Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Festival 2019  (Read 19662 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Friday, March 15, 2019, 17:11:12 »

if id have bet like i did the first 3 days i would have lost loads today! Always so hard to get a winner or two on friday.

been a really good festival- today is the first day i'm down but its the least I have bet by far and banked loads. Pym 16/1 and La Mussee 33/1 ew in the last- for no reason at all.

See some good winners in this thread today!

Aye! Friday always a tough one. Sometimes may as well just do the "close the eyes" technique. I have Pym down as a place but certainly worth going for an outsider. Bryony Frost can get a place again on If You Say Run in the Martin Pipe @ 25/1. Great price.  The only favourite to win so far today was Hazel Hill. Have a feeling Dallas Des Pictons will be the 2nd one as favourite to win and close Chelt2019 but like you, Pym seems to be worth a roll of the dice.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Friday, March 15, 2019, 17:31:27 »

Aye! Friday always a tough one. Sometimes may as well just do the "close the eyes" technique. I have Pym down as a place but certainly worth going for an outsider. Bryony Frost can get a place again on If You Say Run in the Martin Pipe @ 25/1. Great price.  The only favourite to win so far today was Hazel Hill. Have a feeling Dallas Des Pictons will be the 2nd one as favourite to win and close Chelt2019 but like you, Pym seems to be worth a roll of the dice.

Yeh Dalls Des Pictons has been well backed and talked about but at 7/2 thats too short for me in a 24 horse amateur race. With skybet paying 6 places there is more value in trying to find a place
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Friday, March 15, 2019, 18:49:32 »

Makes you ask the question why jumps are needed anymore. I get horse racing, but not sure obstacles are needed really after watching race 1 today.  Horrible viewing.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Friday, March 15, 2019, 19:42:27 »

Makes you ask the question why jumps are needed anymore. I get horse racing, but not sure obstacles are needed really after watching race 1 today.  Horrible viewing.

The biggest concern is, Sir Erec's leg break came over "just" the sticks. Wasn't even a full on hedge. For me proper jumps, obstacles, hedges etc. are technical elements reserved for calculated skill in Equestrian. Where both the horse and rider have more time to assess a jump. Equestrian is like the equivalent of a High Jumper, Pole Vaulter or Vault gymnastics. Yes there are still risks and injuries but they can be minimized.

In Horse Racing there is so much power and speed it would be like asking a Sprinter to jump over a 2m (6'7" ish) high obstacle and then get up and keep going at the previous pace. This is what makes Horse Racing so much more technical I guess but the industry hasn't really caught up. A real equivalent would be in Motor Racing (whatever the opinion of the status as a sport) where they have put in place so much safety yet (if you're a fan) it can still be exciting, and still accidents happen.

Maybe the Horse Racing industry are a little scared of making it boring but if both Darts and Snooker can have revivals then i'm certain there will always be a place for Giddies. No matter how safe they make it. The bottom line is, there aren't many sound humans that want to see a shattered horse tibia.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: