Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Port Vale pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 17592 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 22:06:16 »

As someone who was also there today and at Stevenage I think everything you’ve said is spot on Adje.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 22:25:08 »

Also any significance of the clock being stuck on 11:35?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 22:54:41 »

Why cheer when we win a corner?

We had fucking loads and wasted each and every one of them.

Clems Army!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 22:59:33 »

Can only agree with most of the comments already made.   Today was shit, how fans seem to think Wellens is going to lead us to the promised land next season is a bit of a mystery to me.  All the talk of building a squad for next season,  as already said many out there today will not be here next season.   If Power thinks freebies and loanings are the answer to winning this division then he needs to look back over the five seasons he's been here.  Sorry but unless things change I can only see next season being another same old, same old - hope I'm proven wrong.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, March 17, 2019, 01:53:58 »

Can only agree with most of the comments already made.   Today was shit, how fans seem to think Wellens is going to lead us to the promised land next season is a bit of a mystery to me.  All the talk of building a squad for next season,  as already said many out there today will not be here next season.   If Power thinks freebies and loanings are the answer to winning this division then he needs to look back over the five seasons he's been here.  Sorry but unless things change I can only see next season being another same old, same old - hope I'm proven wrong.

It's been noted, that as things stand we've had a season on season drop in final position under Power since 14/15. So the first thing that Wellens needs to do is to arrest that slide.... he doesn't have a magic wand.  He'll need a bit of time and support from the fans, as this isn't easy.  So far he's done OK... therefore it isn't beyond the realms of possibilty that he could continue to do OK... let's see who he wants to keep from the present squad and if the additions suggest something beyond last summer's obvious mid table recruitment
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Sunday, March 17, 2019, 12:09:22 »

the conditions weren't conducive to good football.  However, they were conditions that are not uncommon at home in winter months and I've rarely seen us take advantage of them.  They really would have encouraged some long shooting from 30 yarders in the first half.  We seemed to cope much better, tbf, in the second half with punts forward being held up and knocked out wide but just lacked any quality or even steadiness in the final third.  We shouldn't really have to be so exposed by Doughty's absence.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Sunday, March 17, 2019, 12:16:09 »

Cannot disagree with most of what was written, poor, very poor.  The side is not set up correctly, he moans about teams coming to defend but for most of the game we played a 4-5-1, leaving Theo totally isolated.  Thought Carroll was poorrr and too prone to moaning at his team mates.  Oh and it was a shit journey down the M5 last night.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, March 17, 2019, 12:59:54 »

I thought it was one of Carroll's good games. ah well,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, March 17, 2019, 13:11:52 »

Agreed. I thought he showed some good flashes of what he is capable of.

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Sunday, March 17, 2019, 13:14:03 »

Yeah each to their own!  Just thought he gave away too much possession and his passing was not up to scratch.  Don't like the way he thrown his arms up in the air when something goes wrong.   Still young so will learn.  Personally I would prefer to see McCourt and Dunne in the engine room and play with either Anderson or Woolery right up front with Theo.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, March 17, 2019, 13:32:04 »

he certainly does like a moan at everyone
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Sunday, March 17, 2019, 18:30:53 »

He seems to explode roughly every 10 minutes at his team-mates, the opposition and himself. Seriously needs some anger management practice.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Sunday, March 17, 2019, 21:39:16 »

I like him. Offers more than Dunne/McCourt for me & looks as if he gives a fuck. He's only a kid aswell & will get better with the right coaching.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Monday, March 18, 2019, 09:55:37 »

I'm 50/50 tbh, but it can't help his focus if he keeps going off like a Party Popper every few minutes
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #164 on: Monday, March 18, 2019, 10:03:09 »

I'm 50/50 tbh, but it can't help his focus if he keeps going off like a Party Popper every few minutes
I am probably 74/25 in his favour but at times he is like a ticking timebomb. All it will take is one player to kick him and he will go off like a grenade.

Conlon got so close to lighting the fuse on Saturday with his constant niggling of him but TBH he kept quite calm but he is easily distracted from his own game by fixating on revenge when he feels aggrivated by the opponent.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: