Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Colchester United pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 36317 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 08:06:19 »

am I the only one who had to Google phalanx?

You've obviously never played Sid Meier's Civilization.
Panda Paws

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 09:06:09 »

We're going to nick a high scoring game today. Theo and Kaiyne at the fore again.
woolster

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 10:13:08 »

3.1 town, earlier start in the Merlin to secure a seat due to the North London derby Pint Pint
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 10:42:04 »

2-0 Town.

FWIW, I don't care when a team entered the league.. my anticipation (or lack of) is not affected by this.

That is only one factor mentioned in possibly explaining why people don't get too excited about games v ColU.

Next season in theory, we could be playing FGR who came into the league in 17/18 and are our nearest neighbours or Sunderland who came in 1890, and are t'other end of the country.  Who of those two would you be anticipating playing the most?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 10:48:47 »

Colchester sit well placed in the league in 6th place on 54 points 7 points ahead of Town but having played 1 more game so a win for Town will see us 4 points behind them with a game in hand.

Their leading scorers are Sammie Szmodics on 11, followed by 2 ex Town strikers Norris on 8 and Nouble on 7. Norris not having scored since 13th October a run of 23 matches (which he has not played in every game).

The have ex Town target under Brown - Eisa on loan to them from Shrewsbury and is the brother of Mo.

Colchester current form is LDLDWLLWWDD they have won 3 and lost 4 of them.
Swindons T current form is DDDLWDWLWWD Town have won 4 and lost 2 of them.

They have lost the same number of matches (10) as Swindon but have won 3 more, they have also scored 15 goals more than us conceding 5 less goals.

They beat us in the away game in November 1-0 with a late goal in injury time of the first half, Colchester were not very good and we looked like at least getting a draw right up to the final whistle but couldn't hit the net, that was under Phil Brown in what proved to be his last match in charge. Since that game Col U have only won 3 league games.

In games between the sides at the CG Swindon have won 19, drew 10 and lost 10 times scoring 68 and conceding 42 times.

Colchester are unbeaten at the County Ground in the last 5 matches with 3 wins and 2 draws, each win was with them scoring a single goal more than us.

2-1 defeat with Anderson scoring©  in front of 5,906 with 202 Essex boys there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 10:50:35 »

That is only one factor mentioned in possibly explaining why people don't get too excited about games v ColU.

Next season in theory, we could be playing FGR who came into the league in 17/18 and are our nearest neighbours or Sunderland who came in 1890, and are t'other end of the country.  Who of those two would you be anticipating playing the most?

A game is a game to me, Reg. I couldn't really care less.. different if we were to draw a Premier League team away from home in a cup tie.. but Sunderland/FGR/AN Other in a League tie? I'm (personally) not arsed either way.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 10:59:09 »

4.0 win, Theo x 2, Anderson and Woolery - the chances will go in tomorrow.
Then we will beat Carlisle next week, see you at Wembley.  Pint
Finally somebody talking sense.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 11:02:41 »

A game is a game to me, Reg. I couldn't really care less.. different if we were to draw a Premier League team away from home in a cup tie.. but Sunderland/FGR/AN Other in a League tie? I'm (personally) not arsed either way.

We're all different.... I've always thought some opponents are more interesting than others.

Today is the most important game of the season so far.... in that it is "must win" to hold on to any even tenuous hope of a PO finish.  Yet it doesn't feel like a big game
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 11:09:20 »

1-2. Finally the season comes to an end.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 11:30:42 »

We're all different.... I've always thought some opponents are more interesting than others.

Today is the most important game of the season so far.... in that it is "must win" to hold on to any even tenuous hope of a PO finish.  Yet it doesn't feel like a big game

Maybe the word you could used is apathy instead of your sweeping comment, regarding clearly your personal belief that the populas would avoid a game with Colchester for the reason you described?

Where I agree with you is it does not feel like a big game yet clearly it is.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #25 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 13:36:17 »

Where I agree with you is it does not feel like a big game yet clearly it is.
This for me is the biggest game of the season, a proper make or break game for the season.

We have been threatening to put 3 or 4 past someone the last few weeks yet there is always that 1 game (a Crawley or an Exeter) when we look like any half decent side will beat us with little effort.

If we can beat Col U and win our game in hand then we will be 1 point behind them, but if we lose I think us being 10 points behind is too much for us. A draw is no good either IMO, win or bust.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 13:38:46 »

There's not much loquacity on this matchday thread...with just 80mins until KO, that is usually what I'm good bad for. Not from me today.

FT: 7-1 Kayne 27, 31; Theo 38, 47, 77; Broadbean 62; Dunne 90+6 ; Smodicz 2 (Pen).
At: 6007
Pen missed by Doughty.
4 Yellows, 1 Red (Dunne for celebrating, 2nd Yellow).
176 disappointed Community Homes dwellers.
17 spilt cups of Bovril.
3 stairwell stumbles.
1 blocked toilet.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 14:07:12 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 13:45:39 »

Away from home Col U have won 6 drawn 5 lost 6 F21 A21.
Swindons home form is won 5 drawn 7 lost 5 F19 A23.

The stats would suggest an away win but the recent form would suggest a draw.

We will no doubt miss Doughty but a lot hangs on the shoulders of the creative midfielder that replaces him, something Bennett did not do well last week IMO creating very little and not influencing the game at all.

There isn't really another attacking midfield option though especially is Rose is still injured (rumoured to be out for another couple of weeks). Carroll, Toums, Dunne and McCourt are all better defensively than attacking.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 13:59:57 »

normy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 14:01:14 »

Probably a boring draw, but you never know...

ust be the oldest
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: