Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Morecambe pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 19174 times)
Sir red ken

« Reply #90 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 14:06:34 »

Red Ken must have gone on the pro-brexit march
No I've been in Hospital for the last week, lucky for me I was in Southampton when I was taken sick.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #91 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 14:10:41 »

No I've been in Hospital for the last week, lucky for me I was in Southampton when I was taken sick.
At least we've got an extra £350m a week to help you. I hope you are ok.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 15:08:15 »

First time i've seen several of the players.
Although, that's only my third game this season, there can't be too many teams worse than Morecambe in this league. They were piss poor, and the only chance I remember them having was from a Danny Rose cock up.

Morecambe's away record and recent form isn't too bad.... Bentley does a remarkable job keeping them in Div 4.

Most teams in Div 4 are fairly similar... our problem as it has been for a while is being able to beat some of the average outfits at the CG.  With 3 sides to play and 14 teams below us... Shrimps were only the 4th of the other 11 we've beaten at the CG.   If we are to get up the table then that has to change next season, and there is just a hint that Wellens might be starting to do something about that... so we haven't conceded in the last 4, perhaps not yet quite convincing but just a little hint of something better, and we're very much into feeding off crumbs these days.
Sir red ken

« Reply #93 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 15:11:58 »

At least we've got an extra £350m a week to help you. I hope you are ok.
We haven't got an extra £350 as we're still paying, Thanks for asking I'm OK.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 17:35:15 »

I think us having won 4-0 and there are under 6 pages of a matchday thread tell us something, within 12 hours after the last defeat vs Stevenage there were 15 pages.

I do think some fans prefer it when we have lost.
tbf, I think there's plenty of times when after a win, folks just feel good and don't feel the need to go "Yaaay, we won". But after we lose, people are pissed off and want to vent. That's just natural human behaviour, don't think it's unique to Town fans
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 18:19:38 »

yesterday was good. and we did nearly everything right.

it's not very exciting as posts go.

I'm better at moaning. Woolery was lively yesterday but for god's sake learn to cross man. Aaaah, that's better.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 20:32:59 »

Woolery had a great game, surprisingly showing how good he can be in the air too. Seemed to win more headers in that game than most of the season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 20:43:38 »

yeah that's a good point, he did put some good headers in too
Flashheart

« Reply #98 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 20:48:24 »

If only he and Anderson were more consistent, they'd be playing at a higher level by now.

Maybe a pre-season with the right manager will snap it into them. Maybe that manager will be Wellens. Or maybe not.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 21:09:23 »

Woolery's injuries early season can't have helped.

Getting more goals out of them may be a big ask. It's really tricky to know what to do with them going forward into next season. Who'd be a manager.
Flashheart

« Reply #100 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 21:16:15 »

They're not strikers. They're not midfielders. They're not wingers. What are they?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 21:44:41 »

Woolery's injuries early season can't have helped.

Getting more goals out of them may be a big ask. It's really tricky to know what to do with them going forward into next season. Who'd be a manager.

I think we have to go with both next season... they're at the sort of stage career wise, that if the penny is to drop it should be now. They'll both be out of contract in 2020, so will need to impress to carry on in league football, which might concentrate minds.

We are just starting to get a few more goals spread out around the squad, like Conroy yesterday... Wellens was lamenting about lack of goals from corners, suggesting not a lot can be done.... I'd say more work.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 21:58:44 »

Quote from: Flashheart
They're not strikers. They're not midfielders. They're not wingers. What are they?

enigmas
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 22:59:44 »

enigmas
If they were Bristol City players, they'd be enigmals.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, March 25, 2019, 06:59:05 »

1 goal in 40 home games now for Keshi. But he’s quite a good forward. Astonishing really.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: