Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Newport v Swindon officially postponed what you doing instead thread  (Read 21358 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, February 15, 2019, 12:03:01 »

I was going to this, so it's a bit annoying.  No news of the rearranged fixture yet.  Am I right in thinking there are no replays, in the 5th round of the cup now  Hmmm

In which case Newport and ourselves are free on the 26th.
Yes, no replay, settled on the day,  extra time then penalties if needed.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, February 15, 2019, 12:07:28 »

Might go to watch Farnborough (who are on a nice little run at the moment) vs Harrow Borough.  Either that, or paint my banister rail.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, February 15, 2019, 12:58:10 »

I think Thursday is "late night" opening.

Edit: Nope - 8 to 4 every day except Wdnesday. Great
Yes Thursday late nights is only in the summer, fortunately I checked this *before* I loaded the car up again when I got back from work last night. Wankers
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, February 15, 2019, 12:59:08 »

Just been there - it was empty. Give me your car keys and I'll do it for you. How much is your car worth?
This time last year, less than the rubbish I was taking to the tip! Since then got a lease car though so will have to decline your kind offer Smiley
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, February 15, 2019, 13:15:17 »

I will be going to the tip because after loading the car up with a load of shite we need to get rid of and driving over there on Wednesday lunchtime, I then discovered the council have decided to close the tip on Wednesdays. WTF? So instead of a quick trip midweek, I can spend my Saturday afternoon in a fucking massive traffic jam with the rest of Swindon. Wankers (the council, not the rest of Swindon)

The tip off junction 17 is open on a Wednesday Wink
If going to the Swindon tip you can check the live camera feed to see if it's quiet or busy, and don't forget to take your driving licence for proof of residency.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 15, 2019, 13:17:00 by 4D » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, February 15, 2019, 13:19:16 »

The tip off junction 17 is open on a Wednesday Wink
Bugger. Although tbf given the whole idea was to go in my lunch break, that might have been a bit of a schlep. Will remember next time though
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, February 15, 2019, 13:20:55 »

Bugger. Although tbf given the whole idea was to go in my lunch break, that might have been a bit of a schlep. Will remember next time though
Probably do the round trip plus dump in a lunch hour.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, February 15, 2019, 13:24:01 »

Probably do the round trip plus dump in a lunch hour.
Maybe, and given I didn't need a dump, that would have given me time for some lunch too! Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, February 15, 2019, 13:28:24 »

you sure the j17 tip isn't asking for proof of address these days?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, February 15, 2019, 13:31:06 »

I remember when you only needed fake id so you could get into clubs underage. Somehow, needing fake id to go to the tip doesn't have quite the same air.....
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, February 15, 2019, 13:34:47 »

Might go to watch Farnborough (who are on a nice little run at the moment) vs Harrow Borough.  Either that, or paint my banister rail.

Weirdly I was thinking of going to this too!
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, February 15, 2019, 14:03:46 »

I will be going to the tip because after loading the car up with a load of shite we need to get rid of and driving over there on Wednesday lunchtime, I then discovered the council have decided to close the tip on Wednesdays. WTF? So instead of a quick trip midweek, I can spend my Saturday afternoon in a fucking massive traffic jam with the rest of Swindon. Wankers (the council, not the rest of Swindon)

I'll be getting rid of some old shite too, replacing my toilet bowl etc. Won't need the tip though. Luckily atm there's a building site next door and one of the builders said today I can throw the old bowl in their skip ;-)
« Last Edit: Friday, February 15, 2019, 14:06:54 by Munichred » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #27 on: Friday, February 15, 2019, 14:10:09 »

I went on a Saturday afternoon a few weeks back and there wasn't a queue, in fact there were more spaces than cars!

Pays off to get there just before it opens usually.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, February 15, 2019, 14:49:45 »

you sure the j17 tip isn't asking for proof of address these days?

They shut the tip 3 miles from us, fuck knows why, it was always busy, i suspect it has to to do with the toff cunts living in the village nearby. Our nearest tip is now in Warwickshire unless i want to travel over 20 miles each way. Piss taking bastards.

Always look forward to getting asked for proof of address at the Warwickshire tip, never happens.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, February 15, 2019, 14:58:08 »

Brummie tans  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: