Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The *positive* ground purchase thread.  (Read 13891 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 12:13:26 »

I was looking at the photo's of that guy at the top of the floodlights last week. One showed the ground next to the cricket ground. I'm sure this was discussed but I cant remember.

So I'd like to see a new ground (with refurbed floodlights and rolex) built on the cricket pitch, and they move to where the CG is. The footprint looks about the same.  Was there a reason this couldn't be done?

I think the pavilion is listed.
There might have been talk of having to move it when rotating the CG footprint was last mooted.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 12:14:53 »

Dunno, from experience Sport England can be quite a pain in the arse about such things.

The key for me is going to be which route do we go down, try and tart up a bit, or actual proper redevelopment of both ends in the first instance? Its going to need a third party on board to develop but things seem more exciting than they have done for many years, so now is the time to trust the Trust and crack on!

Funnily enough I've had a fair few dealings with Sport England. After a few months of "consultation"  We get a one pager back with no objection or comments. Admittedly that isnt swapping sports usage, usually just provision of facilities on brown field sites
Flashheart

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 12:15:06 »

Dunno, from experience Sport England can be quite a pain in the arse about such things.

The key for me is going to be which route do we go down, try and tart up a bit, or actual proper redevelopment of both ends in the first instance? Its going to need a third party on board to develop but things seem more exciting than they have done for many years, so now is the time to trust the Trust and crack on!

You'd think the Stratton Bank is some way past just being 'tarted up'.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 12:15:25 »

I think the pavilion is listed.
There might have been talk of having to move it when rotating the CG footprint was last mooted.

Think you might be right that rings a bell.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 12:16:22 »

You'd think the Stratton Bank is some way past just being 'tarted up'.

Isnt the roof just so home fans dont get wet when the TE is knocked down? Once that's done a proper refurb done on the SB
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 12:16:48 »

Im excited at just the thought of something might happen it terms of re-development.

I touched on the town end re-build in the *negative* thread. Can anyone find a link to the article which discussed this. I have tried but can't. I'm sure it mentioned a pioneering unique build
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 12:17:24 »

I don’t know whether redeveloping the Bank is on the agenda, but bung a roof on it, close the TE while that is rebuilt and the fans go in the Bank.

I reckon the DRS is fine and the Arkells just a bit tired.

A TE actually making noise again would benefit the team, too.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 12:17:37 »

http://truststfc.tv/the-county-ground-what-next/

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 12:18:27 »

I just love the idea of this being achieved under Power as it's going to be really entertaining to see if certain vocal individuals put up or shut up.... or their list of excuses why they don't.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 12:19:34 »

I don’t know whether redeveloping the Bank is on the agenda, but bung a roof on it, close the TE while that is rebuilt and the fans go in the Bank.

I reckon the DRS is fine and the Arkells just a bit tired.

A TE actually making noise again would benefit the team, too.

I wouldnt even bother re-housing the townend fans into stratton bank. the facilities and work involved to get stratton bank up to shape to do this they may as well go into DRS or Arkells. It wouldnt please everyone but if it was for re-development then people would suck it up to get a nice new home.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 12:25:55 »

Anyway, it must be a good thing as even the piss stains are envious

https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/scum-their-stadium.1974/#post-125038
Flashheart

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 12:34:06 »

Even better
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 12:38:23 »

Would theirs be 3/4 the price?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 12:42:05 »

I find it difficult to summon any sympathy on almost any subject that shits on the piss stains, but the way their club is being fucked over by Kassam in an ongoing basis, comes close.

We don’t have to look very far to see the apocalypse Reg fears when redevelopment without fans involvement takes place.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 12:42:53 »

Think you might be right that rings a bell.

Pavilion is indeed grade II listed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: