Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle United v Swindon pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 27890 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #210 on: Saturday, March 9, 2019, 18:02:54 »

Hopefully that won't be an issue next season.

Yep. I'm confident we'll recruit well enough to be quite potent in League 1 Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, March 9, 2019, 18:18:41 »

Very disappointed with the result,  was hoping to get something from that game.  

You should know that as a Town fan, it's the hope that gets you.... today quite literally.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, March 9, 2019, 18:19:54 »

Needed to capitalise on teams above us losing.  Instead the gap is now 6 points.  I think that's our season done.

you can't ignore the game in hand. that will pretty much define the season to whether we can do it or not.

the good thing is that we aren't just chasing one team. it's very close
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, March 9, 2019, 18:32:46 »

you can't ignore the game in hand. that will pretty much define the season to whether we can do it or not.

the good thing is that we aren't just chasing one team. it's very close

5 games until the Newport game, without say 4 wins it won't make too much difference...
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, March 9, 2019, 18:47:23 »

Meh, we are still head and shoulders above the other play off contenders - if we don’t take 7 points from next 3 games I will post a photo of my shaven balls.
Flashheart

« Reply #215 on: Saturday, March 9, 2019, 18:52:55 »

Meh, we are still head and shoulders above the other play off contenders - if we don’t take 7 points from next 3 games I will post a photo of my shaven balls.

Saved for posterity.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, March 9, 2019, 19:46:07 »

Saved for posterity.

You really want to see them if we don’t get the points?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, March 9, 2019, 20:26:25 »

Just got in, fuck that was cold! We did ok I suppose but that's what happens when you don't take your chances, Robinson worked his socks of but had the touch of Keith Scott, summed up when he was thrown the ball to take a free kick and dropped it!

One thing as a rare attendee, any ideas why there was chanting of 'fuck the IRA' has it become the norm again?

Might be defrosted by Tuesday?

Sent from my SM-J330FN
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, March 9, 2019, 21:50:00 »

Wasn't it Bushey Boy who made a similar statement - and had to complete his forfeit!!
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, March 9, 2019, 22:14:24 »

One thing as a rare attendee, any ideas why there was chanting of 'fuck the IRA' has it become the norm again?
Sent from my SM-J330FN
Only saw one lad singing that and he appeared to have had his first drink today. A few bellends seemed to travel up today.

Just back in, we played well in second half. Think we should have won.

Still a chance for playoffs.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, March 9, 2019, 23:30:38 »

Saved for posterity.
Don’t pretend I haven’t already sent you them. Wink
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, March 10, 2019, 09:45:38 »

Might have been the Glasgow Reds (Rangers Branch) keeping their eye in?

I was thinking at the time of the unlikelihood of the people who like to sing about German Bombers etc also coming up with some catchy songs in praise of the ownership of production by the workers, or the benefits of redistribution of wealth.
In general there are just not enough jolly ditties from the terraces on the subject of dialectical materialism.

Anyway. More importantly. Tuesday night. We go again.  Pint Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #222 on: Sunday, March 10, 2019, 10:43:14 »

My Facebook memories just came up from this day in 2012.

We had just had our 12th win in 13 games to go 8 points clear at the top of the table after our home win vs Cheltumb and in front of over 10,500 fans...how times change.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #223 on: Sunday, March 10, 2019, 10:57:20 »

And as usual a few views from our opponents fans from their forum....

The shitiest performance was the ref. Never favoured us

Dismal game - really poor play from both sides and awful officials, and were very fortunate to come out as winners. Only bright spots were the win and O'Hare who was excellent. Cullen looked like the player we hoped he would before the injury, gutted for us and the lad. Some shocking individual performances - only Gerrard out of our back four deserves any credit - and Devitt and Scougall were mostly anonymous.

Quite often we looked devoid of any game plan and some of the passing and positional play was woeful.
Not normally this downbeat - perhaps NCF can inject some much-needed optimism - but despite the win things look quite bleak at the moment.

was just good luck Swindon were off it as well. I thought that goal given OS was a cracker.. But O'Hare did well to shrug off 2 defenders and work a winner after he got the chance off Thomas's powerful shot that came back out to him. As said our back line were terrible and first half seemed to be playing walking football...passes went astray, over hit, not controlled. First touches were awful. We looked much better second half when Etuhu came on and after the chalked off goal we upped the anti

I didn't think the ref was that bad. Both teams had penalty shouts and both were denied. It wasn't a dirty game and from memory one booking for us and two for Swindon seemed a fair reflection.

Hope's pass/shot looked as if it was going 5 yards to the left of the goal. Their defender was very unlucky that his block sent it into the bottom right hand corner of the goal. But we'll take flukes like that if it means 3 points and sealing a play-off place.

I was very pleased Wellens decided to take Woolery off, looked powerful.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, March 10, 2019, 11:08:11 »

Might have been the Glasgow Reds (Rangers Branch) keeping their eye in?

I was thinking at the time of the unlikelihood of the people who like to sing about German Bombers etc also coming up with some catchy songs in praise of the ownership of production by the workers, or the benefits of redistribution of wealth.
In general there are just not enough jolly ditties from the terraces on the subject of dialectical materialism.

Anyway. More importantly. Tuesday night. We go again.  Pint Smiley

The Red Flag....  Hmmm

I was up walking on Salisbury Plain last week, and the red flags were out in force...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: