Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Andy Caton  (Read 2975 times)
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 16:08:57 »

Think Andy Caton is given a bad time on here. when he started and then under Wise he was promising and would have made it. He comes from North Leigh and had a bad time for a while ( I think being  involved in a car accident). He would have been a first teamer.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 16:14:10 »

Kingy gave him his first minutes. Lots of hype due to the last minute tap-in at Wrexham. Saw him days later against Luton and he was okay.

Perhaps Town failed to develop him before the injuries arrived.

Think he works for Crystal Palace now. Physiotherapy or something similar.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 17:10:09 »

Think Andy Caton is given a bad time on here. when he started and then under Wise he was promising and would have made it. He comes from North Leigh and had a bad time for a while ( I think being  involved in a car accident). He would have been a first teamer.

Does he? I hadn't really seen him mentioned anywhere. Like a lot of our youth teamers (especially strikers) he looked very promising but didn't quite make the grade, doubtless not helped by injury.

When I did that STFC youth team quiz a while ago, it was amazing how many strikers slipped into this category - Caton, Storey, Waldon, Draycott and a few others. Caton himself made a decent number of league appearances, only 12 youth team players got more than his thirteen this side of the millennium.

Lets hope Scott Twine and Sol Pryce aren't destined for a similar path.
Panda Paws

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 17:51:53 »

Think Andy Caton is given a bad time on here. when he started and then under Wise he was promising and would have made it. He comes from North Leigh and had a bad time for a while ( I think being  involved in a car accident). He would have been a first teamer.

Hope you're well Andy.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 17:59:00 »

Hope you're well Andy.
Cheesy I think Family at War will be happy you mistook him - certainly age wise! although I do know he lives close to where Andy Caton was born Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 14, 2019, 14:33:24 »

Very pleased!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: