Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: HONDA  (Read 18910 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 15:38:09 »

I am yeah, but i gather they were generally pretty shitty times. I can’t wait to return to them
The 80s were ace, I discovered booze, women, and punk in the 80s. Although I'll grant you the political/economic backdrop wasn't great. Looking forward to the return of Nik Kershaw-style snoods though.
Sir red ken

« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 15:48:06 »

Am I wrong??

We can’t build a trainline between London and Leeds. How on earth are we going to replace thousands of jobs and billions of pounds in investment?

What's with the we, I could do it. You on the other hand, not a hope, you could figure out how to use the shovel or what end of it to hold.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 15:56:09 »

I am yeah, but i gather they were generally pretty shitty times. I can’t wait to return to them

They weren't shitty.... just different.

Essentially from 1945, through to about say 85 (closure of works and arrival of Honda), you had some sort of political consensus. 

This was built around the acceptance of the "welfare state" and the need to eradicate 5 evils which had plagued Britain since the onset of the Industrial Revolution.  The 5 evils being Want, Disease, Ignorance, Squalor and Idleness.

It was broadly accepted that this would have to be paid for by a mixture of taxation on both the population and business, and would be achieved by a balance between public service and private enterprise.

Political discourse subsequently has been about the balance needed to maintain the consensus.  Essentially Labour likes to spend a bit more, Tories usually a bit less.  Atm we're at a phase where the consensus is starting to break down, and the evils are returning.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 16:04:06 »

What's with the we, I could do it. You on the other hand, not a hope, you could figure out how to use the shovel or what end of it to hold.

Thats why in the new world order you'd be a worker bee and he'd be, wait, need a new analogy.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 16:05:25 »

They weren't shitty.... just different.
The Winter of Discontent - nobody was content with that. Obviously.

All out.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 17:56:20 »

Although you couldn't write any of the instructions for said shovel. At least not in English. So you'd be out shovelling shit, he'd be your boss.
Sir red ken

« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 18:33:23 »

Although you couldn't write any of the instructions for said shovel. At least not in English. So you'd be out shovelling shit, he'd be your boss.
I'd shovel the shit and you'd lick his arse after he's taken one.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 19:17:26 »

I'd shovel the shit and you'd lick his arse after he's taken one.

Sir red ken. Adding the full weight of his intellect and wit. Bravo sir, bravo.

It's All Good..............
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 19:20:30 »

tbf that's two successive posts now that were recognisably English. The Russians must have upgraded the algorithms in their bots
Sir red ken

« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 19:32:07 »

Thanks
Sir red ken

« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 19:33:28 »

tbf that's two successive posts now that were recognisably English. The Russians must have upgraded the algorithms in their bots
You're quick pauld, no taking that away from you.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 10:26:49 »

Head of BMW has come out and said production could move to the Netherlands in the case of a no deal Brexit. News is a huge surprise, and would mean the end of the Swindon plant

Project fucking fear

Things get better but they never get good
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 10:32:13 »

Edit, that article I read from was dated 8th October 🙄

Things get better but they never get good
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #73 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 12:02:47 »

Head of BMW has come out and said production could move to the Netherlands in the case of a no deal Brexit. News is a huge surprise, and would mean the end of the Swindon plant

Project fucking fear

You do realise that talking down to people constantly and telling them how wrong and thick they are will likely push them further away from your point of view. Both sides literally just shouting at each other.

This forum is probably a true reflection on the whole scenario at the moment. It has resulted in people insulting others about their spelling,reading instructions shovelling shit and licking peoples asses.

Fucking pathetic

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 12:20:22 »

You do realise that talking down to people constantly and telling them how wrong and thick they are will likely push them further away from your point of view. Both sides literally just shouting at each other.

This forum is probably a true reflection on the whole scenario at the moment. It has resulted in people insulting others about their spelling,reading instructions shovelling shit and licking peoples asses.

Fucking pathetic

Back at the time of the referendum.... the TEF vote was more or less 2-1 for Remain.

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=56538.0

As such it's sort of inevitable there will be a lot of unhappy people, especially the younger element, who may feel there has in the subsequent years been no good explanation of how Brexit will improve their lives. If anything quite the reverse.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: