Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The *positive* ground purchase thread.  (Read 13890 times)
Flashheart

« on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 10:32:16 »

While scepticism is fine, it's a shame that the other thread became bogged down in the negativity of a certain usual person.

I thought I'd open this for those that would rather discuss the potential positives. Myself included.

If you wish to be negative then there's another thread where you are free to do so, so fuck off and use that one instead.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 10:38:50 »

I never want us to ever leave the County Ground, it wouldn’t the same club to me if we were playing in some soulless new build on a different site.

The fact that this scenario will be far less likely is the biggest plus point for me at the moment
Flashheart

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 10:56:20 »

Looking forward to hearing what Morfuni has to say.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 10:59:41 »

I think its the best thing to happen to the club in many many years.

How is it possible to live so long being so utterly negative about everything?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 11:01:33 »

I don't know mate.

For the purpose of this thread, let's just pretend that trollish nonsense in the other thread didn't happen  Wink
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 11:03:18 »

Would be a dream if we could redevelop.

Often drive past The County Ground and think if we're ever to progress it'll need to be turned in to flats and we'll be on the outskirts somewhere in an identical stadium to several other clubs. With this news the hope for me is that won't be the case.

Something like Deepdale would be fantastic if we could get the end stands somewhat spruced up.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 11:13:19 »

I don't know mate.

For the purpose of this thread, let's just pretend that trollish nonsense in the other thread didn't happen  Wink
What thread? Wink

Something like Deepdale would be fantastic if we could get the end stands somewhat spruced up.
Several grounds have managed to upgrade and prosper, Deepdale being one of them, Fratton Park is another, on a bigger scale obviously St James Park (Newcastle not Exeter!) Bristol Shitty, Wolves and several lower league clubs have had some success in expanding their ground such as Tranmere, Bury, Exeter(who have a great standing home end), its very possible to attain a nice ground that doesn't feel souless (MK, Swansea, Darlington etc).

It all sounds very promising to me.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 11:19:09 »

The only thing that could/would stop the redevelopment would be the residents.

I think they have stopped the stratton bank development before?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 11:24:59 »

Jesus christ guys
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 12:00:50 »

It's like the mid nineties all over again  Smiley
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 12:04:40 »

Only 2 choices.

Status quo with the CG continuing to deteriorate or

A JV with at least the possibility of ground development

There has to be a leap of faith sometime. That time is now.
Flashheart

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 12:05:09 »

It's like the mid nineties all over again  Smiley

lolz. I wouldn't go that far, but it is good to have some positive vibes about the club and not just about the ground purchase. It's been too long.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 12:05:39 »

I was looking at the photo's of that guy at the top of the floodlights last week. One showed the ground next to the cricket ground. I'm sure this was discussed but I cant remember.

So I'd like to see a new ground (with refurbed floodlights and rolex) built on the cricket pitch, and they move to where the CG is. The footprint looks about the same.  Was there a reason this couldn't be done?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 12:07:00 »

Oh PS I feel a cyber Palestine coming...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 12:10:30 »

I was looking at the photo's of that guy at the top of the floodlights last week. One showed the ground next to the cricket ground. I'm sure this was discussed but I cant remember.

So I'd like to see a new ground (with refurbed floodlights and rolex) built on the cricket pitch, and they move to where the CG is. The footprint looks about the same.  Was there a reason this couldn't be done?

Dunno, from experience Sport England can be quite a pain in the arse about such things.

The key for me is going to be which route do we go down, try and tart up a bit, or actual proper redevelopment of both ends in the first instance? Its going to need a third party on board to develop but things seem more exciting than they have done for many years, so now is the time to trust the Trust and crack on!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: