Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Port Vale pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 17683 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 17:45:12 »

Our play off hopes evaporated when Doughty got injured. We create so little without him in the side.

TBF, there hasn't been a time this season when we've seriously looked like challenging, a little flirtation with something unpleasant under late Brown, which Wellens put right with 3 on the bounce, and we've been pretty steady mid table since.

Wellens has done OK, made some modest improvement.... but still a lot to play for this season, in our lowest ever finish season in 83/64 we were a place below the current 13th and 3 points worse off after 37 games. Wellens needs to make sure we finish better than that, otherwise much of his credit will evaporate.
Flashheart

« Reply #136 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 18:09:48 »

Everything's great and we're going to do the double

(I may have been off my tits on E for the last couple of days)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 18:25:45 »

fuck am all. you have to look at these performances and say do you want promotion? Had hospitality today and had to bite me tongue in front of Anderson during the mom award. get back in that changing room and ask everyone what you at playing for and do you give a fuck.

fed up of seeing such shit home performances. I'm turning on Wellens soon as when he came in he said about his playing style and I see absolutely nothing. and when your looking at absolutely nothing I look to the manager to see if he can provide inspiration from the bench.

fuck all. no attempt to change formatuin/style of play etc. play offs were just about in reach. no they aren't. after yet another shut display.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 18:43:16 »

fuck am all. you have to look at these performances and say do you want promotion?

For a lot of them, they won't be here next season due to loan or being out of contract, so it's highly likely they're not over fussed.... further there's been nothing from the close season up until now to suggest the club has been properly serious about going up.

That is the challenge for Wellens next season, to create the sort of feel that we're serious... sadly the most common way for that to happen is spending some money, and given that Power reckons it's cost him 6 mill to get us to 13th in Div 4, it's hard to see that route happening.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 19:00:00 »

For a lot of them, they won't be here next season due to loan or being out of contract, so it's highly likely they're not over fussed.... further there's been nothing from the close season up until now to suggest the club has been properly serious about going up.

That is the challenge for Wellens next season, to create the sort of feel that we're serious... sadly the most common way for that to happen is spending some money, and given that Power reckons it's cost him 6 mill to get us to 13th in Div 4, it's hard to see that route happening.

what I can't understand is the lack of motivation. a promotion on a cv counts for a lot. doesn't it? personal pride? ambition? start showing it!! after seeing so much league 2 football I just don't understand
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 19:03:36 »

Havent read back...

What a load of dogshit...

The dreamers can stop...

Shit gate too and i dont see many turning up for next week... turgid.

Clems Army!
Sir red ken

« Reply #141 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 19:28:12 »

More free's and loans in the summer will keep us where we are, whilst that debt grows. We are right and royally fucked under our current ownership. We have a team to support but when LP wants his money STFC are finished and he will want his money.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 19:39:32 »

More free's and loans in the summer will keep us where we are, whilst that debt grows. We are right and royally fucked under our current ownership. We have a team to support but when LP wants his money STFC are finished and he will want his money.

Well it looks as if we're stuck with Power, and as the could be worse thread shows, he might not be the best, but there are worse out there.

Also Div 4 is generally an even league so it is possible to get out of it, using frees loans etc, if you've got astute management.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 19:51:52 »

fuck am all. you have to look at these performances and say do you want promotion? Had hospitality today and had to bite me tongue in front of Anderson during the mom award. get back in that changing room and ask everyone what you at playing for and do you give a fuck.

fed up of seeing such shit home performances. I'm turning on Wellens soon as when he came in he said about his playing style and I see absolutely nothing. and when your looking at absolutely nothing I look to the manager to see if he can provide inspiration from the bench.

fuck all. no attempt to change formatuin/style of play etc. play offs were just about in reach. no they aren't. after yet another shut display.

At least you got a lot of free booze by the look of it!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 20:33:22 »

At least you got a lot of free booze by the look of it!

Kind of thought that myself.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 20:40:15 »

Havent read back...

What a load of dogshit...

The dreamers can stop...

Shit gate too and i dont see many turning up for next week... turgid.

I might go to the last game against Notts County Wink
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 20:42:01 »

Today was tedious. I still don’t think Wellens quite knows what to do with the personnel at his disposal.

That said, what was all the last minute substitutions about?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 21:01:12 »

Today was tedious. I still don’t think Wellens quite knows what to do with the personnel at his disposal.

That said, what was all the last minute substitutions about?

Match appearance bonus?
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 21:11:42 »

13th in league two is as Wellens said about where we are right now.

Regarding Power if we finish any lower than 9th this season it will mean that for 4 seasons in a row our league position has deteriorated year on year. So much for his 5 year plan
adje

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 21:42:51 »

Just got back.As someone who saw the Stevenage debacle I thought the changes were right and proper and although the performance was poor it was a marked improvement from Tuesday.Rose and Carroll were miles better as a midfield pairing than Toums and Dunne and Woolfe went from a shaky full back into an assured centre half alongside Conroy.However our problem as I see it is a complete failure of our attacking players to make the right choices.Bennett from what I've seen just floats around like an empty crisp packet on a windy day with little or no effect.Woolers and Anderson have some pace and skill but show very little sign of possessing a football brain.Something that annoyed me was our unwillingness to attack what were I thought several decent Rose corners.Keeper under no pressure under his own crossbar and defenders having free headers.If anyone had attacked the ball like Revell did the other night we might have got something.Oh and the MOM award is a farce,Not just today but always seemingly picked by a bunch of pissed up mainly non football types

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: