Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle United v Swindon pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 27883 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, March 10, 2019, 11:10:23 »

The Red Flag....  Hmmm

I was up walking on Salisbury Plain last week, and the red flags were out in force...

Just goes to show what awful shot the British army are then.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, March 10, 2019, 15:08:05 »

Yep, pen.  Angry

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, March 10, 2019, 17:31:18 »

First time Carlisle have done the double over us....  Sad
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, March 10, 2019, 18:02:14 »

Seems like we were a bit unlucky.

Don't see how that could be called a definite penalty.  A mishit shot going nowhere near the goal that the defender couldn't have anticipated and had no reason to handle.  At best a marginal one that you sometimes get. 

Not impossible from here but we need to go on a hell of a run.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, March 10, 2019, 18:16:29 »

there were two Town players ready to knock that into an uncovered net had it not struck the upper arm of the defender. clear penalty for me.

agree that POs not yet impossible but that was a 6 pointer.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, March 10, 2019, 18:21:18 »

think the Town players were offside, mind Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Monday, March 11, 2019, 11:09:39 »

In front of a computer now, so some further thought from a first view of the season.

Thought we played reasonably well once they got the formation and personnel sorted after the half hour mark, Knoyle looked like a fish out of water at left back, although in his defence he was totally exposed as the player who was supposed to be in front of him (Bennett?) was constantly pushing inside meaning that Knoyle had a midfielder and a right back with the freedom of the right hand side, running at him from distance all the time, seemed to get better once McCourt was replaced although didn't really notice why in particular.

Second half we looked much better and frankly should have scored a couple, Robinson seemed unable to control a ball (he also can't catch, see earlier comment) and when he did fell on his arse, Woollery had the beating of their defence but has no end product, although again in his defence if a man is constantly getting to the byline the strikers should be attacking the near post, not holding back in the centre for a cut back that was never going to come as Carlisle got men back in numbers, as in many areas we just seem a little static (we barely won a second ball in midfield all afternoon, always came out second best in 50-50 tackles). Likewise our corners were not too bad, but their keeper seemed to claim every one often a distance off his line without being challenged by anyone in red. Ultimately we got done by a sucker punch and after that the wind just went, not sure why Woolery was hooked for House as he seemed to be a decent threat but hey ho.

In more general terms;

- It was bloody cold and windy, froze my balls off (not helped by being rough as a badgers arse)! Felt for the guy in the wheelchair who was placed in something resembling an open fronted bus shelter facing directly into the wind at pitch level, must have been freezing;
- Their No.9 (Hope) was a niggly whingy bastard;
- Penalty aside (looked stonewall from where I was sat, likewise from where I was sat the one against us in the first half looked like ball to tit at worst) thought the referee was not that dreadful, however the lino on our side was blind, fuck there were times when the ball almost made it into the front row of the stand and he didn't give a throw in;
- I can understand why Vigs winds up opposing fans, not sure whether its time wasting or that he just does things bloody slowly generally, even at 2-1 with us chasing the game he was throwing the ball down for goal kicks and then having to walk up to it to place it to take it, unnecessary;
- The pies were good;
- The beer was not;
- Their fans were quiet;
- Ours were not, looked to be more than 350 odd there to be honest, in fact with 5 mins to kick off looked to be more town fans than Carlisle in the ground;
- Footballers are still stupid, if in the last five minutes you are closing a defender down who is facing his own goal in the area if you touch him he is going to fall over and a foul be given.

All in all I attended and we lost so rather par for the course.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Monday, March 11, 2019, 12:19:59 »

Cheers Horlock.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #233 on: Monday, March 11, 2019, 15:51:02 »

Bad news for tomorrow with Woolery ruled out due to a thigh strain, I thought he had an excellent game on Saturday and will be a big miss.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, March 11, 2019, 16:04:22 »

Bad news for tomorrow with Woolery ruled out due to a thigh strain, I thought he had an excellent game on Saturday and will be a big miss.

I am sure we can find someone to replace him running to the by-line and then passing to a defender in the box, its not that tricky a role?
Panda Paws

« Reply #235 on: Monday, March 11, 2019, 16:06:29 »

Think RW will ring the changes tomorrow - would expect to see Knoyle revert to RB, Taylor to come in at LB and Keshi come in for Kaiyne, at least.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Monday, March 11, 2019, 16:11:55 »

Think RW will ring the changes tomorrow - would expect to see Knoyle revert to RB, Taylor to come in at LB and Keshi come in for Kaiyne, at least.

Possibly, whoever plays at LB is gonna struggle if the midfielder in front of them is as undisciplined as Bennett was on Saturday! I assume that Knoyle is comparatively mild mannered as I would have been giving him serious shit for leaving the defence as exposed as he was.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Monday, March 11, 2019, 16:18:24 »

Was Koiki left out Saturday because of injury or tactically? He would be my preferred choice at left back personally.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, March 11, 2019, 16:23:10 »

Was Koiki left out Saturday because of injury or tactically? He would be my preferred choice at left back personally.

Aren't we only allowed 5 loanees in the squad?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Monday, March 11, 2019, 16:29:09 »

Aren't we only allowed 5 loanees in the squad?

Yeah.

Koiki has been very inconsistent for me. Almost like he's a 19 year old learning into league football Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: