Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stevenage v STFC officially early thread.  (Read 30883 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2019, 22:02:09 »

So things left for the season... obviously trying to better 83/84, which is our lowest ever FL placing... currently 2 points better off, and we faded that season, so should be doable.  Wellens needs to ensure that we don't slip further. 

Winning at least 3 of the 5 home games would be handy, to create a bit of belief that next year might offer something better and winning at Whaddon Road, to make sure we finish above them, now looking dubious.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2019, 22:02:54 »

Season over
REDBUCK

« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2019, 22:06:00 »

Fucking terrible, worst half under Wellens since Carlisle at home.  Oh shut the fuck up Parkin - sorry, hero or not, the guy seems to know nothing about the game and the commentator can barely see who is involved in the game.

Vigs - no command
Taylor - career over
Conroy - no strength
Braodbent - seems to have had a dream he was Hoddle
Wollenden - how has he let a 5ft nothing player keep beating him in the air, let alone for the goal with an actual striker.
Two in midfield have no control on the game and can barely pass to each other without placing themselves under pressure.
Bennett - this guys is fucking useless, just happens to have had two shots in recent games getting lucky with one
Anderson - meh
Woolery - maybe we can enter him in a 100 metres or something, can't cross for toffee
Robinson - had nothing, looks likely to lamp someone soon based on the balls they keep playing to him.

Awful.

Thanks for the summary,  I look forward you becoming first team coach.
Flashheart

« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2019, 22:06:30 »

You lot are baffling at times. A good win on Saturday and we'll be 'right back in it' again. I shrug my shoulders in your general direction.

In other news. Oxford are still in the relegation zone.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2019, 22:11:53 »

Thanks for the summary,  I look forward you becoming first team coach.

Oh the bantz  

Edit: Ooh and now you’ve cunted me.  Clap
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 12, 2019, 22:17:09 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2019, 22:13:02 »

You lot are baffling at times. A good win on Saturday and we'll be 'right back in it' again. I shrug my shoulders in your general direction.

The trouble is BR, we can’t seem to string a run together. A few times now we have got with 4/5 points and then lost. We win 2, draw, then lose. We can’t seem to win 3-4 in a row and without that, we aren’t going to be able to close the gap.
The Doughty injury couldn’t have come at a worse time unfortunately.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2019, 22:13:19 »

I'm kind of still with you FH. Anyone on here knows though that if I must be losing optimism then my rosey tints have certainly dropped to my nose. Still not over but that GIH is the defining game for me.  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2019, 22:13:33 »

Wellens said McCourt had a recurrence of a dislocated shoulder.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2019, 22:14:29 »

Quote from: Flashheart
You lot are baffling at times. 

fickle football fans, us? shocking!
Flashheart

« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2019, 22:16:25 »

The trouble is BR, we can’t seem to string a run together. A few times now we have got with 4/5 points and then lost. We win 2, draw, then lose. We can’t seem to win 3-4 in a row and without that, we aren’t going to be able to close the gap.
The Doughty injury couldn’t have come at a worse time unfortunately.

Regardless, I stand by what I said.

A good win on Saturday and we'll be 'right back in it' again.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2019, 22:19:00 »

Regardless, I stand by what I said.

A good win on Saturday and we'll be 'right back in it' again.
I don’t doubt that, and I believe we will then go on to beat Morcombe, but our season suggests we won’t then go and beat Bury. I think we’ve only won 3 in a row once this season? Which is why we are where we are.
I hope to be proved wrong though.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2019, 22:20:11 »

genuine question FH, how many wins do you think it would take?

it's not a leading question.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2019, 22:27:27 »

Exactly. It's what happens unless you have a really good team, which we haven't.  In the summer we constructed a squad that looked mid table, and that's just about where we have been.....  a little flirtation, which led to Brown's sacking, with something unpleasant, but generally just off the pace.

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2019, 22:30:39 »

I asked the question on Saturday....at which point do we look to begin resting players ahead of our trip to Whaddon Road in April. I think the past two results has answered that quite comprehensively.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2019, 22:49:03 »

Number one son who lives in London went to the game and saw "two very poor sides" with little football and skill on evidence.

He watches a lot of non-league games around the London area and maintains there are some far better footballers playing at that level than he saw on show tonight which does not surprise me one iota as we seem to be lacking ability all over the place and it will be interesting to see who Mr Wellens dispenses with at this seasons end.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: