Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: HONDA  (Read 18686 times)
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 18:18:26 »

Yes they have. Whataboutery about Labour does nothing to alter the fact that this government is an utter fucking shambles.

Whilst I’m no big fan of this government every labour government in history has been an utter car crash- they have left us with huge deficits/wrecked the economy and always left unemployment far higher than they inherited.

At the moment the current government are the least worst option
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 18:55:31 »

Only reason unemployment is so low is all these poxy zero hour contracts.
Still claiming benefits just not JSA.
 Suicide
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 19:15:47 »

Suicide

Source?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 19:34:37 »

Source?

About 40% of families with children claim working tax credit.... it's essentially a benefit payment from the tax payer to business. There's debate to be had as to whether that's a good or bad thing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 19:43:53 »

Quote from: @mwooly63
 Suicide

ONS day their method of counting unemployment hasn't changed.

zero hours contracts really are shit mind.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 19:53:51 »

Whilst I’m no big fan of this government every labour government in history has been an utter car crash- they have left us with huge deficits/wrecked the economy and always left unemployment far higher than they inherited.
All of which is as may be, but it's still more whataboutery. Just because you think the other lot are shit,doesn't mean the govt haven't made a compete fucking mess of things, which was my point. You can have two shit options
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 19:55:29 »

About 40% of families with children claim working tax credit.... it's essentially a benefit payment from the tax payer to business. There's debate to be had as to whether that's a good or bad thing.
In-work poverty is at it's highest level in years. People have jobs, but too many of them are shit jobs that don't pay, have no security and too many people having to work two or three jobs to get by.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, February 23, 2019, 11:54:56 »

In-work poverty is at it's highest level in years. People have jobs, but too many of them are shit jobs that don't pay, have no security and too many people having to work two or three jobs to get by.

Very true.... however it shouldn't be forgotten, that in relative terms, you can still have a decent lifestyle.  The relativity, to which I refer stems from my father telling me what it was like in the late 20's through the 30's, up to the out break of war. 

Hunger marches, state backed violence against workers, the sort of thing McDonnell mentioned re Churchill as Home Sec at Tonypandy, a Land Fit for Heroes it wasn't.

OK relative to the 60's and much of the 70's, and the Blair years, things look a bit shit atm, but it can get a whole lot worse.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #98 on: Saturday, February 23, 2019, 11:59:56 »

Very true.... however it shouldn't be forgotten, that in relative terms, you can still have a decent lifestyle.  The relativity, to which I refer stems from my father telling me what it was like in the late 20's through the 30's, up to the out break of war. 

Hunger marches, state backed violence against workers, the sort of thing McDonnell mentioned re Churchill as Home Sec at Tonypandy, a Land Fit for Heroes it wasn't.

OK relative to the 60's and much of the 70's, and the Blair years, things look a bit shit atm, but it can get a whole lot worse.
State backed violence - a bit like Thatcher and the miners
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, February 23, 2019, 14:50:32 »

State backed violence - a bit like Thatcher and the miners

Yes and for some time now they've been doing it to some public services. Mostly the NHS and Emergency Services.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, February 23, 2019, 17:43:54 »

Yes and for some time now they've been doing it to some public services. Mostly the NHS and Emergency Services.
No they haven't. Don't be silly. Unless you're just trying to overstretch a metaphor. In which case, still don't be silly
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, February 25, 2019, 10:05:06 »

I know next to nothing about the car industry, so probably a naïve question coming.  How feasible would it be for a manufacturer of electric vehicles to come in, modify the South Marston plant accordingly and re-start production there soon after 2021?

Surely the infrastructure there has decades of future use.  To have the site levelled and start all over would seem a terrible waste.

I assume not particularly when one considers what happened at Trollhatten when Saab went bang and nothing has been built there since.

With car factories the bricks and mortar are only a small bit and the machinery can if necessary be moved and re-utilised elsewhere, for instance I know a guy who works at BMW in Cowley and all the line there is modular, built in Germany and imported and reassembled, if it goes wrong a guy from Germany comes over to fix it and if its not needed at Cowley it can be shifted elsewhere in the groups estate if required.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, February 25, 2019, 10:14:12 »

Have they? Remember the bankrupt state we were in when Labour we're removed. I'm no Tory voter but Labour were an utter disater for the UK. With regards to your comment of another reccession all the ecconomic news is the reverse. Record levels of employment, gov.borrowing down.   https://order-order.com/2019/02/19/real-wages-rise-employment-surges-unemployment-plummets/

I am no fan of Blair nor Labour but for the about 10 millionth time on here, the state of the Uk economy in 2010 had very little to do with our government and a great deal to do with the US mortgage market and a world wide crash (likewise the boom before had feck all to do with our government however they tried to spin it), for someone who apparently made millions in the city your failure to understand world trade baffles me...

As for employment growing, its growing due to the manner in which the government record jobs, if you work one hour a week according to the government you are in employment even if you actually live off benefits, other countries in Europe record based on much stricter caveats and thus there figures are more realistic.   
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, February 25, 2019, 10:20:51 »

for someone who apparently made millions in the city your failure to understand world trade baffles me...

I suspect that bit of SRK's self revelation were probably as far in the realms of fantasy as this one he told us...

I was born in Swindon and have lived my life in a council house,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: