Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle United v Swindon pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 27900 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Friday, March 8, 2019, 14:33:39 »

Who's off to Scotland tomorrow?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 8, 2019, 15:23:21 »

Who's off to Scotland tomorrow?

Forecast, is just fairly grim..... rain and winds, for the afternoon replacing snow and winds am.  I guess it's what you expect for the far  north.... I'd be surprised if the Brunton pitch is up to much also.  last time we lost away was in fairly similar circumstances at an STFC graveyard Blundell Park.  Therefore very tough.  We can probably afford to lose this if we back up with a win at Stevenage...
« Last Edit: Friday, March 8, 2019, 15:28:25 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 8, 2019, 15:37:13 »

Matchday predictions: 

1.  Brunton Park fails a pitch inspection at 2pm. 

2.  Wobbly Bob enjoys some extra drinking time.

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 8, 2019, 15:46:33 »

The sort of norvern outpost where even our decent sides have struggled....a point would be massive, but wildly optimistic especially considering the bombshell news this week re. the CG that threatens the clubs very existence.

We値l soon be approaching the part of the season where we need to begin resting players ahead of our trip to Whaddon Road, albeit I would suggest this weekend is a bit too soon.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 8, 2019, 15:54:21 »

I'm heading up, 2-1 win please town!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 8, 2019, 16:02:23 »

The sort of norvern outpost where even our decent sides have struggled....a point would be massive, but wildly optimistic especially considering the bombshell news this week re. the CG that threatens the clubs very existence.

We値l soon be approaching the part of the season where we need to begin resting players ahead of our trip to Whaddon Road, albeit I would suggest this weekend is a bit too soon.

Yep 4 wins in 20 visits and 3 of those were either in August at the start of the season or May at the end.  The only success in the dodgy weather part of season was the Austin full debut game in November.

Carlisle are a bit like us last season, either win or lose.... we could certainly accept a draw as long as backed up by winning at Stevenage, as that would put the GD into positive numbers, so signs of progress.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 8, 2019, 16:13:46 »

Forecast, is just fairly grim..... rain and winds, for the afternoon replacing snow and winds am.  I guess it's what you expect for the far  north.... I'd be surprised if the Brunton pitch is up to much also.  last time we lost away was in fairly similar circumstances at an STFC graveyard Blundell Park.  Therefore very tough.  We can probably afford to lose this if we back up with a win at Stevenage...

The pitch doesn't look too bad from pictures in the local rag, although it has been pissing it down up here almost constantly for about a week now!

Hope it doesn't get pulled, going with a couple of non fans who last time we went to a town match was the late postponement at Accrington last season!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, March 8, 2019, 16:17:10 »

The pitch doesn't look too bad from pictures in the local rag, although it has been pissing it down up here almost constantly for about a week now!

Hope it doesn't get pulled, going with a couple of non fans who last time we went to a town match was the late postponement at Accrington last season!

Brunton Park... 2015.

Panda Paws

« Reply #8 on: Friday, March 8, 2019, 16:44:04 »

Wish I was going tomorrow - fancy us, 2-0. Theo and a midfielder bagging in front of 380 Town fans.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #9 on: Friday, March 8, 2019, 16:54:55 »

Carlisle currently sit 1 place above us in 9th place 3 points better off but we have a game in hand against them. They have scored 11 more than us but conceded 2 more than we have, 4 of those goals coming in Wellens first game in charge as we all remember.

They have only drawn 5 games so far but have lost 4 more games than we have.

Their leading scorers so far this season are Hope with 11, Devitt with 10 and Nadesan on 8.

Carlisles home form is only slightly better than Towns with 8 wins 2 draws and 7 defeats, scored 29 and conceded 21 (we have lost 5 at home and won 6 by comparison).

Towns away form is W7 D4 L5 F20 A19

Home and away vs Carlisle we have only lost 3 times in 14 games.

At Brunton Park we have only won 4 times in 22 games but conversely have only 2 defeat in the last 11 games in the footballing outpost.

Carlisle U last 8 games LWWDLLDL scoring 8 conceding 12

Swindons last 8 games WDWLWWDW scoring 15 conceding 8

Thier prefered defensive formation is 4 huge defenders in Grainger, Gerrard, Parkes and Liddle who are not the most mobile but very strong so hopefully we can exploit their lack of pace defensively.

Thier manager Steven Pressley praising us in his pre match.

https://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/2019/march/manager-they-can-test-you-in-a-number-of-ways/

https://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/2019/march/big-match-preview-the-robins-are-at-brunton-park-on-saturday/

That report stating Doughty is the man to watch on Saturday....only if you have a camera in the stand!

Difficult place to go and get a result, could easily go either way but a win would be massive in our play off hunt and take us onto the same points as them with a game in hand still.

2-1 defeat with Anderson scoringゥ  in front of 4,406 with 375 hardy Town fans there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, March 8, 2019, 17:00:53 »

4 points from the next 2 games would be huge, I don稚 care which way round they are - but I知 confident we will get the 4.
Panda Paws

« Reply #11 on: Friday, March 8, 2019, 17:14:02 »

4 points from the next 2 games would be huge, I don稚 care which way round they are - but I知 confident we will get the 4.

Agreed - 10 from the next four should allow us loss at Bury before we embark on our easyish looking run in.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #12 on: Friday, March 8, 2019, 17:18:36 »

Agreed - 10 from the next four should allow us loss at Bury before we embark on our easyish looking run in.
The infamous death kiss Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, March 8, 2019, 17:24:01 »

No such thing... games are difficult at the end of the season.  Our remaining home fixtures look tempting, but these are sides who will be fighting for their FL futures.  Ideally you want to get them early on when they're just crap and under no pressure.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, March 8, 2019, 17:32:10 »

Tough, tough game. Avoid defeat and I知 happy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: