Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stevenage v STFC officially early thread.  (Read 30901 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2019, 21:21:16 »

I cling to the fact that there are some equally crap teams between us and the play offs

It's slightly odd that we've won 5 games in the last 15, and 4 of them were against the sides currently in the PO's t'other v Macc.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Thursday, March 14, 2019, 10:08:35 »

Looked shit in the warm up tho!😁

I got hit by a stray ball on the shoulder at half time when I wasn't looking. Had I been looking I would have headed it back into play.

Canice Carroll couldn't have been quicker to apologise to me which was decent of him.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Thursday, March 14, 2019, 10:12:42 »

I got hit by a stray ball on the shoulder at half time when I wasn't looking. Had I been looking I would have headed it back into play.

Canice Carroll couldn't have been quicker to apologise to me which was decent of him.

You ain't no Donkey.
Flashheart

« Reply #243 on: Thursday, March 14, 2019, 10:20:46 »

Vigs is a good keeper, but I get the feeling that he could derail things if/when they are going well.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Thursday, March 14, 2019, 11:24:11 »

There was a prolonged period in the warm up on Saturday when we failed to hit the target, which didn't bode well for the game itself!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Thursday, March 14, 2019, 11:37:42 »

There was a prolonged period in the warm up on Saturday when we failed to hit the target, which didn't bode well for the game itself!

Twas ever thus...;. one of the early lessons learned as Town Ender was don't stand about 10 yards either side of the goal during the old style pre match kick in, especially armed with a hot Bovril or similar.

These days you have to be a bit more aware... more players coaching staff etc means more balls flying about.  The solution is to try and turn up about 30 secs before KO... at the CG this has the advantage of missing Rockin Robin and UB 40
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Thursday, March 14, 2019, 13:03:16 »

Just got me thinking about the Town End. I stood there on my first game in 1968 and apart from the plastic seats it hasn’t changed a jot since. There can’t be many stands in the FL that have a stood unchanged for as long as the Town End.

No doubt somebody will know of some!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Thursday, March 14, 2019, 13:47:07 »

Twas ever thus...;. one of the early lessons learned as Town Ender was don't stand about 10 yards either side of the goal during the old style pre match kick in, especially armed with a hot Bovril or similar.

These days you have to be a bit more aware... more players coaching staff etc means more balls flying about.  The solution is to try and turn up about 30 secs before KO... at the CG this has the advantage of missing Rockin Robin and UB 40

Yes, we try and take this stance as well. But 30 seconds is always an ask so we are more like <10 minutes.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Thursday, March 14, 2019, 15:41:24 »

Just got me thinking about the Town End. I stood there on my first game in 1968 and apart from the plastic seats it hasn’t changed a jot since. There can’t be many stands in the FL that have a stood unchanged for as long as the Town End.

No doubt somebody will know of some!

My first thoughts were for Fratton Park. I used to live in Pompey in the 70's and used to go fairly regularly, and aside from the Milton End, which had a roof stuck on it, and the Fratton End being rebuilt, not too much change apart from cosmetic stuff.

Apparently the South Stand is little changed since the 1920's.... always liked te mock Tudor entrance...

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Thursday, March 14, 2019, 16:39:27 »

My first thoughts were for Fratton Park. I used to live in Pompey in the 70's and used to go fairly regularly, and aside from the Milton End, which had a roof stuck on it, and the Fratton End being rebuilt, not too much change apart from cosmetic stuff.

Apparently the South Stand is little changed since the 1920's.... always liked te mock Tudor entrance...

If I remember correctly,  isn't it were if you stood on the side you were below pitch level ?, pretty sure I remember going there as a kid and going home with a stiff neck after looking upwards for 90 minutes !.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Thursday, March 14, 2019, 16:43:21 »

If I remember correctly,  isn't it were if you stood on the side you were below pitch level ?, pretty sure I remember going there as a kid and going home with a stiff neck after looking upwards for 90 minutes !.

TBH, I don't know.  Could well be the case but never something I noticed.  The old London Road at the Manor was like that, not a particularly pleasant place.... natives restless.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Thursday, March 14, 2019, 17:29:29 »

Watched the Town win twice in the London Road!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Thursday, March 14, 2019, 17:55:06 »

You ain't no Donkey.
:-)

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Thursday, March 14, 2019, 18:35:24 »

The car park beyond the TE has never been especially safe.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: