Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Port Vale pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 17678 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 11:15:39 »

Port Fail currently sit in 21st place int he table 8 places below Town but have won their last 2 games at home vs Mansfield (2-1) and the poor Yeovil (3-0).

Their current form is DDLLDLDLDLLLLDWW with just one of those wins coming in an away game vs Crawley in January.

In total away games they have won 4 times drawn 7 and lost 7 times, Scoring 11 conceding 14.

In the away game it was Wellens first win (his 2nd game in charge) a goal from Bayo deciding the game a game we totally dominated but couldnt hit the net (sound familiar?) Vale fans helping the Town by getting on their players backs as soon as we scored (in the 11th minute) we controlled the game that day and McCourt went off with a dislocated shoulder. The game being probably the longest I have ever witnessed.

PV have only beaten us 2 times in the last 14 meetings home and away.

At the CG Vale have only won once in the last 9 meetings with Swindon winning 7 of them scoring 25 times and conceding just 8 times in those games, which include a 5-2, 5-0 andd a 6-0 win. Vales last win at the CG came 8 games ago in 2005.

If you go back a bit further PV have only won at Swindon 6 times since 1960, 6 games finishing level and Town winning 20 times, giving Town a win rate of over 62% since 1960.

Their leading scorer is big old lump Tom Pope on 9 goals.

They have ex Town short term loanee Cristian Montaño on their books, signed after the allegations against him for match fixing and rape were dropped, was always quick but not exactly the most skilfull player despite hime being with West Ham at the time, PdC sending him back for his lack of comittment for STFC he only played 209 mins scoring his only goal on his debut at Accrington Stanley.

Jak McCourt, Marc Richards, Chris Robertson and Theo Robinson have all spent time playing for Vale.

2-1 defeat with Anderson scoring©  in front of 6,506 with 175 Valers there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 11:28:05 »

Big occasion.

We’ll lose.

That should be put on our club crest in Latin.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 11:38:30 »

That should be put on our club crest in Latin.

Magnum perdere nos occassion.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 11:40:56 »

Magnum perdere nos occassion.

That flows seamlessly!! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 11:42:26 »

Port Fail currently sit in 21st place int he table 8 places below Town but have won their last 2 games at home vs Mansfield (2-1) and the poor Yeovil (3-0).

Their current form is DDLLDLDLDLLLLDWW with just one of those wins coming in an away game vs Crawley in January.

In total away games they have won 4 times drawn 7 and lost 7 times, Scoring 11 conceding 14.

In the away game it was Wellens first win (his 2nd game in charge) a goal from Bayo deciding the game a game we totally dominated but couldnt hit the net (sound familiar?) Vale fans helping the Town by getting on their players backs as soon as we scored (in the 11th minute) we controlled the game that day and McCourt went off with a dislocated shoulder. The game being probably the longest I have ever witnessed.

PV have only beaten us 2 times in the last 14 meetings home and away.

At the CG Vale have only won once in the last 9 meetings with Swindon winning 7 of them scoring 25 times and conceding just 8 times in those games, which include a 5-2, 5-0 andd a 6-0 win. Vales last win at the CG came 8 games ago in 2005.

If you go back a bit further PV have only won at Swindon 6 times since 1960, 6 games finishing level and Town winning 20 times, giving Town a win rate of over 62% since 1960.

Their leading scorer is big old lump Tom Pope on 9 goals.

They have ex Town short term loanee Cristian Montaño on their books, signed after the allegations against him for match fixing and rape were dropped, was always quick but not exactly the most skilfull player despite hime being with West Ham at the time, PdC sending him back for his lack of comittment for STFC he only played 209 mins scoring his only goal on his debut at Accrington Stanley.

Jak McCourt, Marc Richards, Chris Robertson and Theo Robinson have all spent time playing for Vale.

2-1 defeat with Anderson scoring©  in front of 6,506 with 175 Valers there.

Is that right? Only 25 goals in their 18 away games to date? If that's so I'll revise my 1-1 to 5-5
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 11:54:20 »

We've just passed the 18th anniversery of our last game at the manor ground, that fantastic double turbo 2-0 win. Whoever was responsible for the Oxford programme at that time mispelt Port Vale as "Pot Vale".

A harbringer of portents and omens.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 12:29:42 »

Is that right? Only 25 goals in their 18 away games to date? If that's so I'll revise my 1-1 to 5-5
Yes easily the lowest total goals for and against in away games.

P18 W4 D7 L7 F11 A14 GD-3 Pts19

They are the 2nd lowest scorers in the division too with just 32 goals in total, 1 goal behind Crawley who are the lowest scorers, and they have conceded 3 less than us over all.

That flows seamlessly!! Smiley
it does doesn't it!

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 12:38:26 »

3-1 Swindon with Smart and Rogers x2 scoring

I come from a land down-under
Peter Venkman

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 12:53:09 »

3-1 Swindon with Smart and Rogers x2 scoring
I am pretty sure Rogers is out with a hip injury Smiley

Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 13:19:22 »

Thanks for the stats.

Am I being thick?  DDLLDLDLDLLLLDWW  and they've won last two at home and one away at Crawley in that sequence despite there only being two Ws ?

1-1
Peter Venkman

« Reply #25 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 13:23:08 »

Thanks for the stats.

Am I being thick?  DDLLDLDLDLLLLDWW  and they've won last two at home and one away at Crawley in that sequence despite there only being two Ws ?

1-1

Oops Yes I put a D in instead of a W sorry Smiley

DDLLDLWLDLLLLDWW thanks for spotting my mistake.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 13:59:53 »

Broadbent benched!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 14:00:05 »

Peter Venkman

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 14:00:59 »

Broadbean must be carrying an injury.

bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 14:30:59 »

Very attacking line up!

Sent from my Mi A1
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: