Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Colchester United pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 36050 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #255 on: Monday, March 4, 2019, 10:33:16 »

That's the result of years of Cooper and Williams. Back, back, across pitch, back, lose it and concede
Pretty much how we beat his current team a few weeks ago.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Monday, March 4, 2019, 11:21:09 »

That's the result of years of Cooper and Williams. Back, back, across pitch, back, lose it and concede

Many an English football fan likes to see a ball into the mixer early to a big man, hoping for a knock down bits and pieces scramble. Had Woolf attempted an early ball and it cannoned into the defender for a throw in, because being a CH, he's never going to run past anyone... the fans in the DRS would have been happy enough, especially if we had a long throw merchant.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Monday, March 4, 2019, 13:01:01 »

We do, McCourt has a long throw, we just don’t use it.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Monday, March 4, 2019, 14:08:24 »

I dont recall hearing this.....did anyone else

Wellens said: “The only thing that frustrated me was - four or five minutes before we scored our first goal – Theo Robinson had a shot from 30 yards that went over the bar.

“The fans then start signing ‘we’ve had a shot, we’ve had a shot’. I don’t like that, because the players can hear it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #259 on: Monday, March 4, 2019, 14:14:16 »

I dont recall hearing this.....did anyone else

Wellens said: “The only thing that frustrated me was - four or five minutes before we scored our first goal – Theo Robinson had a shot from 30 yards that went over the bar.

“The fans then start signing ‘we’ve had a shot, we’ve had a shot’. I don’t like that, because the players can hear it.
I recall the shot, a volley from a long way out went not too far over the bar but I didn't hear anything like that, it could have been localized to behind his dugout maybe?

Flashheart

« Reply #260 on: Monday, March 4, 2019, 14:18:03 »

A tad dickish if true, especially considering we've been doing well of late.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Monday, March 4, 2019, 14:21:38 »

it happened, from the Town End.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Monday, March 4, 2019, 14:21:47 »

Yes. Heard it from a small(ish) minority in the TE.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #263 on: Monday, March 4, 2019, 14:49:41 »

it happened, from the Town End.
Tis a fair bit of twattery, especially when a). we have only failed to score in 2 of our last 9 matches and b). we ended the game with 11 shots and vs Grimsby 18 shots.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Monday, March 4, 2019, 15:07:06 »

Tis a fair bit of twattery, especially when a). we have only failed to score in 2 of our last 9 matches and b). we ended the game with 11 shots and vs Grimsby 18 shots.

Wrongly or wrongly I think it was in response to the game as it unfolded to that point. We scored 2 goals straight after so it must work Smiley Smiley

Actually, I thought the fans by  and large grasped this was a critical game and were largely supportive. The atmosphere even raised a notch or two above "morgue".

It points to a problem we as a fanbase have right now. Its not fair on Wellens/the team, but we expect things to go wrong and some sections react accordingly. Its the hangover of sliding from League 1 contenders to division 4 alsorans*

* which may of course turn out to be a bad assumption.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #265 on: Monday, March 4, 2019, 15:14:25 »

I fully understand groans when players try things and it goes wrong, we all do that. I don't get actually signing that when the shot was actually a pretty good effort under the circumstances and before then we had a couple of decent chances too.

Its like some of our fanbase WANT us to not succeed, especially at home.

And I wouldn't tar everyone with the same brush as online we could actually hear the TE sing on a couple of occassions, although not much, but the song RW was mentioning was not picked up by the microphones at all.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Monday, March 4, 2019, 15:53:28 »

Get a result Saturday and there’ll be a good atmosphere at Stevenage on the Tuesday. I’ll be there!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Monday, March 4, 2019, 16:41:03 »

Wrongly or wrongly I think it was in response to the game as it unfolded to that point. We scored 2 goals straight after so it must work Smiley Smiley

Actually, I thought the fans by  and large grasped this was a critical game and were largely supportive. The atmosphere even raised a notch or two above "morgue".

It points to a problem we as a fanbase have right now. Its not fair on Wellens/the team, but we expect things to go wrong and some sections react accordingly. Its the hangover of sliding from League 1 contenders to division 4 alsorans*

* which may of course turn out to be a bad assumption.

I saw what you did there. Sneaky.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, March 4, 2019, 17:43:51 »

I recall the shot, a volley from a long way out went not too far over the bar but I didn't hear anything like that, it could have been localized to behind his dugout maybe?

A bit wankerish, the game was poor but we have improved...

Giving Cooper stick at Blades when we played nobody up front and didnt have a shot on goal, was justified.

Clems Army!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Monday, March 4, 2019, 18:30:06 »

As far as I'm concerned, if the TE makes a few unfunny and even critical chants, then more power to its elbow.  At least it has a pulse.  The Arkells (my favoured perch) and the DR rival the Arsenal Library.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: