Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Colchester United pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 36687 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 17:37:01 »

I enjoyed the second half as much as I didn't enjoy the first.

1st half was garbage with 2 good goals.

2nd half we pressured and didn't whack it long and looked so much better.

And now the impossible dream is back on. It shouldn't be, but it is.

You Reds!
Flashheart

« Reply #181 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 17:38:26 »

Wellens' point/game ratio so far would have had us on 78 points if he was here from the start of the season.

That would put us in 1st place. By 9 points.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 17:40:29 »

Oh, and kudos to Wellens. he proved a few people wrong today.

Certainly, and with myself especially RE: Woolf at LB but putting Knoyle on Senior was a masterstroke. Ok, so it limited Knoyle's attacking ability but shutting out Senior was key and they really offered nothing else. They missed Szmodics whereas we, with what seemed a weak midfield didn't really mss anyone. It just took a little longer to get going. Imagine that side with Rose and Doughty in the middle of the park. March could be a good month. Great start!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Panda Paws

« Reply #183 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 17:42:31 »

Wellens' point/game ratio so far would have had us on 78 points if he was here from the start of the season.

That would put us in 1st place. By 9 points.

Jesus. Is that including the Carlisle game?

---

Edit. Again. 29 from 16, so 1.8 over 34 games so far gives us 61, which is 5th.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 17:49:27 by Panda Paws » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #184 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 17:45:36 »

Jesus. Is that including the Carlisle game?

Yep

17 games played. 29 points won. = 1.7 point per game average. Multiplied by 46 = 78.2

If we don't include the Carlisle game it would work out as 83 points.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 17:46:24 »

Enjoyed that. 3 goals and a clean sheet at home! Can't remember the last time I saw that. Although I do think there's an argument for saying their keeper might have a good shout for our MotM!
Panda Paws

« Reply #186 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 17:47:03 »

Yep

17 games played. 29 points won. = 1.7 point per game average. Multiplied by 46 = 78.2

If we don't include the Carlisle game it would work out as 83 points.

We've only played 34 games though! See above.
Flashheart

« Reply #187 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 17:49:28 »

We've only played 34 games though! See above.

Balls. I thought it didn't sound right, schoolboy error. Those numbers I gave would equate to total points over the entire season.

Still fucking good, though.
Panda Paws

« Reply #188 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 17:53:00 »

Balls. I thought it didn't sound right, schoolboy error. Those numbers I gave would equate to total points over the entire season.

Still fucking good, though.

Still quality as you say. 83 would be easily top 3.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 17:53:21 »

I was surprised but pleased with Dunne's display, playing forward a bit. A hand in the first goal, and a brilliant long cross for Woolf's goal.  His experience showed,  harrassing their midfield as well. My MOM, though others  like McCourt, Woolery, Broadbent and Robinson are equally deserving. I don'r see why Woolf got it, he had a very poor first half, except for his goal. Still we all see it differently.

ust be the oldest
Flashheart

« Reply #190 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 17:58:34 »

Still quality as you say. 83 would be easily top 3.

Factor in also that he played much of that with a squad that was a) not his and b) very unbalanced, it makes it even more impressive.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 18:05:37 »

The signing of Robinson has, so far, completely changed the dynamic of the team.  He does a far better job up top in that role than anyone else we have tried this season.  He hassles and harries, he holds the ball up when needed but also creates over the top options.  It stretches a defence and keeps them honest, allowing other players to look a bit more dangerous and meaning we always look like we might have a sniff.  There were some games earlier in the season where it didn't even look like we could get the ball into the box.

His signing has also simplified the job of others - people look like they know where they are supposed to be on the pitch.  Well done Wellens.  Still some hit and miss games, but on the whole we look at least as good as the teams we are playing and often like we have another gear than they can muster.  It's League two, so you get a Crawley, but that's three or four teams around us we've been the better of the teams on display.  Tranmere, Colchester & Franchise, plus also Grimsby really.  A few above us are stuttering, we don't really have any pressure on us yet.  We might just sneak this.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 18:08:50 »

Strange game, played better than that and lost at times.  Never looked like losing but until the worst player in our team scored we never looked like scoring!  Second goal killed the game really, Col.U were not particularly good in our penalty box for all their possession.  Onwards and upwards (perhaps!)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 18:46:54 »

Key win.... now two away games, can we keep the good form going on the road?  Still little margin for error, but if we could get the GD into positive numbers before the next 2 at the CG we'll definitely be in business.

Good to see goals coming from unusual sources today, we'll need more of that.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, March 2, 2019, 18:51:45 »

Not really we have only won there 4 times in 22 games.
But only lost 1 of the last 6. I’m going with that stat!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: