Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: On This Day!  (Read 1628 times)
sir windon

Ignore
« on: Friday, March 8, 2019, 18:56:51 »

Some memorable Town games from times of yore. I have fond memories of Spotland  pies in ‘86, still have nightmares about Bamber freezing at a whistle from the crowd at Kenilworth Road and the less said about the two trips to Bolton the better
http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/OnThisDay.asp
« Last Edit: Friday, March 8, 2019, 19:24:18 by sir windon » Logged
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 8, 2019, 20:28:43 »

Some memorable Town games from times of yore. I have fond memories of Spotland  pies in ‘86, still have nightmares about Bamber freezing at a whistle from the crowd at Kenilworth Road and the less said about the two trips to Bolton the better
http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/OnThisDay.asp
Not at Rochdale game that season but remember the other two well,  the electric atmosphere at Luton (only ever rivaled by the 6-4 at Birmingham and the Pikies semi final game at Selhurst Park),  a game we could and should have won had the dickhead in the crowd not blown a whistle with Bamber one on one with the keeper. 
Getting as far as Knutsford at the first attempt to the Bolton game,  then 3-1 up in the rearranged game only for that wanker John McGinlay to ruin our Wembley dreams in the final minutes  -   Oh what it's like to be a Swindon fan !!. 

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 8, 2019, 21:36:36 »

Today's my birthday, i was at Luton in 88, never seen us win on this date....(last win in 86)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 8, 2019, 21:39:18 »

Today's my birthday, i was at Luton in 88, never seen us win on this date....(last win in 86)
Tomorrow's the day !!,     Happy birthday.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 8, 2019, 22:50:31 »

Tomorrow's the day !!,     Happy birthday.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: