Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Colchester United pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 36037 times)
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« on: Friday, March 1, 2019, 19:21:08 »

Friday is the new Saturday it seems. Are you all asleep?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 1, 2019, 19:45:34 »

Actually going to watch the game tomorrow (on iFollow) so it's guaranteed to be shite. Sorry.
Flashheart

« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 1, 2019, 19:54:29 »

Actually going to watch the game tomorrow (on iFollow) so it's guaranteed to be shite. Sorry.

When's the last time you saw a game? You might find things have improved considerably of late.
china red

« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 1, 2019, 19:56:25 »

I have the two free tickets for tomorrow's game from the player sponsorship, I cannot make it now as my son cracked his head open skiing in Austria.  PM me if interested, they are in the Arkells stand and can be collected from the county ground
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 1, 2019, 19:56:56 »

Friday is the new Saturday it seems. Are you all asleep?

People find it difficult to get too excited about games v ColU..... think it's because they only came into the FL in 56, and were then generally moderate, and have usually played to small crowds.  Then they were relegated to the Conference around that early 90's time when we were having one of our better periods.

It kind of leads to an assumption that we should be better than them.... but here's the problem, we're not.  2 wins at the CG for us in the last 10, and we're below them in the league.   It's a must win but the injury crisis just makes it more difficult, so there's no sense of anticipation....
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 1, 2019, 20:55:47 »

As long as they dont defend in a phalanx we should be good for a point at least
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 1, 2019, 21:02:11 »

am I the only one who had to Google phalanx?
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, March 1, 2019, 22:23:09 »

I have the two free tickets for tomorrow's game from the player sponsorship, I cannot make it now as my son cracked his head open skiing in Austria.  PM me if interested, they are in the Arkells stand and can be collected from the county ground

How much are you willing to pay, to have them taken off your hands?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, March 1, 2019, 22:45:30 »

am I the only one who had to Google phalanx?

Not even sure if spelled right tbh. I was just being flash with my limited Roman History Smiley
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, March 1, 2019, 22:48:01 »

Id have them from you but I have the need for an additional 2. Hope your son gets better soon and the town deliver 3 points for him tomorrow
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, March 1, 2019, 23:32:47 »

4.0 win, Theo x 2, Anderson and Woolery - the chances will go in tomorrow.
Then we will beat Carlisle next week, see you at Wembley.  Pint
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 00:49:54 »

Not even sure if spelled right tbh. I was just being flash with my limited Roman History Smiley

It's all Greek to me. Wink
We could struggle if they go with a very defensive testudo formation.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 00:51:38 »

The phalanx was more a Greek thing, not to be confused with the Roman testudo, which was a defensive structure. Sort of thing you need when playing Lincoln.... it amused me in the week when Exeter played at Sincil Bank, that a Grecian if making the journey could have followed the Fosse Way...certainly the longest away day in Div 4 on a continuous Roman Road.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 07:55:31 »

2-0 Town.

FWIW, I don't care when a team entered the league.. my anticipation (or lack of) is not affected by this.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 07:58:56 »

2-0 Town.

FWIW, I don't care when a team entered the league.. my anticipation (or lack of) is not affected by this.

This.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: