident going forward, played some nice long passes too.

Although, that's only my third game this season, there can't be too many teams worse than Morecambe in this league. They were piss poor, and the only chance I remember them having was from a Danny Rose cock up.

A very easy and thoroughly deserved victory. We put so many balls into the six yard box, had we had a poacher on the pitch we could've had 6-7 goals today.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 21:03:08 »

We'll have a whipround for you!
It's for everybody's benefit!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #81 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 09:10:39 »

I think us having won 4-0 and there are under 6 pages of a matchday thread tell us something, within 12 hours after the last defeat vs Stevenage there were 15 pages.

I do think some fans prefer it when we have lost.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 09:42:26 »

Played some nice football yesterday, albeit Morecambe let us play.

Need to get Knoyle and Conroy signed up for next season as a priority.

There has been some recent debate on Anderson and Woolery.
Keep one, keep both, move them both on.

If Wellens is going to stick with the same formation, then I'd say keep them both.
It's a risk as both will need to try and hit double figures for goals, plus a few more assists from both of them.
I think both have more chance of improving under Wellens than was the case under Flitcroft and Brown.

Woolery puts in a good shift for the team, can finish with both feet and is starting to get more crosses in.
Keshi, on his day, knits it all together and we look to miss him when he doesn't play.
He's fluffed a few easy chances this season so the goal return should be a lot better than it is.

I reckon both can do very well next season.
Wellens tough love approach might suit them in terms of improvement, particularly after a full pre season.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #83 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 10:06:37 »

This season has a similar feeling to the 84-85 season when Macari came to the club, we finished that season in 8th place with 21 wins and 72 points (pre play offs).

We had a couple of bad defeats, a 4-0 at Northampton, a 4-0 at Wxm and a 6-2 at Scunthorpe but after Lou was reinstated after his dismissal in March we had a good run with just 2 defeats and 6 wins in 10 matches. A results sequence quite similar to under Wellens.

Crowds were down there was a feeling of something good happening to the club as a whole. We had a few decent players but Macari was allowed to bring in 7 of his own players for the next season to play his own style of football.

The following season was a great season accumulating 102 points and easily winning the title and gaining promotion with 8 games left to play.

I do think that under Wellens there is a similar feeling about the club and a lot of the fanbase too.

I think that most of our fans can see there are green shoots of recovery on the pitch and the buying of the ground will give a feel good factor off the pitch too.

Fingers crossed we can finish this season strongly and build on that for next season, I am for the first time since PdC cautiously optimistic about things on and off the pitch at Swindon.

Now to get that consistancy on the pitch!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #84 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 10:26:48 »

I think us having won 4-0 and there are under 6 pages of a matchday thread tell us something, within 12 hours after the last defeat vs Stevenage there were 15 pages.

There are certain notable absences on here as usual.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 11:09:52 »

This season has a similar feeling to the 84-85 season when Macari came to the club, we finished that season in 8th place with 21 wins and 72 points (pre play offs).

I see where you're coming from... but.... Lou was able to make the necessary improvements for the following year by spending money we didn't have, on players like Colin Calderwood, who became an STFC great. Wellens, rightly, won't be able to do that.

Haven't really looked at the likely composition of Div 4 for next season yet, as both the Conference and Div 3 situations are complex, butrecent years have shown us there will be a few up or down who will spend more than us.  That's assuming Brexit doesn't produce some sort of recession.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 11:16:16 »

I actually feel less inclined to post after we've lost - I just want to forget about it, I don't even bother watching the goals on the EFL show on Quest. Realistically the season is over but I get the Macari 84-85 season comparison and I think Wellens has at least given us reason to be optimistic for next season - That's all you can ask for as a lower league fan - light at the end of the tunnel - hopefully that light's not a train heading straight for us...  Cool
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 11:43:18 »

Realistically the season is over

We know there are those who have taken that line for fortnight or so..... as they take the view that any hope of going up has gone and that's what they're interested in... it's reflected in the gate.

That's not a surprise, it's always been that way.  Similarly the more obsessive fan, will still get off on any game as an event, with targets, both short term and by season's end.

For the properly obsessed, the close season is a time of dread.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 11:49:04 »

We know there are those who have taken that line for fortnight or so..... as they take the view that any hope of going up has gone and that's what they're interested in... it's reflected in the gate.

That's not a surprise, it's always been that way.  Similarly the more obsessive fan, will still get off on any game as an event, with targets, both short term and by season's end.

For the properly obsessed, the close season is a time of dread.
I think that depends on the individual Reg  Grin ...I don't see why being obsessed and optimistic are mutually exclusive  Wink
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 12:19:20 »

There are certain notable absences on here as usual.
Red Ken must have gone on the pro-brexit march
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: