Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: HONDA  (Read 18690 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 12:22:24 »

Its the state of the nation reflected (arguing about it)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 12:26:13 »

You do realise that talking down to people constantly and telling them how wrong and thick they are will likely push them further away from your point of view. Both sides literally just shouting at each other.

This forum is probably a true reflection on the whole scenario at the moment. It has resulted in people insulting others about their spelling,reading instructions shovelling shit and licking peoples asses.

Fucking pathetic

Yeah, fair point I post like a bit of a bellend sometimes(often?) and can do with being a bit less reactionary

I don’t apologise for being angry about the way Brexit is going, and the wilful ignorance that is allowing the (imho) shit show of a farce to continue in the manner it is

Things get better but they never get good
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 13:00:25 »

It's sad, isn't it.  And most of us are guilty to a degree.  Inevitable outcome, I think, of a referendum result that was not far off being evenly split.

Cameron's calculation was that the referendum would settle the issue both in his party and in the country - and that probably would have happened if the winning side had polled 65% or more of the vote.  As it is, the winning side polling 52% of the vote has had precisely the reverse effect.  The country is more divided than ever.  Did Cameron really think that there would be an emphatic victory for either side?  Shocking error of judgement that we will all be paying for for many years to come.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #78 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 13:37:00 »

The EU-Japan trade deal which will phase out tariffs on motor vehicles by 2027 is a obviously a large factor in the decision. However, it was reported last year that cross-border checks would cripple Honda's production cycle. Honda is even going to halt production this April for 6 days for this very reason:
https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/honda-halt-uk-production-six-days-due-brexit-logistics

So Brexit must also be a huge factor in the decision in my opinion.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 14:52:00 »

The EU-Japan trade deal which will phase out tariffs on motor vehicles by 2027 is a obviously a large factor in the decision. However, it was reported last year that cross-border checks would cripple Honda's production cycle. Honda is even going to halt production this April for 6 days for this very reason:
https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/honda-halt-uk-production-six-days-due-brexit-logistics

So Brexit must also be a huge factor in the decision in my opinion.

Of course it is..  Anyone who says that Brexit has nothing to do with this decision (as many are, including old Teresa) is blinkered in my opinion.

It might not be the no.1 reason but Brexit would have of course come into their decision making and would have made their decision much easier.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #80 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 14:58:35 »

Of course it is..  Anyone who says that Brexit has nothing to do with this decision (as many are, including old Teresa) is blinkered in my opinion.

It might not be the no.1 reason but Brexit would have of course come into their decision making and would have made their decision much easier.
Spot on IMO too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 15:04:25 »

The Japan/EU trade deal makes it much easier & cheaper for Japan to export to the EU; and Brexit makes it much more difficult & expensive for the UK to do the same thing.  Brexit is not the whole picture, but it's definitely part of it.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 16:43:36 »

Even if Brexit had nothing to do with Honda's decision (fwiw I agree it was almost certainly a factor even if not the main one), the fact this is happening at the same time as Brexit certainly means the government will find it harder to respond to the event, focusing investment in the right places to avoid it causing significant disruption to the local economy, because they're fighting fires all over the shop and not just in Swindon.

(Of course, this assumes that but for Brexit the government would be competent and benevolent which might be stretching the point)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 08:41:40 »

Irrelevant of whether Brexit is one of the main factor's in Honda decision (which it is) all of these significant changes with major businesses in the UK moving their operations and cash, along with many other factors means we have a lovely period of recession to look forward to again..

Those that didn't like austerity before are going to love it this time around, and if they didn't vote for Brexit their sights are going to be well and truly aimed them.  And they will be point blank denying it of course.

The tories have really done a great job of screwing this country up haven't they.. 

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Sir red ken

« Reply #84 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 09:20:57 »

Irrelevant of whether Brexit is one of the main factor's in Honda decision (which it is) all of these significant changes with major businesses in the UK moving their operations and cash, along with many other factors means we have a lovely period of recession to look forward to again..

Those that didn't like austerity before are going to love it this time around, and if they didn't vote for Brexit their sights are going to be well and truly aimed them.  And they will be point blank denying it of course.

The tories have really done a great job of screwing this country up haven't they.. 

Have they? Remember the bankrupt state we were in when Labour we're removed. I'm no Tory voter but Labour were an utter disater for the UK. With regards to your comment of another reccession all the ecconomic news is the reverse. Record levels of employment, gov.borrowing down.   https://order-order.com/2019/02/19/real-wages-rise-employment-surges-unemployment-plummets/
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 09:29:15 »

35 days to go and we still don't know whether we'll be crashing out with no deal. We certainly don't know what trade policy the Government has towards the EU and USA etc during the 2 year withdrawal period.  Brexit plans remain undefined. After the fixed term parliament Act we cannot rule out a third General Election in 4 years.  

Wherever people stand on the issues of Brexit, we are undoubtedly led by the "Fcuk Business" party.  It's not Churchill or Dunkirk that pays for our living standards and services.  

And the alternative is Corbyn.  Brace, Brace!
« Last Edit: Friday, February 22, 2019, 09:35:10 by RedRag » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 09:53:45 »

Have they? Remember the bankrupt state we were in when Labour we're removed. I'm no Tory voter but Labour were an utter disater for the UK.
Yes they have. Whataboutery about Labour does nothing to alter the fact that this government is an utter fucking shambles.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 15:09:35 »

The Tories called the referendum thinking they would win, and when they didn't Cameron jumped overboard, and the tories that were part of the leave campaign shrunk back down under their rocks until somebody else stood up to be the ones in the firing line.

Now they are taking us out with no plan A, let alone plan B or C.

Yes they have!

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 16:57:55 »

Not trolling, but what I have found is that Honda workers cannot drive for shit. Don't indicate, can't park, don't use lights at night, lack of lane discipline.... rahhh.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 17:42:12 »

Quote from: Ardiles
I know next to nothing about the car industry, so probably a naïve question coming.  How feasible would it be for a manufacturer of electric vehicles to come in, modify the South Marston plant accordingly and re-start production there soon after 2021?

Surely the infrastructure there has decades of future use.  To have the site levelled and start all over would seem a terrible waste.

to be fair that's half of Swindon
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: