Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Colchester United pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 36036 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Monday, March 4, 2019, 18:47:00 »

I think I'm in the minority, I like Carroll. He does the dirty stuff in midfield and he's effective in that role. I don't think Wellens expects him to be creative, just to break up play and get the ball to one of our players. I haven't got a problem with him passing backwards either, he's not the type of player who will dribble with the ball, or ping a cross over. Win the ball, keep possession,  that's his game.
Love him and felt he had a point when people weren't giving him a short option.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Monday, March 4, 2019, 18:55:21 »

People tend to forget Carroll is still young, only just turned 20
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Monday, March 4, 2019, 18:56:16 »

I dont recall hearing this.....did anyone else

Wellens said: “The only thing that frustrated me was - four or five minutes before we scored our first goal – Theo Robinson had a shot from 30 yards that went over the bar.

“The fans then start signing ‘we’ve had a shot, we’ve had a shot’. I don’t like that, because the players can hear it.
Yeah it happened, Town End being dick heads.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Monday, March 4, 2019, 18:57:20 »

It may be 2+2=5, but his comments on BBC suggest that he may (just may) be starting to think about an exit over the next couple of years and the ground and training ground purchase - or a share of that - is key to it being a saleable asset. I’m still dubious that any football asset is saleable unless it is in the right league, with the right ground. He’s right to the extent that if he does leave us in League Two, but with a lasting infrastructure, he’s done a lot more than most owners. Fitton and Wray gave us great days out and hope, but ultimately, didn’t get us anywhere. Seton Wills saw us somehow keep our heads above water...
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 12:19:19 »

Woolfenden in EFL Team of the Week:

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/march/efl-team-of-the-week-1-4-march/

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: