Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Colchester United pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 36680 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 19:34:03 »

But only lost 1 of the last 6. I’m going with that stat!

Maybe I should go. Been 4 times last ten years and not seen us lose there.
Flashheart

« Reply #196 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 19:39:28 »

We need to set up a gofundme page for Sutton.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 19:54:14 »

Maybe I should go. Been 4 times last ten years and not seen us lose there.
I think I’ve only been once - an FA Cup tie in the 80s when we were low down and they were going well.

Think it was a draw. There was a good old football special train
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 20:28:48 »

as I'm sure mentioned that wasn't good today but 3-0!! We played a lot better against Grimsby imo but I don't really care I don't think iv seen a home win this season.

We lacked a lot of creativity and also bravery. The need to pass backwards instead of confidence.

The first 30 started much like previous, no threat to our goal, control of the ball but nothing really happening apart from a blind hoof to Theo who seems to make good of any lumped ball.

Bennett and Carroll were probably the worst offenders. Bennett offered little, gave cheap balls away, created nothing for a supposedly attack minded player. Carroll is a little bastard really but he's ours which is better than having him against us. Seems intent on trying to get a yellow- quite unbelievable how many fouls he gave away and constant whingeing about options in front him without the ability to drive forward himself and poor passing. BUT they bith won us the game, the way of football.

a fantastic result against a team we had to win. I'm really happy with a good 7/8 players of the team and it's look like a team we can build around for seasons to come.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 20:31:05 »

We need to set up a gofundme page for Sutton.

I dont remember them scoring in any of them either. Might be wrong I'll check. It is a cracking away day. I got home in a right mess last time about 3 years back. Wife still reminds of it.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 20:49:07 »

Easily played better last week.

The cross dished up by both sides before the first goal was dogshit.

Oh well....who cares...loved the second goal...superb.  how did the third go in? Thought the keeper had palmed it over?

Clems Army!
Flashheart

« Reply #201 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 20:49:44 »

Carroll is a dirty, niggly little prick. But how often have we complained about not having that about us?

He could have picked up a red card later in the game for what seemed to be a two-footed lunge on one of their players. It was just outside their box as well, an utterly needless challenge. Thankfully their guy just moved out of the way of the challenge and nothing happened.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 20:55:27 »

Perhaps Candy had put a bet on himself to get booked. Via a friend of course. Perhaps not.

Off the pitch, I liked what Lee Power had to say and nature of the beast, but it sounded to me like he was a little hurt by some social media comments about his "business interests" in the club. He reiterated what the accounts show and how he has continually put money in. He came across genuine with it too, it wasn't all balshy "attles n fackin pay-errs". Then again, what do I know? I thought Doughty a while back behaved like a petulant schoolboy.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 21:05:01 »

Easily played better last week.

The cross dished up by both sides before the first goal was dogshit.

Oh well....who cares...loved the second goal...superb.  how did the third go in? Thought the keeper had palmed it over?

He didn't get enough on it - and the Town End never let him forget it!!  soapy tit wank
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 21:07:50 »

important what looked like a save in the first half from Vigs too. at least I think he saved it. could have been off the line
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 21:46:49 »

I enjoyed that. Well worth the £’s. Ok, up to the goals it was shyte, then BOOM. Nice write up in the programme P a u l
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 23:29:00 »

From the ColU forum:

Comfortably outplayed by Swindon seconds. Yet again our management team simply do not prepare our group of players appropriately. It happens time and time again.

Worst goalkeeping display ever in the 15 seasons of following the U's. Referee worse than Kettle. The better team made to look like clowns by a very average Swindon.

Dreadful - for most of the first half we had them in our pocket, without to be honest much creative flair up front. Gilmartin had already been giving glimpses of the shockers to follow, poor kicking, constantly playing out to a defender who was already under pressure, and having to aimlessly lump to no one the inevitable pass back. However, in the 39th minute he surpassed himself with a dreadfully scuffed goal kick straight to a Swindon player in our own half, and several pinpoint passes later Swindon had an ill-deserved 1-0 lead. Two minutes later and a sweeping cross straight on to the head of a Swindon player, who looked miles offside, headed back past Gilmartin into the far corner, and the game looked lost.

It didn't get much better 2nd half sadly. We huffed and puffed and did try and get back into the game, but by then Swindon were quite happy to sit deep and weather anything we tried. Gilmartin wasn't responsible for Mandron running down a blind alley and losing possession on the edge of our box, but he was responsible for the weak hands to only palm the incoming shot up and over his shoulder and into the corner of the goal. It was good to see Norris come on, and he did at least have a few shots on goal, something everyone else seemed remarkably reluctant to try.

...and the referee was absolutely shocking.

Gilmartin made it quite plain that even though he is GK coach he wanted also to be the regular keeper. In my mind those two jobs are not compatible and he should relinquish his coach post and see then if he continues to be picked as surely the GK coach has important input in the selection process....ergo...pick Gilmartin.
I seem to think we had a surfeit of keepers at the start of the season; surely his job was to groom one or other of them for first team duty, NOT make the position his own. Weak upper management is ruining our club.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 23:29:31 »

I dont remember them scoring in any of them either. Might be wrong I'll check. It is a cracking away day. I got home in a right mess last time about 3 years back. Wife still reminds of it.

We did alright in the game in which Austin got his first goal too. A few songs on the train home.  :-)

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, March 3, 2019, 01:22:44 »

We did alright in the game in which Austin got his first goal too. A few songs on the train home.  :-)

Yeah that was good. Still got a shin scar from a seat bang when Austin scored that day
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, March 3, 2019, 06:04:09 »

I think I'm in the minority, I like Carroll. He does the dirty stuff in midfield and he's effective in that role. I don't think Wellens expects him to be creative, just to break up play and get the ball to one of our players. I haven't got a problem with him passing backwards either, he's not the type of player who will dribble with the ball, or ping a cross over. Win the ball, keep possession,  that's his game.

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: